Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:07:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Chart Music Podcast 2 (Man Sound) - ITS PIPOU TIME!

Started by dr beat, August 11, 2020, 09:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

Wonderful stuff. 7 hours flew by!
When I can fly long haul again, I'll cue this episode up.

SteveDave

DrGreggles

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Spoiler alert
"You know that song, Biko? A lot of people don't realise that its real title is The Phil Sivers Show."
[close]

Happy new year, Taylor, you funny bugger.

bigfatheart

Absolutely cracking episode that, it seems daft after 7+ hours to say this, but I'm just left wanting even more.

A bit surprised that
Spoiler alert
after comparing the Flying Pickets to the Young Ones, there was no mention of the fact that Christopher Ryan had been in the Pickets pre-fame. Although I can't remember if that came up when they covered them before?
[close]

Also,
Spoiler alert
loved Neil sticking up for 'Give It Up', seeing as I love that song, and even if they never forget that K.C. has been on Top of the Pops more times than they have, the coating down he got the other time that song came up did make me question whether there was something wrong with my taste. Ta, Neil!
[close]

Camp Tramp

They only mentioned it briefly but
Spoiler alert
I felt vindicated when they said that Southern Freez by Freez is a great song
[close]

Fucking glorious episode. 
The bit near the end when
Spoiler alert
Toyah turned up at Al's door
[close]
creased me up. 

non capisco

Quote from: Beep Cleep Chimney on January 02, 2021, 11:19:11 PM
Fucking glorious episode. 
The bit near the end when
Spoiler alert
Toyah turned up at Al's door
[close]
creased me up.

That wrongfooted me, I thought it was going to be
Spoiler alert
Bummerdog
[close]

Second episode in a row that at least one of the team have mentioned "When we get to do a live episode", by the way. Sounds like something they're seriously considering once the spiteful armoured bollock has been vanquished. 

boki

Loved this bit on
Spoiler alert
'All Night Long'

Neil: You can't get upset with it.
Al: No. Taylor?
[close]

dr beat

I normally have a strict rule that I only listen to the CMP Christmas shows in December, but I'm going to make an exception for this.  Great stuff, 7 hours but it flew by.

JohnnyYen

Have to admit that before I'd quite twigged to the tag-team nature of it, I was getting very upset on Sarah's behalf thinking everyone was just blokeblocking and ignoring her. I'd mentally half-written the snotty complaint email ("Sir, As a High-Flying Cat in good standing...) before she came back with an absolute showstopper.

non capisco

Quote from: JohnnyYen on January 05, 2021, 10:38:09 AM
Have to admit that before I'd quite twigged to the tag-team nature of it, I was getting very upset on Sarah's behalf thinking everyone was just blokeblocking and ignoring her. I'd mentally half-written the snotty complaint email ("Sir, As a High-Flying Cat in good standing...) before she came back with an absolute showstopper.

Ha ha, same! Was wondering why she'd gone quiet and Al wasn't then directing the conversation her way.

dr beat

Must have been one hell of an edit job - big up to Al and the gang.

kidsick5000

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on January 02, 2021, 02:08:17 AM
Spoiler alert
"You know that song, Biko? A lot of people don't realise that its real title is The Phil Sivers Show."
[close]

Happy new year, Taylor, you funny bugger.

Bloody loved that.

I find it strange that The King of Comedy received its UK TV premiere on Christmas Day 1983, as it only came out at the cinema in 1982. Generally speaking, in those days you'd have to wait four or five years for a film to turn up on telly for the first time. I can only assume that, because TKOC was such a massive flop, the distributors weren't particularly arsed. Channel 4 probably bought it off them for a fiver.

JohnnyYen

Feels a bit like TP has been promoted to co-host, him being the only one there throughout. Which is fine by me, I'd happily listen to his lugubrious musings every week.

Quote from: boki on January 03, 2021, 11:56:42 AM
Loved this bit on
Spoiler alert
'All Night Long'

Neil: You can't get upset with it.
Al: No. Taylor?
[close]

That was great.
Spoiler alert
Al's nano-pause and nervous intonation were perfectly timed and delivered. Sighs of relief all round when it became clear that Taylor loves All Night Long too. As much as I love his deadpan coat-downs, I didn't want to hear him tear such a banging record apart. Especially at Christmas.
[close]

Neomod

Quote from: JohnnyYen on January 05, 2021, 06:14:53 PM
Feels a bit like TP has been promoted to co-host, him being the only one there throughout. Which is fine by me, I'd happily listen to his lugubrious musings every week.

If there is a 'breakout' star from CMP it's our Taylor and obviously Al recognises that.[nb]Not denigrating the other CM Panel members. They each bring something unique to the table and I enjoy them all. Even droning David[/nb]

Bernice

Wasn't it originally conceived of with Stubbs as co-host, or am I misremembering?

Egyptian Feast

Al refers to Stubbs as his 'wing man' in episode 2.

Taylor saying
Spoiler alert
Ali Campbell looks like he should be in a sausage
[close]
was unfortunately timed as I was just inhaling a lungful of smoke which went down the wrong hole and caused me to splutter like I was choking to death. I had to pause for 5 minutes until my chest went back to normal. Funny cunt.

SteveDave

I'm listening to this episode by episode and Lord almighty, those Tik-Tok adverts voiced by Idris Elba are making me rage. Before I turned it off this morning there was also an advert for a podcast discussing S Club 7's TV series. Sweet Jesus.

buzby

It's not Arthur Baker on keyboards with Freeez for IOU btw - it's Freeez' keyboard player Andy Stennett (the band at this point was basically John Rocca, Andy Stennett and Peter Maas on bass). Here's what Arthur Baker looked like in 1983 (though he doesn't look much different now) - a lot fatter, hairier and beardier than Stennett:

shiftwork2

I was perusing the video playlist and I recognise the ceefax Shaky saying 'Oh dear, a bat bit you' despite never owning the game.  It was on the forum wasn't it, and not that long ago?  Someone's avatar maybe.

JohnnyYen

If anyone needs any more excuse to drink, I've come up with the Chart Music drinking game. Any time one of these happens, do a shot.

NK: "In a sense"
REDS: "Or whatever"
TP: calls someone a motherfucker
SP: "yeahyeahyeah"
SB: [resigned sigh at Bad Joke, usually from Taylor]
AN: "First Name surname IS FIRSTNAME FUCKING SURNAME"
BUMMERDOG!

Pissed by the second hour.

non capisco

Stubbsy: 'etc., etc.'

Taylor: 'Know what I mean?'

non capisco

One of the guests : 'Did I tell you about the time when..' (insert outline of an anecdote)

Al: (excitedly) : NO!!!!

You can hear it, can't you? They're in my head, this bunch.

Nelson

When Taylor did that Noo Joisey accent at the end of the discussion of Uptown Girl, what was he referring to?

Here's a CM drinking game I've just thought of:

Line up shots and cue a DLT or Noel Edmonds episode. You must down one for every insult or slur directed their way.

Dead before the first song even starts.

Neomod

Frankly Mr Shankly is the Smith's song I think Sarah was grasping for Down Under.