Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:19:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Help Me Identify This Song Please

Started by Dr Rock, August 16, 2020, 03:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Rock

It's a kind of Stooges/Cramps thing. I have it on an old mix CD I found, but I don't know where it's from, Shazam doesn't either.

https://soundcloud.com/kyle-richmond-57941949/2-audio-track

Dr Rock

Brilliant, thanks. I tried googling the lyrics but got nowhere. Thought the song might be called Killer Bug, now Killer Bud makes more sense. xx

the

There was only one hit, so it was lucky that someone on a forum had written out the lyrics. But the key is to use quote marks for any definite bits of phrases.

Dr Rock

Oh yeah I forgot that. My brain isn't what it used to be. If it ever was.

popcorn

HELP ME IDENTIFY A NEW SAWNG

3/4 years ago stumbled on a hiphop track I really liked. Now I've lost it and I can't find it again because I know fuckall about hiphop.

The only thing I remember about it is that it was pretty minimal and was backed by a really nasty, simple, fuzzy synth bassline.

I think I later got the impression it was a pretty well known/iconic/classic track... but I could be wrong about that too. However, it had the vibe of something kinda alternative rather than super mainstream.

I remember the vibe of the track being dark, sparse and maybe aggressive.

I have no idea when it was made, sorry. However the production reminded me neither of golden age 80s stuff nor of contemporary shiny modern stuff. If I had to guess I'd say 90s...?!

Sorry this so vague, I'm hoping my vague memory of it being a pretty famous track might boost my chances.

GOOD LUCK

I know fuck all about hip hop too, to be honest, but a good description and memorable bass line evidently caused the stars to align.

batwings

I have a dim memory of a hip hop track from circa 1984 that used these speech samples: "This is the one. This-this-This is the one." And "the sound of high fidelity." Never been able to find it on YouTube or anywhere. Any ideas?