Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:17:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Holiday Cunts

Started by Chedney Honks, August 14, 2020, 10:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: AllisonSays on August 16, 2020, 11:53:00 AM
How's the view up there on Parnassus mate?

Sorry, but I'm not the one putting other lives at risk. End of. If I do, I would expect and welcome the same opprobrium, but you should own this public health disaster. You lost it by saying "only 100 metres away"... if you were guilt free you would not need to qualify your actions.

AllisonSays

Fair enough. I think you're applying an abstract rule to a specific situation, but if you can explain to me  how occasionally walking 100 yards, maybe even less, to an empty beach for a swim, meeting no-one, is causing a 'public health disaster' then (seriously) I won't do it.

My understanding, which is obviously very partial, is that there's much less risk of contamination outside, and a vanishingly small risk on an empty beach - the busy beaches at Brighton over the heatwave don't seem to have caused much of a spike, for instance. But again, I'm open to being explained to (rather than being scolded, which I'm not really that interested in).

Chedney Honks

If we took a holiday
Took some time to exhale air
Just one day left of life
It would be, it would be so shite

Everybody spread the vid
We're gonna have a ventilation
Let's cough on all the BAMEs
In Euston Station

It's time for the fuckdown
Forget about your nan, oh yeah
Let's have a spitting contest
We need a holiday.

AllisonSays

Quote from: Chedney Honks on August 16, 2020, 06:17:24 PM

In Euston Station

Big laugh from me there.

flotemysost

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on August 15, 2020, 12:03:14 PM
I believe so.

Yep, makes sense, although it's odd that I can't seem to find any advice about it online.

So much of the guidance seems to assume that the majority of people a) can work from home (and I'm lucky that I do fall into this category), and b) are living with family or partners, or generally in some sort of harmonious, cooperative situation  - rather than with people you might not know that well, who have separate plans, lives, needs, and boundaries, which might be at odds with your own (although I'm sure that's the case within lots of families and couples, too).

I've got things pretty easy in this situation and it could be WAY worse - I'm just miffed because Autumn is my favourite time of year, and I was really looking forward to making the most of going on some nice walks after this cunting heat, but it's a really petty pipsqueak of a problem, I know - but what about the many people who don't have any real communication with the people they live with, and don't necessarily always know where they are or what they're up to?

Quote from: Sin Agog on August 15, 2020, 12:06:31 PM
You might be alright so long as you and your flatmate refrain from giving each other Nuru massages for a few days after she comes back.

Ha, we can easily go for days without seeing/talking to one another, so I don't think there's any risk of that. Although tbf a soapy rub down would probably be quite a wise thing to do on returning from Brazil.

popcorn

I think it might be time to stop doing "considers rewrite" now.

Dex Sawash

Aretha Franklin considers rewrite

Paul Shane cancelled after out-take surfaces.

Braintree

If we took a holiday
Took some time to exhale air
Just one day left of life
It would be, it would be so shite

Everybody spread the vid
In Euston Station

It's time for the fuckdown
Forget about your nan, oh yeah
Let's have a spitting contest
We need a holiday.

In my 100+ years on CaB this is definitely the best thing I have ever read.

Blinder Data

Quote from: BlodwynPig on August 16, 2020, 11:57:42 AM
Sorry, but I'm not the one putting other lives at risk. End of. If I do, I would expect and welcome the same opprobrium, but you should own this public health disaster. You lost it by saying "only 100 metres away"... if you were guilt free you would not need to qualify your actions.

Didn't you go on pub crawl at a recent Newcastle Meet? Can you confirm that you followed the correct guidance at every stage?

I'm not arsed if you did or not, I'm merely pointing this out because you, me and most others are trying to follow the guidance in the best way they can and hectoring someone for going swimming in the open sea right by his house is OTT. There are way too many people acting like Stasi informers, trying to trip people up, and it's tedious.

flotemysost

Quote from: flotemysost on August 16, 2020, 11:43:23 PM
I've got things pretty easy in this situation
Quote from: flotemysost on August 16, 2020, 11:43:23 PMbut what about the many people who don't have any real communication with the people they live with, and don't necessarily always know where they are or what they're up to?

While I maintain I've got things VERY cushy compared to lots of people, I may have spoken a little too soon with the above. Today my flatmate rather breezily announced she was "thinking of going to Spain tomorrow, flights are only £30". What can I say to that? (I don't think she is actually going.)

