Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,187
  • Total Topics: 106,349
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:42:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Batman (2021)

Started by VelourSpirit, August 23, 2020, 04:29:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mothman

Quote from: lipsink on March 23, 2021, 01:20:36 PM
SHE'S TURNED THE BRUCE WAYNES AGAINST US
Quote from: Mister Six on March 23, 2021, 02:26:55 PM
Ha, that's brilliant.

Concur.

BATMAN ON FIRE
BATMAN BITES DOG
INTO THE BATMANVERSE

Midas

Batman Begins,
Batman's Binge.

The Batman
Planet of the Batman
Beneath the Planet of the Batman
Escape from the Planet of the Batman
Conquest of the Planet of the Batman
Battle for the Planet of the Batman

Bath Mat Begins

mothman

Blumf

elliszeroed

New trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqqft2x_Aa4&feature=youtu.be

Looks fucking boring.

Update: Who is this for? The question mark in the coffee cup?? What does that mean? An inpending threat to Gotham? No idea. This trailer has managed to kill my interest in this film.

ProvanFan

Can't wait to see him up the necropolis with a bottle of bucky doing rap battles

Lord Mandrake

Quote from: elliszeroed on October 16, 2021, 11:07:05 PM
New trailer:

The question mark in the coffee cup??
The Riddler is presumably moonlighting as a barista.The question mark is also sideways from his perspective in that shot, he did it for the camera? What a shit thing.

Butchers Blind

Will he try and get rid of bomb in this one like in two previous films?

Jerzy Bondov

Looks good to me, dark and grungy, kind of closer to Batman Begins than Nolan's other two. Can't think of an upcoming comic film I'm more interested to see. Maybe Raimi's Doctor Strange. Oh and new Blade or Fantastic 4 but they're way off. What else have DC got coming along? A load of old shit. No, hope this is really good.

Shit Good Nose

I think it looks okay from that and I might actually see it.  I've completely bailed on the Marvel and DC universes I'm that sick to death of them (wall-to-wall skyfights, so many big CGI battles you can't figure out what the fuck is going on, that endless schticky dialogue, etc etc), so a stand-alone film with (presumably) zero links to the rest of that twaddle suits me fine.

EDIT - as Jerzy says above, more grounded.

Glebe

Love the Blade Runner look of that first shot. Preferred the mysteriousness of the teaser, but then I guess most trailers give the whole bloody film away so can't complain about this. Still have high hopes. Don't smash my dreams Matt Reeves!

Oh yeah, coupla new posters:

Blumf

Quote from: elliszeroed on October 16, 2021, 11:07:05 PM
New trailer:

Is it my imagination or is the music at the end the The Imperial March from Star Wars, but missing every other note?

popcorn

sinister barista

the Puzzler

mothman

Quote from: Blumf on October 17, 2021, 01:02:21 AM
Is it my imagination or is the music at the end the The Imperial March from Star Wars, but missing every other note?

Nope, you're not imagining it.

Colin Farrell seems to be having a career renaissance all of a sudden...

Mister Six

Oh, a grimdark Batman film. Golly, what a novelty.

Cast looks good and Catwoman is gorgeous, but the monochromatic palette (or stereochromatic, I suppose, since we get to watch all-orange scenes or all-teal scenes) makes it look utterly repellant, even when there's a bit of nice framing or lighting. A murky, smudgy dirge that repels me even though I liked Reeves' Apes films a lot.

Quite like the Batmobile, mind you.

Can we have a colourful, fun Batman film next, please? Grant Morrison's Batman run showed you could do weird, fucked-up shit while retaining a sense of humour and letting the characters be a bit larger than life. Bruce Wayne's a serious guy, but that doesn't mean every film has to look like it was shot through a dirty fishtank on an overcast day in Doncaster.

chveik

i thought the catwoman character was supposed to be fun to counter-act the over seriousness of that batman fella.

