Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 02:00:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Football 2020/21 season - watch Barcelona weep while the EFL burns

Started by sevendaughters, August 15, 2020, 03:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JarrowMonkey

Quote from: monkfromhavana on October 27, 2020, 01:34:03 PM
I mean, obviously the tie everyone in the nation will want to see is Salford Vs. Hartlepool, right?

I wanted my lot, Hartlepool,to get a big club or failing that Sunderland, we'll hammer Salford, they are fucking shite

imitationleather

Quote from: DrGreggles on October 27, 2020, 11:04:37 PM
Euro 2021

It's still going to be called Euro 2020. Can't wait for every cunt on Twitter to spend all next summer going, "They're calling it the wrong year!!! It's not 2020!!!! HashtagIdiots!!!!!!!"

Shoulders?-Stomach!

But we made all these lovely signs. We must use the lovely Euro 2020 signs we made.

EOLAN

Quote from: imitationleather on October 28, 2020, 08:16:59 AM
It's still going to be called Euro 2020. Can't wait for every cunt on Twitter to spend all next summer going, "They're calling it the wrong year!!! It's not 2020!!!! HashtagIdiots!!!!!!!"

Well UEFA still call the tournament for teams finishing a distance fourth the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE. Also; it isn't much a league either.

Captain Z

I wonder if they'll end up having to move the semis/final away from London to a country that has got its shit together enough to allow fans in?

George Oscar Bluth II

Quote from: DrGreggles on October 27, 2020, 11:04:37 PM
Didn't realise this was another CL week. Too much football.
Season started late with hardly any pre-season, finishes earlier due to Euro 2021, just as many games - fucking ridiculous.

Having European football at all this season seems pretty grotesque to me, especially given some of the teams involved (Lazio, for instance) are absolutely riven with Covid

Shoulders?-Stomach!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54712815

More embarrassing shit here trying to paint a fucking billionaire as Maverick Jesus for managing to exploit impoverished people 'the old fashioned way'. And yeah, it is football related.

Quotea desire to build something of lasting benefit to his home region.

a) get regional football team promoted
b) share wealth with local populace

Quote"Galitsky knows the name of every single player in the academy. That's hundreds of kids. He's unique."

Should probably keep an eye on that mate

Poobum

Can't wait for their profiles of Ramzan Kadyrov, and Suleyman Kerimov. Mavericks!

Inspector Norse

Listening to Leipzig players like Angeliño, Forsberg and Gulacsi have their names mangled by Martin Tyler and still can't quite figure out why football commentators, people who are literally paid to say the names of football players, can never be bothered to find out the correct pronunciations of foreign players' names.

bgmnts

A foot was offside so I mean it just has to be offside. I don't know how this isn't consistent, it's making very little sense.

Ole looked thrilled with the goal anyway...

BlodwynPig

No shocks this year. The same bunch of twats in the Quarters.

Inspector Norse

I can understand it not being given offside by VAR because it was tight and not clear and obvious. But that's not how they do it in the Premier League. So it just confuses EVERYONE. Why the hell have different rules in different competitions?

finnquark

Quote from: JarrowMonkey on October 27, 2020, 11:06:45 PM
I wanted my lot, Hartlepool,to get a big club or failing that Sunderland, we'll hammer Salford, they are fucking shite

Did you watch us nearly rob you blind there last night? Some rough stuff from your lot, thought you could have had a red there in the second half. We deserved a point but probably fair that Kosylo had his pen saved. If you're supposed to challenge for promotion, I'd say we'll be ok this year.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Captain Z

Royal Antwerp might end up thrashing us but at least I can enjoy Sonic Inc - The Taste Of Summer a few times.

imitationleather

Spurs must be the first team ever to make four substitutions during half time of a competitive match.

Wonderful Butternut

Pepe just took the best corner by an English side since Iago Aspas.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: imitationleather on October 29, 2020, 07:00:44 PM
Spurs must be the first team ever to make four substitutions during half time of a competitive match.

This is one of Mourinho's poker tells.

I can't remember any game where he made a raft of substitutions at half time that he went on to win.

phes

After making 3 subs and collapsing against West Ham and 4 subs and failing to turn it round against Anderlecht, Mourinho's season is beginning to resemble my fantasy football season where I'd be fuckloads better off if I'd never logged in and made any alterations at all

DrGreggles

In his first stint at Chelsea he made all 3 subs after half an hour, then they ended up having someone sent off and someone else go off injured - and obviously lost.
Not that he accepted any responsibility for his team selection afterwards.

JarrowMonkey

Quote from: finnquark on October 28, 2020, 09:01:22 PM
Did you watch us nearly rob you blind there last night? Some rough stuff from your lot, thought you could have had a red there in the second half. We deserved a point but probably fair that Kosylo had his pen saved. If you're supposed to challenge for promotion, I'd say we'll be ok this year.

Sadly I missed the match against Alty and sadly I didn't miss the shit show against Torquay, proper schoolboy defending, another season in the conference beckons

JarrowMonkey

Quote from: JarrowMonkey on October 31, 2020, 09:46:25 PM
Sadly I missed the match against Alty and sadly I didn't miss the shit show against Torquay, proper schoolboy defending, another season in the conference beckons

Bronzy

Former Hearts, Leeds and Rangers player Marius Žaliūkas has died aged 36, reportedly due to MND.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54764579

Apparently his wife only just had a baby earlier this year. Heartbreaking.

bgmnts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6pFuxIMvfY&ab_channel=BDOGCLIPS

These are seriously the most cringe cunts going aren't they? Except for the main man, he seems sound.

BlodwynPig

BlodwynPig

Quote from: bgmnts on November 01, 2020, 10:07:48 AM
Fuck it they were getting sent off anyway, may as well have a scrap.

A couple of yellows at the most. World gone mad.

DrGreggles

bgmnts

Is this the beginning of the spiral down to relegation scrapping? Poor buggers.