Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:34:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Holiday Cunts

Started by Chedney Honks, August 14, 2020, 10:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: thelittlemango on August 19, 2020, 12:43:18 AM
You ignored the comment above calling you out, you've been done like a kipper Blodwyn.

?? Shoulder's comment??

Done like a kipper?

That would be Arbroath or Alnmouth, not Cornwall where the fields are turning red with the blood of Covid mockers.

ASFTSN

Quote from: BlodwynPig on August 20, 2020, 11:08:28 AM
?? Shoulder's comment??

Done like a kipper?

That would be Arbroath or Alnmouth, not Cornwall where the fields are turning red with the blood of Covid mockers.

Think they meant Blinder Data's comment about you going to the CaB meet.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

4,750 cases in France today! Those are numbers they were getting at its peak in April.

Close to eff all in terms of deaths though.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/france/

Not exactly alone with this either are they? Something's up. A lot of countries that had a severe first wave aren't seeing huge numbers of deaths to accompany the July/August rise of infections.

It increasingly looks like there has been wider exposure across Western Europe than estimated. The virus picked off the most susceptible. It would support the data showing excess deaths to begin with then a trough afterwards.

chveik

they've been testing a lot more than before but still, it doesn't look good. although people seem to respect the face mask rules

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Yes, it seems like France and some others could feel a little hard done by for the UK reintroducing quarantine for new arrivals when considering the number of deaths are either continuing to fall or just scraping along at the bottom, even when accounting for the time lag of infection to knock-on effect.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/sweden/

To compare and contrast with everyone's favourite weirdos, Sweden. (I know they aren't a 'control test' for various reasons as there were a whole raft of precautionary measures. They didn't go into lockdown but it wasn't a total free-for-all either).

You can see unlike the UK, France, Spain, Italy which responded to lockdown with a steep decline in deaths, Sweden fell away gradually, perhaps a little more organically, but their deaths per million are still similar to all of them.

The cases/deaths are a loose mirror of each other.

So at what point do we start using a different metric to asses whether it's safe to travel to certain countries than just purely cases/infection rates? In some countries who have had the virus the longest, detected cases are quite high but fewer of them, a lower % week on week, become fatal.

BlodwynPig

Total eradication of the disease, I reckon. ;0) I will buy you a few beers at the Lumen Craft pub in Chisinau when all this over and we can have a right old laugh.

petercussing

MY glib boss came back from hols in Croatian and now has covid lolololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol*

*I'm worried really, he's over 50 and whilst not unfit, not in top shape and i really like him

BlodwynPig

Quote from: petercussing on August 21, 2020, 08:59:34 AM
MY glib boss came back from hols in Croatian and now has covid lolololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol*

*I'm worried really, he's over 50 and whilst not unfit, not in top shape and i really like him

He made his choice. I hope he enjoyed his final holiday at least.

Chedney Honks

Although it won't be his last time at the 'departure lounge'.

🤣🤣🤣

BlodwynPig

Peter, take this as an opportunity to gain that much deserved promotion.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Chedney Honks on August 21, 2020, 09:24:31 AM

🤣🤣🤣

*HIGH FIVE*

petercussing

Quote from: Chedney Honks on August 21, 2020, 09:24:31 AM

🤣🤣🤣

Loooool he might die! Does teach him a lesson. He was dying to go on holiday after lockdown and got the inverse!!!!1!!1!

Quote from: BlodwynPig on August 21, 2020, 09:36:29 AM
Peter, take this as an opportunity to gain that much deserved promotion.

TBH i probably would do if he ends up in total grave position

BlodwynPig

I obviously hope he does not die or even get on a ventilator. But you can post him the comments from me and Boston to give him a jolt.

petercussing

Lolz it's all gut, he deserves some hard razzing from the most barbed of electronic tongues. I did email him a link straight away and now he's just shouting out loud over and over that he's the most stupidist of men in the world at his wife who in turn is just furiously clapping in acknowledgement and somehow now he's not gone to Croatia and hasn't got covid retrospectively, so that's a boon (non-Elphick kind).

Chedney Honks

Yo DJ Pierre, I hope you bossman pulls through but I hope he writes everyone a formal letter on the danger of corono and says soz.

BlodwynPig

petercussing

Quote from: Chedney Honks on August 21, 2020, 01:39:34 PM
Yo DJ Pierre, I hope you bossman pulls through but I hope he writes everyone a formal letter on the danger of corono and says soz.

I'm sure he'll be str8 gravy and not str8 grave-y. He will have to tattoo "Holiday Covidiot" diagonally across his face , and wear an "I went to croatia and all i got was this debilitating disease" t shirt that will be glued to his torso.

Bence Fekete

Around the age of 12 my parents took us to a nudist beach in La Rochelle in the southwest of France. I was paddling out in the sea only about elbow deep when, precisely at eye-level to her crotch, I spotted a lustrous bronzed sexagenarian goddess emerging, bond-like, from the deeper water towards me.

It was the first time I'd ever seen a muff. At once a magical, cosmic exchange between me and the creator. I couldn't stop looking at it. I couldn't stop thinking about it.

Dog Botherer

and that sexy sexagenarian? she grew up to be Ghislaine Maxwell, socialite and turbo paedo

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Bence Fekete on August 21, 2020, 04:35:25 PM
Around the age of 12 my parents took us to a nudist beach in La Rochelle in the southwest of France. I was paddling out in the sea only about elbow deep when, precisely at eye-level to her crotch, I spotted a lustrous bronzed sexagenarian goddess emerging, bond-like, from the deeper water towards me.

It was the first time I'd ever seen a muff. At once a magical, cosmic exchange between me and the creator. I couldn't stop looking at it. I couldn't stop thinking about it.

what year was this? I was there in 1987 and 1988

petercussing

My boss will learn nay lessons as he's feeling loads better already! The glibness will continue at good pace now