Goldentony

if the coffee thing isnt just especially for the trailer I will powerfuck my dads arse

edit: also there's a Puzzler in th 66 series but he's SHITE and I think they got him in because they didnt want Astin twice or to pay Frank Gorshin

Magnum Valentino

Aye I thought the coffee question was just for the trailer as well, but then I thought the same thing about Joker's circle of knives and that ended up in Suicide Squad.

What was the last shot from a trailer that didn't appear in the film. Predators had that one where Adrien Brody had hundred of laser sights on him, and in the film it was either one or just a few.

Replies From View

kalowski

Why does it say "To The Palmcal"

Replies From View

Quote from: kalowski on October 17, 2021, 09:17:50 AM
Why does it say "To The Palmcal"

Just hard to sculpt Fimo innit.  Gotta credit them for trying.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Lord Mandrake

Quote from: Magnum Valentino on October 17, 2021, 08:13:46 AM
Aye I thought the coffee question was just for the trailer as well, but then I thought the same thing about Joker's circle of knives and that ended up in Suicide Squad.

What was the last shot from a trailer that didn't appear in the film. Predators had that one where Adrien Brody had hundred of laser sights on him, and in the film it was either one or just a few.

The Hulk was in the Wakanda battle in the Infinity war trailer - a purposeful misdirect and Rouge One had that nice shot of a tie fighter rising up to the walkway of the telecom tower.

Small Man Big Horse

Eh, it's not what I want from a Batman film, but then I'm still hoping for something akin to him being the world's greatest detective and something which isn't dark and miserable and stupidly violent.

Also, one of the things I liked about Batman was that he was human, he didn't have superhero powers, but that trailer appeared to have him repeatedly shot (including by a fuck load of machine guns, unless they somehow all missed him) and blown up over and over again but he still wanders about without a care in the world, which just irritates the fuck out of me.

Replies From View

Agreed, he's not the Terminator / Robocop.  Focus on what makes your hero unique or there's no point.

I watched the first Captain America film this week and it just feels like everything has gone the same, to be honest.

Replies From View

Ja'moke

Looks good to me based on the trailer. I don't watch any superhero films/TV shows these days; no issue with people that enjoy them, but I just became numb to them a few years back. So I don't know if that makes me more excited for this, an absence makes the heart grow fonder kind of thing. Or it's maybe just because I liked the Nolan Batman films and this reminds me of them, plus it has a stellar cast.

Also, I like the idea of The Riddler as a Zodiac-style serial killer.

mothman

Mister Six

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on October 17, 2021, 10:53:16 AMthat trailer appeared to have him repeatedly shot (including by a fuck load of machine guns, unless they somehow all missed him) and blown up over and over again but he still wanders about without a care in the world

Oh yeah, I forgot to moan about that. That's one of the main reasons I didn't like John Wick 2. If your protagonist can take a machine gun burst to the chest at point-blank range and not even be a little staggered by the impact, much less riddled with bullets, due to some bullshit magical clothing, how can you be invested in anything that happens? It's like watching someone else play a video game with god mode on.

And I don't like The Riddler as a serial killer either. The best use they ever found for him in the comics was "rehabilitating" him and turning him into a showboating, narcissistic rival detective who's driven by a desire to prove how much smarter he is than Batman. The Riddler as a borderline sociopathic anti-hero is a lot more fun than The Riddler as a criminal who deliberately leaves a trail of clues behind, or (I'll wager) The Riddler as a live-streaming serail killer.

popcorn

Quote from: Mister Six on October 17, 2021, 04:13:01 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot to moan about that. That's one of the main reasons I didn't like John Wick 2. If your protagonist can take a machine gun burst to the chest at point-blank range and not even be a little staggered by the impact, much less riddled with bullets, due to some bullshit magical clothing, how can you be invested in anything that happens? It's like watching someone else play a video game with god mode on.

Batman might be impervious to bullets but is he impervious to the Puzzler's puzzles?

?