Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:32:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Taken

Started by popcorn, August 17, 2020, 10:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomas

Mister Six

John Wick 1 is great. The sequels throw any attempt at making John seem even slightly vulnerable right out the window. It's like watching someone else play a video game. Boring as fuck.

Almost wish I'd bothered with Taken properly now. I vaguely half-watched it years ago when some housemates had it on, and it just seemed horribly grim, with Taken lurking around as all these kidnapped girls are drugged and set up to be raped, and leaving them to rot in their harems. Then he rescues one girl, and because she's his daughter we're supposed to be happy.

Man on Fire is a superior stupid action film involving kidnapping.

jofo

Patrice O'Neil's breakdown of this movie is great also,

"Soy Sauce Hair"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2UfMyMIaio

I.D. Smith

Quote from: Mister Six on August 24, 2020, 04:25:18 PM
John Wick 1 is great. The sequels throw any attempt at making John seem even slightly vulnerable right out the window. It's like watching someone else play a video game. Boring as fuck.

Almost wish I'd bothered with Taken properly now. I vaguely half-watched it years ago when some housemates had it on, and it just seemed horribly grim, with Taken lurking around as all these kidnapped girls are drugged and set up to be raped, and leaving them to rot in their harems. Then he rescues one girl, and because she's his daughter we're supposed to be happy.

Man on Fire is a superior stupid action film involving kidnapping.

Yeah, that bit bothered me too. Rather than going "I'll get my daughter then shut down this whole sorry endeavour " from what I remember he saves his daughter and then buggers off, leaving the rest of the drugged up girls to their fate. I mean, John McLane rescues his wife and her colleagues (most of them anyway)