Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:53:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tim Henson (polyphia) a geetar thread

Started by Nobody Soup, August 21, 2020, 05:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nobody Soup

So I've not seen any mention of this band on the forum my god, I've never heard a player like this guy. Im kind of unsure what to say about him because he puts my jaw on the floor, surely some sort of guest spot solo on a big hit a la Van Halen on Beat It must be around the corner because he's that good.

https://youtu.be/IL0dxX_z2qc

https://youtu.be/9_gkpYORQLU

I was well resigned to the "guitar is dead" argument, but its not quite yet.

PlanktonSideburns

Wow he's got a really nice style, solo he sounds like a modern jazz tosin abasi

Not sure about his band tho, his glitch vai thunderstrat vibe sounds like it would suit a ore jazz/electronic setting better. The classic rock drums and bass sound a bit old fashioned to me

Hand Solo

Sounds a lot like Ichika Nito who I posted in my other guitar thread. The next video that popped up even compared the two.

What would you call this style, it's not math rock, but it sounds similar to me?

Nobody Soup

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on August 21, 2020, 06:11:04 PM
Wow he's got a really nice style, solo he sounds like a modern jazz tosin abasi

Not sure about his band tho, his glitch vai thunderstrat vibe sounds like it would suit a ore jazz/electronic setting better. The classic rock drums and bass sound a bit old fashioned to me

I've only really just got into them, but one thing that seems apparent is that their music is definitely heading away from more traditional guitary show off stuff into the more interesting glitchy stuff. whether they stay together or not I guess is to be seen but they seem like the sort of people that are still to release their best work.

PlanktonSideburns

Yea good point, maybe I'm doing the classic old git move of

Hey, I recognise some of those elements from the past, how dare you!

Type stuff