In Euston Station

Oh that's gold.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteEverybody spread the vid
In Euston Station

Top notch

flotemysost

Don't blame it on the cheap flights
Don't blame it on the 'Spoons pints
Don't blame it on the drunk whites
Blame it on the Muslims

Don't blame it on VE Day
Don't blame your summer holiday
Don't blame it on BJ
Blame it on the Muslims

I just can't, I just can't, I just can't control my Eid (x2)

Yeah I know Eid was ages ago and there's probably been a million variations on this by now

idunnosomename

there are two Eids, the holier one was 31 July this year. the breaking of the fast one was 24 May.

Annie Labuntur

Quote from: flotemysost on August 17, 2020, 10:56:39 PM
Don't blame it on the cheap flights
Don't blame it on the 'Spoons pints
Don't blame it on the drunk whites
Blame it on the Muslims

Don't blame it on VE Day
Don't blame your summer holiday
Don't blame it on BJ
Blame it on the Muslims

I just can't, I just can't, I just can't control my Eid (x2)

Excellent.

On the down side, in your avatar I'm pretty sure there's someone off-camera dangling something above the cat.

Cuellar

Going on holiday next week

🤣🤣🤣

Puce Moment

I was thinking about booking a holiday in January in Bruges but that seems a bit optimistic/stupid.

Going to get the tent set up in the garden.

I mean, I want to sympathetic to those on holiday but I could not give a fuck.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

No fucker has a clue where we will be in January but I wouldn't plan anything too far ahead.

Unless you are in a job that forces you to take leave months ahead, commiserations if so.

Cuellar

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Cuellar on August 18, 2020, 06:38:47 PM
Only going Cornwall

🤣

MASSIVE spike down there at the moment

Puce Moment

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on August 18, 2020, 06:01:24 PM
No fucker has a clue where we will be in January but I wouldn't plan anything too far ahead.

Unless you are in a job that forces you to take leave months ahead, commiserations if so.

Not forced to take leave but I am off for the first week of Jan 2021 before teaching starts, but what the fuck am I on about because who knows what teaching will look like and Bruges probably won't exist outside of that tower doing Colin Farrell tours like how Warwick Castle now do Disney Princess in the Tower tours of their ancient tower.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: BlodwynPig on August 18, 2020, 06:45:27 PM

And it's just there? No-one come to collect it?

flotemysost

Quote from: Annie Labuntur on August 18, 2020, 02:11:59 AM
On the down side, in your avatar I'm pretty sure there's someone off-camera dangling something above the cat.

FUCKS SAKE. 2020 now OFFICIALLY written off

In case it's of interest/use to anyone else, I eventually found the GOV.uk page advising that you don't need to isolate when someone else in your household returns to the UK from a country outside the Common Travel Area (unless anyone in the household tests positive/has symptoms - but obviously in that case you should all be isolating and getting tested anyway).

On one hand, I'm glad I won't be legally banned from going for a walk or whatever for two weeks (and of course I can get stuff for my flatmate if she needs anything), but I don't know, as a policy it still seems a bit... risky maybe? Or at least reliant on people being ON IT with looking for symptoms and getting tested... but I guess, again, that's the case regardless of travel.

Naturally I'm gonna be extra vigilant with scorching the fuck out of every shared door handle, bathroom surface etc. upon my flatmate's return, and I always leave the windows flung open anyway, already check my temperature daily etc. but as she and I don't often tend to spend much time hanging out in the same room normally, and we don't share food or anything, I imagine for me it probably won't feel that different to the normal routine.

Well, until we both start hurling up pulmão de fundente anyway.

Chedney Honks

I'm not being funny but y'all ever exhaled rillettes

😃😃😃

flotemysost

Quote from: idunnosomename on August 18, 2020, 01:43:39 AM
there are two Eids, the holier one was 31 July this year. the breaking of the fast one was 24 May.

Just seen this - had no idea there are two, cheers for enlightening me (I was thinking of the one in May).

flotemysost

Quote from: Chedney Honks on August 19, 2020, 12:10:21 AM
I'm not being funny but y'all ever exhaled rillettes

😃😃😃

No but I would inhale that shit.

Quote from: BlodwynPig on August 18, 2020, 06:45:27 PM

You ignored the comment above calling you out, you've been done like a kipper Blodwyn.

wooders1978

Got a week off in October - I kinda, really, want to go on holiday - preferably to France as I am a bit of a Francophile

I should not do this should I