Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,470
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:37:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Cafe 'Rona

Started by Clownbaby, August 19, 2020, 07:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clownbaby

How many of you lot are working in some kind of eating establishment and putting up with all the faff that involves lately? I've been back up working in the reopened Dunelm cafe after being downstairs for the last few months and my god have the elderly customers been patient as ever (as in NOT.) Being on the front greeting customers as they come in, taking them to a table, getting the Track and Trace info and literally taking 20 seconds to explain that there's a restricted menu and other things is apparently smothering and such a nuisance, it's not as if there is some kind of virus preventing things from being quite as simple as usual eh

-Lots of customers interrupting to ask ''WHAT DO I DO" while I'm telling them what to do.

-People storming past the ''WELCOME PLEASE WAIT TO BE SEATED" sign because they were ''here just the other day yes i know i know'' and guess what, they have no idea what they're doing, dumping their dirty tray by the till, looking at the restricted menu then ordering things that aren't on there, walking against arrows, moving tables 4 times etc

-I've got to tell people that sugar and milk and salt and pepper and condiments are behind the till, and instead of just going ''yeah'' like you surely would, the amount of people who interrupt and blurt out ''I DON'T USE MILK/SUGAR" in a weirdly defensive tone is ridiculous

Get me back the fuck downstairs I want to fold cushion covers agaun

bgmnts

I haven't worked since January '19.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: bgmnts on August 19, 2020, 07:52:58 PM
I haven't worked since January '19.

Oh but you have. You may not call it 'work' in the conventional sense, but you have worked.

ASFTSN

Mate this sounds like a living hell. Hoping people settle into a "not being pricks about it" groove for you.

Clownbaby

Quote from: ASFTSN on August 19, 2020, 09:14:07 PM
Mate this sounds like a living hell. Hoping people settle into a "not being pricks about it" groove for you.

It's a 40% irritating customer level so it could be worse, to be fair a lot of people just nod and get on with it. Haven't had any major kick-offs yet but it's just that grinding little-by-little impatience and annoyance from people who clearly can't really cope with the actually pretty tame changes that eating places are going through at the moment, and shouldn't bother eating out for now if they hate the rules so much. I haven't eaten out since before the lockdown because I know I'd possibly be a bit annoyed by it and wouldn't want to be one of those grumpy cunts making everything take twice as long because my coffee took 3 minutes to order instead of the usual 2