Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,470
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:46:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Spielberg’s Director’s Chair rediscovered with Gillian Anderson and Tarentino

Started by Sebastian Cobb, August 12, 2020, 12:20:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/quentin-tarantino-jennifer-aniston-video-game-steven-spielberg-directors-chair-a9666296.html

This could be interesting, point and click cd rom, sounds quite ahead of its time.

I seem to remember a friend had an X-Files point and clicker that was all full-motion video and was on a rather ludicrous 7 cd's. It was probably shit though. I'm sure I would've asked to borrow it if our PC had the chops but it didn't so I borrowed Day of the Tentacle instead and fucking loved it.

Old Nehamkin

Had a wee go earlier. Any game that opens by offering you the menu options "MANIC TARANTINO" and "CALM TARANTINO" is an instant A+ for me.

Shit Good Nose

"Tarantino in a rare acting role" - they've obviously never seen one of his films.

I had this (along with Blade Runner the only CD-ROM game I ever owned), but never played it as I had zero interest in it.  I don't think I ever even took the wrapping off.  Not sure what happened to it.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on August 12, 2020, 01:29:54 PM
"Tarantino in a rare acting role" - they've obviously never seen one of his films.
I'm not sure that counts as acting.

NoSleep

Timothy

I have this on cd-rom with the original box. You can make your own movie while Spielberg give some hints. If I remember correctly Tarantino was one of the actors and Penn and Teller were also in it. You could make your own movies with the pre-recorded scenes. Quite fun.

Thanks for this OP. Can't wait to try it and play it again.

peanutbutter

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on August 12, 2020, 12:20:21 PM
I seem to remember a friend had an X-Files point and clicker that was all full-motion video and was on a rather ludicrous 7 cd's. It was probably shit though. I'm sure I would've asked to borrow it if our PC had the chops but it didn't so I borrowed Day of the Tentacle instead and fucking loved it.
I think that came out on PS1 as well, can remember one friend in school getting it and absolutely hating it.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on August 12, 2020, 01:29:54 PM

I had this (along with Blade Runner the only CD-ROM game I ever owned), but never played it as I had zero interest in it.  I don't think I ever even took the wrapping off.  Not sure what happened to it.

Jen did this after already doing the first 3 Minotauroms (CD-ROMs for early Minotaur scripts prior to the first film). I was ahead of the game. The world didn't notice.

Johnny Textface

Quote from: BlodwynPig on August 12, 2020, 09:29:41 PM
Jen did this after already doing the first 3 Minotauroms (CD-ROMs for early Minotaur scripts prior to the first film). I was ahead of the game. The world didn't notice.

How is Jen by the way?

Hand Solo

If you waggle your joystick hard enough you can cheat to get to the secret Hollywood Director Paedoing Cabal section without any of the blood, sweat and tears normally involved.

QDRPHNC

Chriddof

That came out on DOS PCs as well. Never had the full game, but I did have the DOS demo. I always loved the idea that Chapin's acclaimed films were, within the in-game universe, just a static shot of a set with a few people wandering about and occasionally falling on their arse. I think custard pies came into play in later levels / legendary works of cinema.