Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 01:02:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Batman (2021)

Started by VelourSpirit, August 23, 2020, 04:29:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shit Good Nose

colacentral

That "I'm vengeance" line can fuck right off, deary me.

I think this looks like a good blend of "grounded" Batman with more of a fun comic book feel. The Arkham games are the gold standard for walking that line in a non-comic book medium, and this film so far looks like it could exist in that sort of universe. Batman Begins sort of did too, and it's why I like that one best out of the Nolan films. I wish they'd stuck more with that feel rather than the sixth former writes Heat style they went with next.

Custard

I think it looks great. I am admittedly a massive fan of the Nolan films, so I'm glad this seems to be going for a similar feel and tone

Though I feel a swerve could be coming, as people dressed as
Spoiler alert
Wonder Woman and Supes
[close]
were seen on set last year.
Spoiler alert
Meaning they potentially exist in this world. Which if true obviously means it'll be more fantastical than Nolan's films were. Unless they exist as comic book characters and the actors were cosplaying. But that'd be a bit too weird and confusing
[close]

Custard

Quote from: lipsink on October 18, 2021, 11:10:50 AM
They'll find a way to put Phoenix's Joker into this world for the sequel if this is a success. They'll make out that the first Joker film set in the 80s was all in Arthur Fleck's head.

I absolutely believe this'll happen too. Looks like he'd fit well, and they already know Phoenix's version is a winner. It'd be mad not to try to do that. Plus it takes the pressure off them trying to do a Joker sequel. At least for now

Glebe

Yeah there are a couple of shots there that are quite similar to scenes from the Nolan movies (also
Spoiler alert
The Riddler deliberately letting himself get captured like the Joker in TDK
[close]
), but that hasn't put me off.

THE BATMAN (2022) | A Look Inside Featurette (DC FanDome).

Also New Rockstars breakdown if you're arsed... points out the Imperial March theme similarity!

Quote from: lipsink on October 18, 2021, 11:10:50 AMThey'll find a way to put Phoenix's Joker into this world for the sequel if this is a success. They'll make out that the first Joker film set in the 80s was all in Arthur Fleck's head.

Breakdown posted above points out that
Spoiler alert
Riddler is being held in Arkham State Hospital, which appears in Joker
[close]
. Not saying that that means anything... is it entirely inconceivable that an older Fleck Joker could appear in a sequel? Hmmm.

Quote from: Replies From View on October 18, 2021, 03:58:48 PMIdeally, I would like Batman to be as follows:

The blokes in that suit are probably thinking "This makes a change from Dobbin on Rentaghost!"

Replies From View

I don't know if you're joking or referencing, but the two guys inside the Myrka costume were the operators of Dobbin on Rentaghost.

Glebe

Quote from: Replies From View on October 19, 2021, 06:24:36 PMI don't know if you're joking or referencing, but the two guys inside the Myrka costume were the operators of Dobbin on Rentaghost.

I am indeed referencing! Dunno were I read that. It certainly has Dobbin's gait!

Head Gardener

Lord Mandrake

Quote from: Shameless Custard on October 19, 2021, 12:17:15 PM
I absolutely believe this'll happen too. Looks like he'd fit well, and they already know Phoenix's version is a winner. It'd be mad not to try to do that. Plus it takes the pressure off them trying to do a Joker sequel. At least for now

Of course they want to do that but Phoenix may just be savvy/mad/awkward enough to just refuse however much bunce they throw at him.

Glebe

THE BATMAN - The Bat and The Cat Trailer.

Probably spoiling this for myself but I'm a sucker for trailers.

elliszeroed

I hope it's good, but Bruce Wayne looks far too emo and not enough billionaire trust fund kid.

Crenners

Blumf

samadriel

Mister Six

Quote from: Glebe on December 28, 2021, 07:22:59 PMTHE BATMAN - The Bat and The Cat Trailer.

