Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:56:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Suicide Squad.

Started by Glebe, August 23, 2020, 12:32:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sevendaughters

woah looks like there's a roll call scene where someone wisecracks through it!

druss

I just went and watched bot GOTG trailers with the idea of coming back and saying "Look how shit these looked, but they ended up great!", but they actually looked good and made me want to watch them again.

So yes, this will probably be shit.

Thomas

we're some kind of The suicide squad

Goldentony

literally some kinda the suicide squad really is that what were going with really

madhair60

just end superhero movies permanently, couldn't care less if the fans are upset. let them writhe

bgmnts

Suicide Squad: The Definition of Insanity.

Custard

Don't wanna be that boring bastard, but it's a slow day. Theres already been a decent Suicide Squad film, and that's the animated Assault On Arkham

I just read that back in George Martin's voice from Big Train

MojoJojo

So hang on, is DCs plan just to remake all their shit films with "The" tacked on the front in the hope everyone forgets the shit one.

Looking forward to "The Zack Snyder's Justice League".

Mister Six

Quote from: druss on March 28, 2021, 05:01:04 PM
I just went and watched bot GOTG trailers with the idea of coming back and saying "Look how shit these looked, but they ended up great!", but they actually looked good and made me want to watch them again.

So yes, this will probably be shit.

All that shows is that the trailers to GOTG were good. It's not even DC or Marvel that makes these trailers, there are dedicated companies that do it. You can't really tell anything about a film from its trailer other than how specific shots look (and even then, they might still be tweaked in post before it screens).

Classic CaB response from most here though. Well done everyone.

colacentral

It looks exactly the same as GotG. If you liked that, you'll like this; if you hated that, you'll hate this.

That said, I'm surprised by the overwhelmingly negative response here, considering that GotG was well received on this forum, if I recall correctly.

Kelvin

Quote from: colacentral on March 30, 2021, 04:34:28 PM
It looks exactly the same as GotG. If you liked that, you'll like this; if you hated that, you'll hate this.

That said, I'm surprised by the overwhelmingly negative response here, considering that GotG was well received on this forum, if I recall correctly.

As I mentioned upthread, I dont like GotG 1 & 2 at all - they're emotionally manipulative  rubbish - but they are both visually striking by the standards of the MCU (and modern genre films in general), and led by a likeable central cast.

This SS trailer makes the film look hideous, and its cast, obnoxious. I certainly dont think it helps that it showed so many characters, and they all just seemed like juvenile idiots.

Custard

I can't hear that Dirty Work tune anymore without hearing Tony Soprano singing it

Kelvin, where oh where is your Zach Snyder's Justice League review?! Put 4 hours aside, man!

colacentral

Quote from: Kelvin on March 30, 2021, 05:53:44 PM
As I mentioned upthread, I dont like GotG 1 & 2 at all - they're emotionally manipulative  rubbish - but they are both visually striking by the standards of the MCU (and modern genre films in general), and led by a likeable central cast.

This SS trailer makes the film look hideous, and its cast, obnoxious. I certainly dont think it helps that it showed so many characters, and they all just seemed like juvenile idiots.

I would put money on the trailer being misdirection and the majority of the cast dying in the first ten minutes. I'm assuming that Idris Elba and John Cena's interplay will be the heart of the film.

As you say, the two GotG films have a lot of schmaltzy emotion (I'm with you on the first film, but the second one worked for me). I don't see that changing here. As Mister Six said, the name Ratcatcher 2 is a bit of a clue that there'll be a tearjerker back story there.

It will be GotG meets Deadpool, and received as well as those (or as badly, if you hated them).

I see what you mean about the visuals as compared to GotG, but that's at least partly intentional, surely - the costumes are clear piss takes of their comic book designs. GotG went for a corny Flash Gordon look but had the benefit of taking place on alien planets, so not looking as garish as this does.

Custard

I can't see this happening before this version of Suicide Squad comes out, but David Ayer is still pushing for a release for his version of the first film

https://screenrant.com/suicide-squad-directors-cut-david-ayer-future-hope/

Goldentony

why would they not serialise all these stupid shit weird ideas theyve had to cut out into something like a Bizarro TV series and reshoot god knows what else amount it and new episodes free of or including footage and finally give us what we want which is Superman and Beppo

Kelvin

Quote from: Shameless Custard on March 30, 2021, 05:59:01 PM
I can't hear that Dirty Work tune anymore without hearing Tony Soprano singing it

Kelvin, where oh where is your Zach Snyder's Justice League review?! Put 4 hours aside, man!

Its not available to watch anywhere in uk, is it? And i dont understand all the newfangled other options.

Bad Ambassador

It's exclusive to Sky Cinema and NOW TV.

Kelvin

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on March 31, 2021, 08:34:53 AM
It's exclusive to Sky Cinema and NOW TV.

Oh, bugger, I heard that, then forgot about it. I'll try and watch it this bank holiday. Thanks for the info.

Custard

And it's free with BitTorrent!

Glebe

Magnum Valentino

I know what I said earlier about not judging this based on its trailer, but based on the one word strapline of "BOOM." on one of those posters, this film can indeed fuck off.

mothman

I read that Stallone is voicing the shark man, is that true? And if so why no name on the poster?

Magnum Valentino

They look fan made, maybe at the stage they were put together that hadn't come out.

BritishHobo

That trailer has made me a bit more optimistic about it. I love a Peter Capaldi speech.

VelourSpirit

Quote from: BritishHobo on April 02, 2021, 11:56:16 PM
That trailer has made me a bit more optimistic about it. I love a Peter Capaldi speech.
Lends it a lot of gravitas. Much better trailer, should have just led with that one

Mister Six

That's how trailers work now, though, isn't it? We've had the comedy trailer, now the gravitas/mood trailer. Next probably the action trailer and then the plot trailer, and then one last combined comedy/action/plot trailer closer to the actual date.

bakabaka

With Arm-Fall-Off Boy being renamed TDK, I can't help but feel that the character was written to be played by Alan TuDyK.[nb]but really pleased that AFOB is finally getting his chance at the big screen[/nb]

phantom_power

Played by Nathan Fillion as well, who deserves another shot at the big screen

James Gunn hasn't done me wrong so far so I will hold fire on the criticism until I have seen the film

Jerzy Bondov

Quote from: phantom_power on April 06, 2021, 09:56:30 AM
Played by Nathan Fillion as well, who deserves another shot at the big screen
I heard he's an arsehole unfortunately

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

He misheard "Castle" and decided to go all method.