Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,343
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 03:36:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Chart Music Podcast 2 (Man Sound) - ITS PIPOU TIME!

Started by dr beat, August 11, 2020, 09:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shiftwork2

Pop Crazed Youngsters might be interested in Dr Greggles's Lockdown Pub Pop Quiz tomorrow.  It's slightly less effin hard than Here Comes Quizzm and it comes out on time.  Mid chart placing in Oscillations.  See ya there

Brundle-Fly

Absolutely brilliant episode.

P.S. The only error I spotted was Neil getting I'm A Believer mixed up with Daydream Believer when referring to Robert Wyatt's TOTP appearance.

In fact. let's enjoy that again now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5hPENM6h78

Good episode slightly tarnished by their inexplicable failure to recognize that "Rivers of Babylon" is one of the best #1s they've ever had on the podcast.

Johnboy

loved hearing Neil's praise of Grease - I too was happy to have it juggernaut over me as a kid

dr beat

Ok so far I'm calling it for
Spoiler alert
23rd December 1982
[close]

dr beat

dr beat

To Chart Music Podcast: Sarah Bee, David Stubbs, Taylor Parkes, Simon Price, Neil Kulkarni, and, of course, Al Needham.  From us - to all of you - from CaB! Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year!!!

Thank you for so much!

We wish you all the very best, lets keep talking on the other side 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C2dglFGlL8

DrGreggles

Quote from: dr beat on December 10, 2020, 01:17:11 AM
Spoiler alert
23rd December 1982
[close]

Haven't they done a normal episode followed shortly afterwards with an Xmas episode for the last couple of Decembers?

That's what I want under my tree right now please.

Neomod

Quote from: dr beat on December 10, 2020, 01:17:11 AM
Spoiler alert
23rd December 1982
[close]

I hope not. That's quite a mediocre episode with no real highs or lows to coat down/get passionate about. I'm sure I remember them talking about Heartbreak Avenue already or did I dream it.

SteveDave

Whatever Christmas episode they did in December 2017 was the one that finally hooked me into this world. I was waiting to be operated on on the 30th of December and I remember having to suppress my laughter at Al's introduction to Little Jimmy Osmond "THIS CUNT!"

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: dr beat on December 10, 2020, 01:34:53 AM
To Chart Music Podcast: Sarah Bee, David Stubbs, Taylor Parkes, Simon Price, Neil Kulkarni, and, of course, Al Needham.  From us - to all of you - from CaB! Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year!!!

Thank you for so much!

What's this about, have i missed something?

edon

Quote from: Neomod on December 10, 2020, 10:45:51 AM
I hope not. That's quite a mediocre episode with no real highs or lows to coat down/get passionate about. I'm sure I remember them talking about Heartbreak Avenue already or did I dream it.
Heartache Avenue has been mentioned favourably in passing at least once or twice, but I don't think they've actually covered it.

As much as it'd be good to hear them rhapsodising proper about that song, it kind of is the one small highlight of that weak episode, and they only did 1982 last in March, so I reckon they're going to pick an 80s Christmas show from a year that hasn't been covered quite so recently.

Either way though, Merry Christmas to Al and all else of course

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: dr beat on December 10, 2020, 01:34:53 AM

Thank you for so much!

*raises a polystyrene cup of mulled wine.

Hear hear!

dr beat

Sorry was getting my festive on last night, I did enjoy that episode of ToTP though.

non capisco

Last year's Christmas episode, where Taylor got all existential about how sexy he found that Legs and Co routine where they're dressed as reindeer, was one of my favourites. 

boki

It'd be just Taylor's luck for him to become a Furry against his will.

Rizla

Quote from: non capisco on December 10, 2020, 03:27:10 PM
Last year's Christmas episode, where Taylor got all existential about how sexy he found that Legs and Co routine where they're dressed as reindeer, was one of my favourites.
Indeed, that was one of the most insightful musings on the mechanisms of desire and sexuality I've ever come across[nb]phwoooar[/nb].

shiftwork2

Quote from: DrGreggles on December 10, 2020, 07:16:04 AM
Haven't they done a normal episode followed shortly afterwards with an Xmas episode for the last couple of Decembers?

That's what I want under my tree right now please.

Yeah.  For all that Al professes to hate Christmas he really pulls out the stops in December.  I'm vainly hoping for Christmas Day '72, although we (Daf) may have already shown that to be unlikely earlier in the thread.  I can dream.

edon

Xmas 72 does have two of the Yewtree lot stinking the place up (and it's not Savile and DLT either), but here's hoping they do go for it. As for the other one I'm thinking it'll be in the 84-86 vicinity, or perhaps an early 90s edition.

Patreon message by Al suggests the December episode may drop closer to New Year's Eve than Xmas Eve. Only 2% of the show notes have been done so far and the recording has not been done yet.

Bernice

That's fine. A lovely festive egg for the Christmas gooch.

Egyptian Feast

Quote from: Satchmo Distel on December 15, 2020, 07:50:58 PM
Patreon message by Al suggests the December episode may drop closer to New Year's Eve than Xmas Eve. Only 2% of the show notes have been done so far and the recording has not been done yet.

There will be one before that to tide us over at least. I finally finished catching up with the pre-COVID episodes the other day and now it feels like something key is missing in my life. I've even listened to another podcast (Alexei Sayle), but it barely touched the sides.

edon

For anyone wanting to fill the CMP void with something Pop-Crazed, there is of course The Giddy Carousel of Pop (the decent Smash Hits magazine podcast which I'm sure has been mentioned both here and by Al himself at some point), and the Bigmouth episode that both Simon and David appeared on to discuss TOTP a few years ago. Not the very same of course but good further listening.

dr beat

JohnnyYen

Dr Beat was on the money. Kulk and RAAAAAAAAWK EXPERT, DAVID STUBBS

Natnar

Quote from: JohnnyYen on December 16, 2020, 01:30:36 PM
Dr Beat was on the money. Kulk and RAAAAAAAAWK EXPERT, DAVID STUBBS
Blimey have we finally got a Kulkani/Stubbs pairing for the first time?

Neomod

So no festive 'all the gang are here' special then.

Humbug.