Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:40:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Team America OST

Started by aboutlastnight, May 30, 2005, 09:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Has anyone got this? From looking at the track listing, am I right that only the 'songs' are on it? I actually wanted to get it for the incidental music as well... are there 2 versions out? One with just songs, and one with everything on?
Looking at HMV.co.uk, there appear tp be 2 versions:

http://www1.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/simpleSearch.do?pGroupID=1&simpleSearchString=Team+America&primaryID=1&btnSearchGo.x=1&btnSearchGo.y=6

One's more expensive than the other, yet annoyingly, there is no track listing on it. Anyone know if there are 2 versions?

RHX

The second version on the site appears to be just the American import version. HMV seem to enjoy charging over the odds for import CDs.

There is some incidental music on there, but it's mainly just the songs from the film, which isn't at all bad - Matt and Trey are very good at comic musicals.

Actually, reading the tracklist, it seems that it's half and half - I haven't listened to my copy in a while, I should find it.

Mister Cairo

Quote from: "RHX"
There is some incidental music on there, but it's mainly just the songs from the film, which isn't at all bad - Matt and Trey are very good at comic musicals

Agreed-in particular Freedom Isn`t Free-which sounds like the kind of song Fox would play over images of soliders going to Iraq.

Shame the "Dicks, Pussies and Fags" dialogue isn`t included-as far as I can tell, anywa.

A Passing Turk Slipper

Nice to see the montage song being reused, that South Park in Aspen episode is probably among the funniest tv shows I've ever seen.

chand

Just looking at the tracklisting on it, seems to have all the songs, except the one about Pearl Harbour?

The songs are probably the best thing about the film, the two versions of 'America, Fuck Yeah!' got me of the biggest laughs out of me, and I even laughed at 'Montage' despite it being shamelessly lifted from an episode of South Park.

Robot Devil

Changing the subject slightly, but has anyone heard "Chef Aid"? There's a fantastic Devo track - Huboon Stomp - on it, Primus' Mephesto and Kevin, DVDA (Matt and Trey's band) doing a song with Perry Farrell, and some other good tracks.

A Passing Turk Slipper

Yeah, there's a load of great tracks there. It's a Rocking World is one of the best tracks Joe Strummer did since his Clash days, and Brad Logan is my favourite Rancid song by far.

wheatgod

Quote from: "chand"Just looking at the tracklisting on it, seems to have all the songs, except the one about Pearl Harbour?

"End of an Act" is the Pearl Harbour song, and its ace.
Heard the soundtrack before I saw the film, its great in isolation.

Morrisfan82

I have extreme difficulty not bursting out with laughter every time I hear Trey Parker doing his singing voice. I don't know what it is, it's something in the way he totally deforms all the words by putting a ridiculous amount of pseudo-emotion into them.

Ones that reduce me to a convulsing wreck in particular are the sub-Flight Of The Navigator song from Starvin Marvin In Space, and the Chinpokomon theme (incorporating Alabama Man).

A Passing Turk Slipper

I know exactly what you mean about his voice. It really is absolutely hilarious, I like it when he sings words that don't really fit in the tune, like when he says the 'suck my balls' line in America, Fuck Yeah! and he has to say it really quickly so he can fit it in before the chorus. The fake emotion he puts into the songs is just great.

Identity Crisis Ahoy!

Agreed! This is a good soundtrack. Didn't notice there was no Pearl Harbour song, which is a shame because that's an awesome song.

The slow America, Fuck Yeah! is classic.

DuncanC

Aw man, the montage song was recycled? It was one of the few things I really liked.

wheatgod

Quote from: "Identity Crisis Ahoy!"Agreed! This is a good soundtrack. Didn't notice there was no Pearl Harbour song, which is a shame because that's an awesome song.

The slow America, Fuck Yeah! is classic.

There is the Pearl Harbour song, its called "End of an Act"
Am I invisible?  (checks family photo)

Quote from: "wheatgod"Am I invisible?

Did anyone else hear that too? Sounded like a voice coming from somewhere...

I now have the album. It has incidental music too. I can now sleep at night.

chand

Quote from: "wheatgod"
Quote from: "chand"Just looking at the tracklisting on it, seems to have all the songs, except the one about Pearl Harbour?

"End of an Act" is the Pearl Harbour song, and its ace.

Ah, that's the only one on amazon with no soundclip, cheers. It's a great song, the world wasn't desperate for a song saying 'Pearl Harbour' was shite, but it's so well done it had me laughing throughout.

wheatgod

Yes, you expect the reference to Pearl Harbour to be just a flippant one-off, but it ends up dominating the song. Rocket stuff.

Marty McFly

Quote from: "Muteki"I have extreme difficulty not bursting out with laughter every time I hear Trey Parker doing his singing voice. I don't know what it is, it's something in the way he totally deforms all the words by putting a ridiculous amount of pseudo-emotion into them.

Ones that reduce me to a convulsing wreck in particular are the sub-Flight Of The Navigator song from Starvin Marvin In Space, and the Chinpokomon theme (incorporating Alabama Man).

resurrecting old threads is fun.

have you heard "now you're a man" by DVDA, matt and trey's 'band', if you didn't know. it's the theme tune of  'orgazmo'.. i've also got a cracking live version of it. i believe the song also played over the credits of an episode of south park.

now you're a man! man man man!

"warts on your dick" by DVDA is great too, shame there hasn't been a 'studio' release of it, it's only on the 'baseketball' dvd as part of the film, complete with some annoying noises over the top. hey ho.

NoSleep

Mr Colossal

Quote from: "Marty McFly"

resurrecting old threads is fun.

have you heard "now you're a man" by DVDA.

'What makes a man, is it the woman is his arms- just 'cos she has big titties? Or is the way, he fights every day.... No its probably the titties'

Is one of the greatest lines, ever.  Live it!

Marty McFly

cheers for that link, that's the bootleg my live mp3 of NYAM came from. not heard the whole show though, so thanks :)

and how could i forget "what would brian boitano do?" ?!

jeffjeff

For me the best part of America, Fuck Yeah is at the end where he sounds so desperate and goes "Sportmanship............books?!"

Suttonpubcrawl

The reaction to "Bed, Bath & Beyond!" is rather amusing too.

edit: what am I doing? The whole thing is great, it just works as a whole.

Godzilla Bankrolls

Has anyone ever put together a compilation of the songs from South Park episodes? I have soft spots for the Crab People theme and the Tobacco Workers Song.

NoSleep

Quote from: "Muteki"I have extreme difficulty not bursting out with laughter every time I hear Trey Parker doing his singing voice. I don't know what it is, it's something in the way he totally deforms all the words by putting a ridiculous amount of pseudo-emotion into them.
The 'That's My Bush' (and the 'That's My Dick' one-off) theme song does it for me. Oh, and the Conjoined Foetus Woman song.

bill hicks

A posting on the awesome South Park Studios production blog the other week had someone inform the world that whenever Parker goes into the studio to sing the songs he always does it in character...an image that fills me with joy and wishes they put a camera there so we could all enjoy it.

It is a really good album and gives me wonderful memories of when the film was on release waiting for the screenings to finish so I could helpfully hold the door open for the customers to exit as the credits rolled. Having 'America, Fuck Yeah!' play loudly for a crowd of youngsters waiting to go into some Disney rubbish was always satisfying

Horny Womble

I bought this just for the Aids song.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

That concert video is ace. Have DVDA ever gone on tour? I'd love to see them play live, but I guess they'd be too busy with South Park to come to Britain. Even so, imagine if they supported Spinal Tap.