Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 01:18:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Batman (2021)

Started by VelourSpirit, August 23, 2020, 04:29:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Culture Bunker

I did wonder if they've given yer man the daft haircut to stop him looking too attractive?

And agree re casting Farrell (who I think is a good actor) then just spattering a load of make up on him. Then again, de Vito was such a great Penguin (obviously helped by his physical shape) that I'm not sure anybody else could get close to that level anyways.

Glebe

Christopher Nolan on Tackling Batman Before Superhero Films Became 'Engines of Commerce'.

Quote"It was the right moment in time for the telling of the story I wanted to do," Nolan said. "The origin story for Batman had never been addressed in film or fully in the comics. There wasn't a particular or exact thing we had to follow. There was a gap in movie history. Superman had a very definitive telling with Christopher Reeve and Richard Donner. The version of that with Batman had never been told. We were looking at this telling of an extraordinary figure in an ordinary world."

"The other advantage we had was back then you could take more time between sequels," Nolan added. "When we did 'Batman Begins,' we didn't know we'd do one and it took three years to do it and then four years before the next one. We had the luxury of time. It didn't feel like a machine, an engine of commerce for the studio. As the genre becomes so successful, those pressures become greater and greater. It was the right time."

But, like, superhero movies have been an 'engine of commerce' for a long time.

I presume he means the bit between Bruce's parents being shot and him being actually Batman.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Mister Six on September 01, 2020, 03:50:55 AM
This bit in Suicide Squad says it all:

So the Joker spent an hour meticulously laying out all those daggers and guns so he could have a good old writhe and a chuckle while looking cool from above for an audience that doesn't exist.

Either no attention is being paid to any kind of psychological plausibility, or Leto's Joker is the kind of poser who'd do that kind of thing.

Then again, he has "DAMAGED" tattooed on his head.

SHITE.
I'm very reluctant to defend what was a shit movie which made minimal sense throughout, but it does seem to be sort of copied from legitimate psychiatric stuff:

JaDanketies

That picture above is a load of stuff that was removed from a psychiatric patient that liked to eat metal objects, and it was displayed like that after she died on the operating table; the patient herself never displayed the objects like that. Jared Leto is a shit joker confirmed

magval

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on November 24, 2020, 11:12:09 AM
I presume he means the bit between Bruce's parents being shot and him being actually Batman.

Oh aye, Year One and the Man Who Falls and tons of other stuff, some of which was actually reprinted in the book that came with my copy of Batman Begins on DVD.

Silly thing to say.

Custard

Apparently this has finally wrapped shooting, and is on course for the planned release later this year

Though still the usual online sources and YouTube channels are saying it was a really difficult shoot, with Matt Reeves vowing never to work with Pattinson again

Also there's a funny though possibly totally made up rumour that Pattinson and Zoe Kravitz were caught shagging on top of the batmobile, and she's now preggers. Reeves caught them, and basically called Pattinson the biggest cunt he's ever known. Hope it's true, as it's funny

popcorn

Imagine shagging on top of the Batmobile. The ultimate fantasy.

El Unicornio, mang

And Zoe Kravitz (possibly in her Catwoman attire) to boot. The stuff dreams are made of.

Kelvin

It's helpful that the only people involved were the three people anyone has heard of.

chveik

i doubt it's very comfortable.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Hello Mister Tony Batman

Chedney Honks

Another batman film is unnecessary.

Custard

Apparently Pattinson and Reeves failed to hit it off or even get on as Pats wasn't Reeves' choice as Batman. He pushed for Nicolas Hoult, but the studio wanted Pats

TOTALY AWWWWKWARRRD

Bazooka

Quote from: Chedney Honks on March 20, 2021, 06:00:36 PM
Another batman film is unnecessary.

Yeah but this one shows the scene where he eats the bat and gets his power of wealth.

Custard

I reckon they should stop at 100 Batman films, and then do a worldwide poll to decide the best Batman film of all the Batmen films. Then delete the other 99

Glebe

Quote from: Bazooka on March 20, 2021, 06:06:00 PMYeah but this one shows the scene where he eats the bat and gets his power of wealth.

I thought it was The Spiders-Man that eat a bat and get powers of spider?

Custard

Plus we can mock all we like, and we will, but you just know this stuff will go on forever. We'll all be 200 years dead, and here comes the 37th solo Batgirl trilogy

By then it'll be beamed without prior warning, directly into your eyeholes. A bit like U2 on iTunes that time

Butchers Blind

Its another brooding, dark take on BatMan, why not go back and do another funny one like in the 60's?  Which was the best BatMan film, a fact we can all agree on.

Spiteface

Quote from: Butchers Blind on March 20, 2021, 10:09:59 PM
Its another brooding, dark take on BatMan, why not go back and do another funny one like in the 60's?  Which was the best BatMan film, a fact we can all agree on.

I'll take it over either Tim Burton Bat-films.

At the very least, whoever plays Joker next (I would assume Leto wouldn't be part of this iteration of Batman), I don't want a dark "gritty" portrayal like Ledger, Phoenix etc, I want total, full-on Cesar Romero, down to the white facepaint over the moustache.

samadriel

idunnosomename

Mister Six

Quote from: Bazooka on March 20, 2021, 06:06:00 PM
Yeah but this one shows the scene where he eats the bat and gets his power of wealth.

Given what the pandemic has done for tech bros, this could almost be a documentary.

Butchers Blind

I see the definitive article is being used in the title and I hope he insists on it being used
"Ah, Batman we believe this is another message from...."
"I think you'll find its The Batman actually, Gordon".

Spiteface

I think you'll find his full name is THE GODDAMN BATMAN:

St_Eddie

Blumf

Quote from: Spiteface on March 21, 2021, 01:39:30 PM
I think you'll find his full name is THE GODDAMN BATMAN:

Sssssh! You're spoiling the reveal of the sequel's title.

mothman

No, it'll be JOHN BATMAN. Or maybe JASON BATMAN. Or BATMAN BALBOA. Or... ooh... BATMEN.