Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:37:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Your gaming area

Started by peanutbutter, August 08, 2020, 09:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanutbutter

Pretty sure this is a HUGE part of why I can't play bigger games very much, I wind up playing them at the same desk I work at all day and am browsing the internet at and it's all just a bit shit.

What's your gaming area setup like?

Bonus points if you've some suggestions for a space limited area. Studio apartment but I could throw whatever on top of a wardrobe easily enough (or just fling it onto the bed while I'm awake). Really don't want to use the same seat as I'd be working from. Have a beanbag up there already but it's very baggy and shite, would consider a more specific one with some back support I guess.

Chedney Honks

1m from OLED telly with blackout blinds. My eyes feel fucked at this point.

peanutbutter

Quote from: Chedney Honks on August 08, 2020, 10:16:42 PM
1m from OLED telly with blackout blinds. My eyes feel fucked at this point.
Sounds pretty great for the kind of shit you tend to play in fairness, Ikaruga on that setup, like

What kind of seat?

Chedney Honks

Just an IKEA easy chair kind of thing, I can't remember what it's called. I also use an extra lumbar support thing and a support cushion because my chair at work is basically a spine crumbler.

Pink Gregory

Hunched painfully over a coffee table, cables stretched over half the room, even with a gamepad because it's a 24" TV and you can't really see anything at 1080p from across the living room.

Wonderful Butternut

The advantage of buying a house in an unfinished estate from a receiver [nb]Disadvantages include builders rubble under a few inches of topsoil in the front garden, wood external doors that let all the heat out and a back garden that turns into a swamp in the winter[/nb] is that you get a lot of house for your money, so Castle Butternut has a dedicated music / computer room.

So I have my gaming PC at it's own desk and have a stationary seat & rig for my race wheel, albeit a cheap one that's designed for a less powerful wheel and gamer of lesser mass, that I drag over to my desk. Bass guitars and amp are at the other side of the room.

Glebe

rack and peanut

Touch me in my gaming area

Bazooka

I lay on a bed squinting at the size -000000000.7 size font text that devs love these days.