Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:59:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

How do you like your hand sanitiser?

Started by pancreas, August 19, 2020, 01:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thin and evanescent
4 (23.5%)
Thick and substantial
2 (11.8%)
Seminal
3 (17.6%)
Raoul Moat
8 (47.1%)

Total Members Voted: 17

pancreas

It would be interesting if you could also indicate whether your choice resonates with your preference for crunchy or smooth peanut butter. Perhaps one could write a paper.

pancreas

pigamus

pancreas

PlanktonSideburns

Whichever one dries out hands least

Don't know which one that is

Anything that doesn't leave gritty residue which a few of them do.

M&S had a very runny one by the door the other week, smelt absolutely amazing. Everyone was asking the woman by the door where they kept it. Of course they don't sell it.

JaDanketies

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on August 19, 2020, 03:09:44 PM
Anything that doesn't leave gritty residue which a few of them do.

I'd trade the gritty residue for a soapy residue any day.

As part of an attempt to diet, I bought some 69.9% neutral grain spirit alcohol on the internet. That smelled like hand sanitiser. Good stuff though.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

The lowest quality sanitiser reeks of alcohol like the worst possible firewater, and doesn't dry very quickly at all. However, the experience indicates, rightly or wrongly, that your hands have been sanitised by the thorough dousing. I suppose that is preferable to the one that smells fragrant, like a cleaned toilet, but dries almost on impact.

Crunchy peanut butter, though I prefer it to have a modicum of goo rather than simply being a drying cement mix of cobbled peanuts.

pancreas

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on August 19, 2020, 03:38:26 PM
The lowest quality sanitiser reeks of alcohol like the worst possible firewater, and doesn't dry very quickly at all. However, the experience indicates, rightly or wrongly, that your hands have been sanitised by the thorough dousing. I suppose that is preferable to the one that smells fragrant, like a cleaned toilet, but dries almost on impact.

Crunchy peanut butter, though I prefer it to have a modicum of goo rather than simply being a drying cement mix of cobbled peanuts.

What a load of centrist flannel.

petercussing

I use 99.9% rubbing alcohol because i'm hard as guns!!!! (Please imagine me shouting that at you as i screach away in a loud sports car)

pancreas

Quote from: petercussing on August 19, 2020, 05:44:20 PM
I use 99.9% rubbing alcohol because i'm hard as guns!!!! (Please imagine me shouting that at you as i screach away in a loud sports car)

And the peanut butter?

PlanktonSideburns

Not arsed either way about how the PB is, a minor detail in a fast moving train wreck of a life

I envy any with it that far up their pyramid

flotemysost

Got some of this in Superdrug a couple of weeks ago:

No sticky residue, feels moisturising rather than drying, easily lasts for 20 seconds of rubbing[nb]Unlike some of us at the moment, I'm sure[/nb], and no reek of alcohol, but neither does it have that weird powdery nappy bag fragrance that lots of gels seem to use to counter that with. Winner.

Edit: fully paid up member of the crunch bunch here

petercussing

imitationleather

I like my hand sanitiser like I like my men.

Stinking of booze.

Mr Eggs

Dex Sawash

I have a product developed by Leslie Ash in my hand right now

Dex Sawash

Have some sanitizer that smells exactly like those lemony moist  towelettes they put in your food box at KFC[nb]in the 1970s anyway[/nb] Using it feels like a special day.

pancreas

Quote from: Mr Eggs on August 19, 2020, 09:26:02 PM

DEVELOPED BY LESLIE ASH.

Ash was hospitalised at the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital in April 2004 after suffering two cracked ribs, saying she fell off a table during frantic Kama Sutra sex with her husband.[9] She was discharged after a few days, but was readmitted after losing all feeling in her legs. In June 2004 while she was still in hospital, it was announced that a Staphylococcus aureus infection might have rendered her permanently unable to walk.[10]

A judge accepted the testimony of the nurse witnesses that Lesley been seen going around licking the flood, including all the corners. Another member of staff said she'd been grabbing old needles out the bin and taking whatever was in them, injecting them straight into her aorta. She takes 'clippings' from people, so she can cultivate strains of cholera in petridishes made of her own ejuaculate, which happens in her 'woman-cave' at the back of the garden—the cave is a basically an enormous wendy house/bungalow thing styled on Russ Meyer films, replete with disco balls. Once she's happy, she smears the cholera on her neighbours' door handles and laughs when it kicks in and they are fighting to puke and shit in the same toilet, one sat on the other one, shitting through the gap and puking over seated persons back. This she also films because she's installed devices in there when they're out. She sells them online to the poster poo for £5000 a pop.

I'm not sure she should be allowed to develop hand sanitiser.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteOnce she's happy, she smears the cholera on her neighbours' door handles and laughs when it kicks in and they are fighting to puke and shit in the same toilet,

Lost it by this point

Quote from: imitationleather on August 19, 2020, 09:19:28 PM

Stinking of booze.

I'm not saying I'm an alcoholic (Hi, my name is Better Midlands and I'm an alcoholic), but some of those hand sanitisers are pretty triggering.

Jockice

flotemysost

Quote from: imitationleather on August 19, 2020, 09:19:28 PM

...leaves you a bit sore and itchy!! LOL!!!

...vanishes into thin air after a while!!! WHAT ARE THEY LIKE EH

...it's awkward if you attend family events or social gatherings without one these days!!! AMIRIGHT!!!

Sorry, as you were.

Wouldn't be surprised if I saw any of the above on the customised greetings cards with painfully unfunny COVID-themed jokes, which I keep seeing advertised on social media at the moment.

Glyn

I've got the very sexy asthma/eczema gene and my hands are sensitive to harsh soaps at the best of times so it's been a struggle.

One place I would recommend though is the hand wash at Pembroke Castle. It was a foamy concoction which was an absolute delight and didn't irritate me at all . Top marks. Sadly it was in giant industrial size bottles so there was no chance of taking any and ,even more disappointly, there was none in the gift shop (missing a trick not slapping a Gerald of Wales sticker on it)