Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:30:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Back2Skool2Die

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, August 22, 2020, 12:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pink Gregory

Friend with a five year old was ordered into 10 days of isolation due to a positive case in the reception class; maybe about two hours before dropping him off?

Drygate

I thought it was only secondary school kids that got the lateral flow tests, not primary?

I've been pleased at how the opening has gone at our school.

finnquark

'Could you please put a mask on in class?'

'No.'

'Ok.'

olliebean

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on March 10, 2021, 10:50:30 AM
CAB teachers/parents (I know some may be both), how have the first few days back been for you?

I note on another forum a teacher has posted that almost half of her class aren't wearing masks.

And my housemate reports that in the school where she works, most of the teachers aren't.

king_tubby

Four days at school and we're back on the homeschooling until the 22nd.

Fuck my luck.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: king_tubby on March 12, 2021, 09:01:06 AM
Four days at school and we're back on the homeschooling until the 22nd.

Fuck my luck.

Huh? What's happened?

king_tubby

Positive case in the class bubble.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: king_tubby on March 12, 2021, 02:14:39 PM

Open the bubble pubs! The pubbles!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: king_tubby on March 12, 2021, 02:14:39 PM

Right... That's surely getting replicated by the thousands in the next 6-8 weeks. I thought this was 'irreversible'.

finnquark

Getting the drip drip of isolations already, should be more uncovered next week with the next round of tests. 'Can you wear a mask please?' 'No.' 'Ok.'

Alberon

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on March 12, 2021, 05:29:03 PM
Right... That's surely getting replicated by the thousands in the next 6-8 weeks. I thought this was 'irreversible'.

The schools are irreversibly open, but all the pupils and most of the teachers will be isolating.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Alberon on March 12, 2021, 05:41:31 PM
The schools are irreversibly open, but all the pupils and most of the teachers will be isolating.

If a chalk remains stationary in an empty classroom, do the educators make a sound?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-56379381

'Led from the front by apologising..'

Oh wow, that's ok then. Remember that Aberfan disaster, yeah, sorry about that, cheers.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on March 13, 2021, 10:39:04 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-56379381

'Led from the front by apologising..'

Oh wow, that's ok then. Remember that Aberfan disaster, yeah, sorry about that, cheers.

When will this wrong-speak be challenged outside of these hallowed walls? Fucking hate it.

bgmnts

Just dont go uni really. Simple.

MojoJojo

So the reopening seems to have basically been fine?

Chedney Honks

Who would have thought that masks would reduce transmission in schools

Drygate

So does that mean they were wrong to close primary schools (they've aren't wearing masks and cases haven't gone up)?

Chedney Honks

They basically didn't, my wife's school had 50% attendance at primary level when schools were 'closed'. My mate's wife had two thirds in a high school.

It's obvious that the vaccine has made the difference when you look at case across Europe.

Drygate

Our school was way less then that.

So it was the vaccines that made the difference and not the kids in secondary schools wearing marks?

I guess we'll never know as it's impossible to compare. No masks (in schools) and no vaccine vs masks (in schools) and vaccines.

Chedney Honks

Damn you must be right therefore is the more than one variable!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: MojoJojo on March 26, 2021, 09:15:15 AM

I think it needs a bit more time to feed through. I would have started to say yes, but the cases today being +1378 vs. same time last week has put me on edge a little bit. More data needed.

Chedney Honks

Infections in secondary school children rose today.

So schools being closed made a difference. That's a fact.

finnquark

Got half a class isolating already. We go again.

Chedney Honks

Drygate

Cue up your next just asking the questions gotcha

Vitalstatistix

Quote from: MojoJojo on March 26, 2021, 09:15:15 AM

Loads of kids yanked out of lessons this week and sent home to isolate, either due to positive LFT or close contact with positive LFT (as confirmed by PCR), more than at any stage since we reopened in September. Plus two teachers and one support staff. This is a state comp, ~1500 pupils. Hopefully I'm wrong but I reckon we'll see overall case numbers continue to increase from now on for a while. Fuckin' ballache having to teach and also put work on Teams for isolaters but testing should get them back in sooner than previously. Testing in school has gone really well to be fair but now we've switched to kids testing themselves at home so we'll see how that goes.

JohnnyCouncil

Quote from: olliebean on March 10, 2021, 09:55:46 PM
And my housemate reports that in the school where she works, most of the teachers aren't.

At my work (a FE college) all members of staff can get a testing kit, allowing then a couple of tests per week for 3 weeks, uptake has been low.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

https://twitter.com/JamesWard73/status/1375546091488358409?s=19

Seems to be a lack of agreement on the direction in terms of infections in schools.

Chedney Honks

This is clearly a relatively good return compared to previous. Looks like masks + vaccine + LFT + better weather + fuck teachers = basically doable.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Mmm, fear at the back of my mind is that the R rate exceeding 1 can lead to a rapidly deteriorating situation and long delays to easing of restrictions. I still think they're riding a tiger with this current plan.

In my opinion the restrictions should be applied like a throttle, tightest right at the end of lockdown to drive the numbers of infected down steeply. Instead of reopening schools when we did, there should have been a 10-14 day curfew and all systems halt, squeezing it down, before then releasing the kids to schools.