Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:42:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cheaper ways of subscribing to different streaming services.

Started by holyzombiejesus, August 25, 2020, 03:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holyzombiejesus

Currently paying 8 for Prime, 6 for Netflix and 11 for Now Film. Is there a cheaper way of doing this? What are these boxes that people talk about (genuinely forgotten what they're called)? Sorry to come over all Martin Lewis.

Fr.Bigley

Steal them from family, if you don't have one..rent a family. cancel anytime. 7.99 a month.

beanheadmcginty

Whenever your Now TV renewal comes up, just attempt to cancel your subscription. They will immediately offer you a cheaper deal. I do it every time and have never paid more than 3 quid a month

Sebastian Cobb

If you went to university or work at one and they give you an email for life, you can probably sign up as a student, most just check for a uni email address.

Gutted I stopped logging into mine and it eventually got pruned.

Do you have kids who have left home and already use these services? One of you could upgrade to a family account and transfer a cut.

olliebean

Would love to get Netflix cheaper as it's gone up from 6 quid to 9 quid in the last 4 years, which is well above inflation. Now TV has done the same, and is about to go up an extra quid I see.

I guess one thing you could do is alternate between two or three of these in different months, so you might get to see some things a month or two later but you're only paying for one thing at a time.

holyzombiejesus

I just did the cancel/ get a cheaper deal from Now Cinema. That was good, down to about 6 a month for a year.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: evilcommiedictator on August 26, 2020, 01:26:35 AM
yarrrrr

This is my stance on some services. Comcast is a big faceless corporation, which makes it OK.

I realise it isn't really up for me to pick and choose but fuck that, underdogs like mubi/bfi can get my cash, Comcast can piss up a rope, they're just fragmenting things by entering into bidding wars with other big dogs like Disney and Netters.

20 quid to watch mulan, get fucked lol.

peanutbutter

I pay for Mubi and rarely use it, I own shares in Disney and will never not pirate their shit.

At this moment in time, paying for more subscriptions just encourages the further fracturing of subscription services. We're probably not too far off from record companies trying to break off their own streaming services.