Author Topic: Chart Music Podcast 2 (Man Sound) - ITS PIPOU TIME!  (Read 35430 times)

Re: Chart Music Podcast 2 (Man Sound) - ITS PIPOU TIME!
« Reply #510 on: January 09, 2021, 01:13:49 AM »
(new page chirpy chirpy cheep cheep by the jay boys)

david stubbs mentioned a reggae version of slade's cum on feel the noize on that last ep - al got as excited as i did at the prospect of it -i've tried googling, no luck, it's not on the video playlist - anyone know what he was talking about or was it misremembered bollocks?

shiftwork2

• pies this is your time
« Reply #511 on: January 09, 2021, 01:32:21 AM »
I had only vague recollections of the video for Total Eclipse of the Heart but fuck me every frame delivers.

easytarget

• five gas lighters for a pound
« Reply #512 on: January 09, 2021, 06:23:52 AM »
Chart Music drinking game.

TP: flat (as a description)
TP: flat (referring to his flat)

Loved the 7+hour monstercast, I'm glad they kept Taylor as the permanent guest - he's my favorite one. AND it was great to hear from every contributor in this episode, they're all superb.

Egyptian Feast

• Nice girls don't wear cha-cha heels
« Reply #513 on: January 09, 2021, 12:33:26 PM »
I had only vague recollections of the video for Total Eclipse of the Heart but fuck me every frame delivers.

It's a work of art. There's a video in the playlist with some American singing a literal description of the onscreen action, which is very funny and well done, but kinda unnecessary. Every time I watch it I've forgotten how dense with absurdity it is and am astonished anew.

Sarah's slam poetry description was great. I love how Al barely had the time to edit the episode, compile the playlist and write the blurb before 2020 ran out, but he still ensured that bit was given the soundtrack of ridiculous sound effects it deserved.

« Reply #514 on: January 10, 2021, 11:04:09 AM »
What a stupendous episode! I loved every single second of it. I usually find Stubbs a bit of a bore but I enjoyed his review of TOTP 2020 Christmas spesh and the story of Stockhausen prank.

What with it being an end of year TOTP, there was oodles of great music for them to discuss. I turned five in 1983 and I have pretty vivid memories of hearing songs for the first time in that year, especially Eurythmics, Billy Joel and Bonnie Tyler (the video for the latter might as well have been a full length film as far as I was concerned at the time).

I love Chart Music so very much. Their ability to coin phrases astounds me. I particularly liked Al's use of "Huxtable disco" to describe Lionel Richie's music.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 11:14:57 AM by Dusty Substance »

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

• a hopeless vanity... a stupefyingly futile conceit
« Reply #515 on: January 10, 2021, 08:27:46 PM »
Here's a CM drinking game I've just thought of:

Line up shots and cue a DLT or Noel Edmonds episode. You must down one for every insult or slur directed their way.

Dead before the first song even starts.

I wonder if they'll ever run out of funny and inventive ways of slagging that pair off? It seems unlikely.

bigfatheart

• Breakdancing Detergent
« Reply #516 on: January 10, 2021, 08:37:20 PM »
I watched the 1974 Christmas special hosted by those two cunts earlier, and which hasn't been covered yet - there's plenty of fuel for that particular fire in that episode.

« Reply #517 on: January 11, 2021, 09:20:18 AM »
Great episode. Full of nostalgia for me covering the year I was born. Mainly because one of our main taped off the TV VHS tapes was of MTV USA on Irish TV around end of 83/ early 84 which had so many of these songs.

Was really caught off guard with Janice Long little joke about All Night Long (All Night); and also loved what Al reasonably explained as a misread line apart Tina Turner.

boki

• Defecranium
« Reply #518 on: January 12, 2021, 12:26:55 PM »
Anyone else get halfway through their second listen before realising that the doorbell was playing the Whole Lotta Love riff?

Tags: