Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:35:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Atari VCS

Started by Famous Mortimer, August 11, 2020, 02:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Still pretty bad for the price though. The Ryzen 2200U APU in there is three years old. For a similar price you can get an Asus PN50 with last year's 4300U which is much faster. You're still really only paying for preloaded Atari games and the nice case.

oustropique

The Atari games available on this are also available on Steam, in a package called Atari Vault, so there is literally no reason to buy this. Even if you don't have a computer, buy a better computer.

The slew of mini-consoles we've seen in the past few years have all been executed astonishingly badly. I struggle to realise why anyone cares at this point. Even if you think, 'oh, [game company], I remember them', they always come at a premium for a product with no care put into it.

El Unicornio, mang

I love how it looks, zero interest in getting one though.

Chedney Honks

Quote from: oustropique on January 08, 2021, 11:34:04 AM
The slew of mini-consoles we've seen in the past few years have all been executed astonishingly badly. I struggle to realise why anyone cares at this point. Even if you think, 'oh, [game company], I remember them', they always come at a premium for a product with no care put into it.

Nintendo ones were decent. SEGA MD was done by M2, so immense care was put in.

Sonny_Jim

I'm glad this finally came out.  I was following the progress of it via /r/shittykickstarters and looked like it was doomed for the longest time there.  There was an awesome moment last year as well when /r/AtariVCS went full feral and they ended up starting /r/AtariVCSOfficial.