Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:37:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Football 2020/21 season - watch Barcelona weep while the EFL burns

Started by sevendaughters, August 15, 2020, 03:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sevendaughters

look, the rich club of megastars lost a game, let's analyse this root and branch and pretend to give a shit when Charlton go under again.

Ferris

Way of the world though innit? People only care about what they watch/support.

Example: I couldn't give a shit about Barcelona, but Villa's circling of the U-bend prior to The Big Flush is what I'll be watching all season. Can they avoid it for another year? Tune in to find out!

jobotic

Article about Charlton here.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/calling-all-football-fans-help-save-charlton-athletic/

I don't feel much warmth towards them after they spent their premiership time taking out adverts in the local press here and leafleting Gillingham games trying to persuade our fans to switch allegiance to Charlton so we could go to the Valley and see Rooney and Henry play. Cunts.

Hope they don't cease to exist though.

Rolf Lundgren

Another horrible mess that should have been stopped a long time ago but generally people don't care when an absolute maniac takes control of a football club. It all went wrong for Charlton when they sacked Curbishley. Just like it all went wrong for Stoke when they sacked Pulis. I'm saying never sack a plodding along British manager.

They're a funny team though Charlton. Don't think I've ever met a Charlton fan in my life but did once see their Welsh midfielder John Robinson at Stansted Airport.

chveik

chveik

BlodwynPig

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Not gonna bother investing anything in the outcome here after Atalanta.

chveik

BlodwynPig

Mr Eggs

chveik

BlodwynPig

All the talk of Barcelona in decline. This will herald City's decline.

Difference...City have never won the Champions League. BYE BYE PEP

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Just noticed on live text that there are more thumbs up than thumbs down for the Lyon goals whereas the equaliser for Man City was met with 2,220 thumbs down.

Popular side then

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on August 15, 2020, 09:49:12 PM
Just noticed on live text that there are more thumbs up than thumbs down for the Lyon goals whereas the equaliser for Man City was met with 2,220 thumbs down.

Popular side then

The old 3rd division was there standard. Bye bye CITEH

Chollis

this is the best chance they'll ever get and they fucked it

jobotic

Ref going to let them play until they get it to three all?

BlodwynPig

Shoulders?-Stomach!

6,800 likes for 3-1
1431 dislikes

I'm not sure I've ever seen that level of partisanship against an 'English' team in Europe before. Even Chelsea, even with John Terry. They have turned themselves into a monster.

BlodwynPig

JamesTC

City's lawyers already preparing the CAS appeal to be reinstated.

Inspector Norse

Haha at the cameraman panning to celebrating fans at the final whistle only to suddenly realise "oh right"

BlodwynPig

All German or All French final?

PSG vs Lyon would be the dream, I reckon it will be PSG vs Munich, with Munich winning 4-1

Inspector Norse

Course the upshot of this is that Bayern Munich or PSG will probably win the Champions League which fuck's sake but there's not really any likable "big" clubs around, whoever won it would have been an eye-roller.

Hope against all logic Lyon can make it all the way now.

DrGreggles

Ever since PSG won it's been all good.
Almost as if the 'footballing gods' are apologising.