Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 08:04:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Infantile language 2020

Started by Twit 2, August 09, 2020, 04:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on August 10, 2020, 03:00:20 PM
I know someone (a woman with an adult job bossing about a team of middle-aged men) who regularly refers to dinners/breakfasts/snacks of beans on toast with cheese on top as "cheesy beanos". I hate this more than anything else in the world.

that and its context "wins the thread"

"wins the ..." e.g. internet, comes second.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Cuellar on August 10, 2020, 03:10:35 PM
Might be one of the most depressing things I've ever seen

Idiots referring to "tech" and believing they are above the mere mortals around them.
Idiots believe tech to be Silicon Valley exclusively.

Jerzy Bondov

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on August 10, 2020, 08:25:42 PM
Laughed both at reading this before the detail in the quote box and after.

GRAAVAHRJ

The Mollusk

ZoyzaSorris

Quote from: flotemysost on August 11, 2020, 12:43:51 AM
Yep, that's what I meant (I'm a she, by the way :) )

Sorry - yes I know you're a she, I somehow got confused with who was being quoted there.

Ken Oath

"All the feels".

Feel this, you prick..

Ken Oath

A person I used to work with liked to say she was going off "for a toiley". Not even to the toiley, but for a toiley. Fuck knows what she did in there.

Quote from: Ken Oath on August 11, 2020, 12:38:11 PM
A person I used to work with liked to say she was going off "for a toiley". Not even to the toiley, but for a toiley. Fuck knows what she did in there.

Maybe she was French and was using a silent T?

Ken Oath

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on August 11, 2020, 12:43:16 PM
Maybe she was French and was using a silent T?

"Je vais aller pour une toiley"??

buttgammon

Quote from: Ken Oath on August 11, 2020, 12:38:11 PM

That's the same level of hideousness as 'go toilet'.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Chedney Honks on August 10, 2020, 01:43:16 PM
Any adult who likes Disney or Harry Potter instantly kill yourself.

I consider an adult anyone over the age of five.

See this post and the following ones:

https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,68891.msg4279135.html#msg4279135

That's a Mickey Mouse chronograph in among those watches. I tried to find the exact model to see if Famous Mortimer should bother picking it up and selling it on eBay. I didn't find the exact one but it looks like the various Disney resorts put out a limited edition Mickey Mouse watch every year and they're collectible and go for upwards of a ton each.

A Mickey Mouse chronograph. Fuck's sake, if you're going to get a proper serious watch get a proper serious watch, not one with a cartoon mouse ruining it.

Those limited edition Disney Princess wedding dresses are the female equivalent. I know the entire wedding industry infantilises grown women anyway but those really take the piss. Why spend £10K to look like you've been to a fancy dress shop?

https://www.kleinfeldbridal.com/product-category/dresses/disney-fairy-tale-weddings-collection/

Blue Jam

Also I'm childish as fuck and I fucking hate Harry fucking Potter. That's how childish liking Harry fucking Potter is.

Chedney Honks

I'm extremely childish but that stuff is perverse for wankers

Blue Jam

"Walt Disney... now there's a man who lived the American Dream."

"Really? I thought he just drew pictures of mice."

idunnosomename

I'm not sure when good things started to "slap" but i wish they wouldn't

Retinend

In a new Netflix show called "Connected", in an episode about the science of fecal matter, the presenter (who looks like this) consistently refers to the latter as "poop":

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Potter and Disney too juvenile for Bosto but not cartoonlike computer games with an aesthetic from wot games were when he was a child.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Retinend on August 11, 2020, 04:52:04 PM

In a new Netflix show called "Connected", in an episode about the science of fecal matter, the presenter (who looks like this) consistently refers to the latter as "poop":

Any use of poop ever by someone with the intelligence to speak or write should result in being made unemployed in the life. Wretched pig people with their euphemistic safety blankets.

Whenever I encounter it I always try to fire a tidal wave of aural viscera in its direction.

idunnosomename

It's not like there aren't common easily-understood words for it that aren't swearing.

Depending on context and what produced it: dung, manure, stool, excrement, faeces, droppings, etc

Chedney Honks

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on August 11, 2020, 04:54:32 PM
Potter and Disney too juvenile for Bosto but not cartoonlike computer games with an aesthetic from wot games were when he was a child.

I hate them old shit games, you're thinking of madhair.

Potter and Disley are not shit because they're childish or whatever, I'm very childish and childlike, a real fuckin naif. They're shit because they're for scarf wearing happy holidays teeth whitener fucking I'm a 'nerd lol just love books haha' I have no personality besides identifying with media guess who's kooky dats right lil ol me FUCKKKKKKKKS.

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: Chedney Honks on August 11, 2020, 05:48:13 PM
I hate them old shit games, you're thinking of madhair.

Potter and Disley are not shit because they're childish or whatever, I'm very childish and childlike, a real fuckin naif. They're shit because they're for scarf wearing happy holidays teeth whitener fucking I'm a 'nerd lol just love books haha' I have no personality besides identifying with media guess who's kooky dats right lil ol me FUCKKKKKKKKS.

So, they don't do this in any other language or culture? Not anywhere in the world? Can you present proof of it not happening.

Chedney Honks

Apologies if I misrepresented myself. I don't discriminate on the basis of language or nationality. They can all get to fuck.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Feel like pure shit just wanna pmay Nebula Ray (1993)

Chedney Honks

Kryton

People who say Omnomnom to describe something tasty.

Or furbabies for dogs, or puppers/puppos. Just fuck off.

Kryton

Also why do millennials and zoomers call going out for a drink in the afternoon 'Day drinking'.

Oh what did you do yesterday - Oh we went Day drinking.

Just say we went for a drink. Nobody cares what fucking time it was.

Twit 2

Proper angry about all this.

bgmnts

Quote from: Kryton on August 11, 2020, 07:12:17 PM
Also why do millennials and zoomers call going out for a drink in the afternoon 'Day drinking'.

Oh what did you do yesterday - Oh we went Day drinking.

Just say we went for a drink. Nobody cares what fucking time it was.

Never heard of this until now.

Kryton