Probably spoiling this for myself but I'm a sucker for trailers.

Pattinson is a good actor, but he looks like he's trying to hold in a massive shit throughout all of this.

Forgot about the magical armour that can stop machine gun fire at point blank range, but it's killed my interest all over again. That plus all the smeary, blurry cinematography.

Catwoman is really, really pretty though. So that's nice, I suppose.

Dr Rock

I genuinely think this will be the best The Batman film ever.

Kelvin

Bit worried about the number of characters they seem to be squeezing in; Selina, Penguin, the police chief, Riddler, and allegedly now Joker.

Loving Batman at The Terminator, though.

Custard

Apparently Matt Reeves told Christopher Nolan that all he wants to do is make a better Batman film than him and everyone else. Gotta admire the ambition. And front

This'll be good, I reckon

Mister Six

Quote from: Kelvin on December 29, 2021, 08:38:22 AMBit worried about the number of characters they seem to be squeezing in; Selina, Penguin, the police chief, Riddler, and allegedly now Joker.

I dunno, Jim Gordon in a supporting expositionary role and Penguin as a first-act baddie to show how 'ard Batman is when he takes him down frees up the rest of the runtime (probably two and a half hours total, given how things are these days) for the rest of the film.

Butchers Blind

Quote from: Mister Six on December 29, 2021, 04:15:30 PMI dunno, Jim Gordon in a supporting expositionary role and Penguin as a first-act baddie to show how 'ard Batman is when he takes him down frees up the rest of the runtime (probably two and a half hours total, given how things are these days) for the rest of the film.

Yeah, hopes its about the first 20 minutes of BatMan action then 2 hours of Bruce Waine attending board meetings and working through financial forecasts.

mjwilson

Quote from: Custard on December 29, 2021, 01:34:38 PMApparently Matt Reeves told Christopher Nolan that all he wants to do is make a better Batman film than him and everyone else

Spoken like a man who hasn't seen Lego Batman.

Glebe

Quote from: Kelvin on December 29, 2021, 08:38:22 AMBit worried about the number of characters they seem to be squeezing in; Selina, Penguin, the police chief, Riddler, and allegedly now Joker.

Hmmm, yeah...

'The Batman': Warner Bros. Reportedly Testing Two Cuts of the Film, Including One With a Big DC Character.

QuoteLast month, the Internet went a little crazy about Barry Keoghan maybe, maybe not, playing the Joker in Matt Reeves's upcoming The Batman. Don't look to us for answers on that one. But we can tell you this: Multiple sources tell us that Warner Bros. has been testing two different cuts of "The Batman," one with a certain actor, one without. And the final test screening occurred last week, with the decision now made as to which version the studio likes, says one source.

THE BATMAN TRAILER BREAKDOWN! Joker Cameo & Details You Missed!

Looks like Bruce Wayne with a girlfriend doing a big smile rather than the Joker to me.

Glebe

A Detective Story: To Understand Matt Reeves and The Batman, Look to the 1970s.

Pretty good article that.

Robert Pattinson's 'The Batman' Runs Nearly 3 Hours With Credits.

QuoteMatt Reeves' new The Batman movie runs two hours and 55 minutes. The hefty running time includes about eight minutes of credits, insiders at Warner Bros. confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter on Thursday.

There's a lot of bloated superhero movies that could do with a bit of editing out there, but this does look good and there's a quite a lot of characters to squeeze in so I don't mind if it's a bum-nummer!

That's ridiculous without an intermission. Genuinely unhealthy to expect people to sit for three hours without a break.

Replies From View

Cinemas allowed patrons to piss into hot water bottles during Schindler's List, out of respect.

SteveDave

Christ alive. Batman as Kurt Cobain.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

But Batman doesn't use guns.

beanheadmcginty

"Holey rock star skulls Batman"

Feel like they should rename this to "A batman", as it feels a bit dismissive to all the great actors who have taken on the role in the past.