Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 06:17:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Infantile language 2020

Started by Twit 2, August 09, 2020, 04:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

People who say "testicular fortitude".

Zetetic

Quote from: icehaven on August 26, 2020, 03:09:26 PM
Similarly the "bit" bipolars are just trying to justify being unreasonable but again no one wants to think of themselves in those terms.

Might try to normalise "medically unreasonable".

"I'm so unreasonable, I had to see a doctor about it."

Zetetic

Quote from: Clownbaby on August 26, 2020, 06:11:25 PM
Couples that look like twins, naaah
Once had a stranger come up to me and my partner in the street to tell us that we shouldn't have children on this basis.

Marner and Me

Two gwars walking down the street look like siblings.

touchingcloth

People who say af a lot are shit af.

On the topic of strangers approaching people in the street to comment on their procreation status, I have a white friend who is married to a black man, and she was once out without him pushing their mocha coloured son in a pram, and a woman confronted her to accuse her of kidnapping the kid, and demanded to see identity documents from her.

JarrowMonkey

Quote from: pcsjwgm on August 21, 2020, 12:59:28 PM
"[Something supposedly good happening] and I am here for it" or "... and we are here for it".

Giancarlo Bigazzi and Riccardo Del Turco consider rewrite

Clownbaby

"Jesus fuck" has really started to grate

idunnosomename

to be honest i say that a lot when something surprising happens like someone pulls out in front of you on a roundabout or I bash my shin. cant really be helped, just random mash of expletives

Quote from: idunnosomename on August 31, 2020, 01:51:02 PM
when something surprising happens like someone pulls out in front of you on a roundabout

Paul Ross rendezvous?

Hand Solo

Quote from: Clownbaby on August 31, 2020, 01:46:04 PM

You know a phrase has become uncool once the Pope starts using it.

idunnosomename

really stopped the kids saying things were "consubstantial" and "proper bo"

Twonty Gostelow

Quote from: pcsjwgm on August 31, 2020, 02:35:10 PM
"Learnings"

https://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/episodes/learnings/12612770

Humble learnings. Cultural learnings. I think it's been around for a while but obviously it looks like a rash of them in Australia at the moment.

That presenter's got a touch of the Michael Palin about him.

Hand Solo

Quote from: Twonty Gostelow on August 31, 2020, 07:50:41 PM
Humble learnings. Cultural learnings. I think it's been around for a while but obviously it looks like a rash of them in Australia at the moment.

(2006) Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan

Twonty Gostelow

Indeed. That's why I referenced it (it's not in the video).

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Playing hard and fast with the original concept of the thread's title now.

Clownbaby

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on August 31, 2020, 10:21:33 PM
Playing hard and fast with the original concept of the thread's title now.

Really, this is going too far? In the same thread as ''the carpet needs cleaned''? Naaaaah

touchingcloth

"Carpet needs cleaned" is like something an actual infant would say. "Nappy needs unshitted, wahhhh, wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh."

Clownbaby

See now, I'm even less on board with this, cause I don't think I've ever heard an infant say ''unshitted''

RDRR

Quote from: 'https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54116606';
Ms Truss said the UK-Japan Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement means 99% of exports to Japan will be tariff-free.

"The agreement we have negotiated - in record time and in challenging circumstances - goes far beyond the existing EU deal, as it secures new wins for British businesses in our great manufacturing, food and drink, and tech industries," she said.

"From our automotive workers in Wales to our shoemakers in the North of England, this deal will help build back better as we create new opportunities for people throughout the whole of the UK and help level up our country."

idunnosomename

Can't wait for the UK to go supersaiyan and defeat the he EU with a kamehameha

touchingcloth

Pink Gregory

Finding it hard to deal with 'Grumpy'.  Adult emotions reduced to a cloud with a frown on it.  Also the sound of the word makes me gip.

SpiderChrist

Our CEO sent out a weekly video message in which she referred to "happenings" and "learnings". The CEO of an exam board. Fuck my dirty mouth.

Paul Calf

You need to get him some lube.

Marner and Me

Out yesterday and some old man said look at that tortoises, it's pronounced tortuss (tortoise) doesn't matter either way as it was a fucking terrapin. Which he asked if I'd seen the tortoise and I said I hadn't but I had seen the terrapin.

kalowski

Quote from: SpiderChrist on September 20, 2020, 07:43:06 AM
Our CEO sent out a weekly video message in which she referred to "happenings" and "learnings". The CEO of an exam board. Fuck my dirty mouth.
Get ready, cos we're gonna swing,
We're going going going to a happening.