Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:41:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

2000AD Humble Bundle

Started by Phil_A, August 20, 2020, 08:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil_A

Just thought I'd mention this away from the main comics thread as it's worth highlighting.

The current Humble Comics Bundle has 39 GNs from the 2000AD stable. There's some proper classic stuff in here like vintage Dredd, Zenith and Halo Jones as well as a great selection of more recent stuff like Kingdom, Brink, Zombo etc.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/judge-dredd-2000-ad-more-books

Basically, for anyone thinking about getting into this stuff, this is an absolutely cracking starter pack for a very small amount of coinage.

magval

What's Halo Jones like in colour, look good?

Phil_A

Hmm, it doesn't look too bad from what I've seen, but I suspect it won't add anything to Gibson's art.

MojoJojo

Thanks for this. I've got it for Zenith (they hadn't sorted out the copyright issues when I last tried to collect this) and the Dredds. The Future Shocks might be interesting too.

Any of the rest of it good? How about the Slaine's?

Phil_A

Quote from: MojoJojo on August 21, 2020, 10:18:12 AM
Thanks for this. I've got it for Zenith (they hadn't sorted out the copyright issues when I last tried to collect this) and the Dredds. The Future Shocks might be interesting too.

Any of the rest of it good? How about the Slaine's?

I would say the pick of the bunch are Kingdom, Brink, Brass Sun, Aquila, Shakara and Zombo. Mazeworld and Age Of The Wolf I haven't read but might be worth a look.

Slaine I can take or leave really. Counterfeit Girl was quite well received at the time but I didn't think it was all that, I'm not a huge fan of Peter Milligan's writing.

Mister Six

Worth $15 for Halo Jones alone.

MojoJojo

Quote from: Mister Six on August 21, 2020, 10:05:02 PM
Worth $15 for Halo Jones alone.

Yes - I hadn't counted Halo Jones because I've already got it.