Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,456
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 02:26:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Rusty Lake/ Cube Escape games

Started by holyzombiejesus, August 12, 2020, 02:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holyzombiejesus

Anyone else like these? 'Eerie' (in inverted commas because some of it's a bit silly rather than actually chilling) series of puzzle games with macabre characters throughout. Played one last night where I had to get a disfigured man to wank in to a beaker so I could combine it with a maggot to make a baby in a machine. I really like the graphic and sound design and they're probably my favourite games I've played on my phone. There are loads of them too.

peanutbutter

One of them was in the Itch bundle, haven't gotten around to it yet though

Rev+

'Rusty Lake Hotel' is the only one I've played, which I think was their expanded commercial shot after releasing a lot of free games.  Nice weird atmosphere, but despite it not being all that long I'd had enough of it by the time it ended.  Sometimes there's a little thrill when you try something nonsensical in order to solve a puzzle and it somehow works, but there's not much satisfaction to that kind of thing.  You've not figured anything out, you've just tried a load of stuff until something worked.

Noodle Lizard

I played through all of these a couple of years ago and loved them. Just the right level of difficulty, and some really great atmospheric and creepy elements (Lynch-as-you-like, mind). I remember one of them (The Lake? The Cabin?) being genuinely quite frightening. I should play through them again.