Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,493
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 05:38:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Album Years Podcast

Started by justin_bennett, August 27, 2020, 09:15:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justin_bennett

OK, so we all know that Chart Music is the greatest podcast ever to have graced the planet, but I recently got pointed in the direction of The Album Years, featuring Steven Wilson & Tim Bowness discussing albums released in specific years (first episode = 1980). 

Think of it as a more succinct, more serious big brother to Al & the gang.  With much less swearing and few (if any) laughs.

Maybe a bit harsh, but an interesting listen nonetheless.  A hint of prog throughout but it's turned me onto a few things that I never bothered listening to at the time, or ever, and hasn't annoyed me yet.

It'll keep things ticking over till the next CMP anyway.

Brundle-Fly

Like No Man so will check this out over the weekend. Ta.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: justin_bennett on August 27, 2020, 09:15:19 PM
Maybe a bit harsh

I doubt for one second it is - Wilson has a bit of rep for being even more of a humourless grump than Robert Fripp, which is going some (although Fripp has REALLY mellowed in the last 10 to 15 years), and Bowness ain't exactly Doctor Giggles either.

But I'm a big fan of Wilson and Porcupine Tree (less so of No-Man) and I know his taste in music is largely similar to mine, plus his remastering and remixing work on albums by King Crimson, Yes and Gentle Giant has been absolutely stellar.  So I shall certainly be giving this a listen. 

Cheers for the heads up.

Cursus

Thanks for starting a thread about this. I've enjoyed the episodes I've listened to so far.