Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 01:16:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What The Crap Is Up With My New External HD Which I Only Want To Burn Audio CDs?

Started by Dr Rock, August 28, 2020, 10:33:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Rock

So I bought this Hitachi-LG GP60NB60 External DVD Drive USB 2.0 Slim Portable DVD-RW CD ROM Rewriter for Laptop Desktop PC Windows and Mac OS with TV Connectivity - Black  so I could burn CDs for my car. The first 7 or 8 worked fine. Then not so fine, I was told it could not be burnt, error messages saying medium write error and suggestions to try another brand of CD-Rs. I'm using Verbatim which are pretty good, and crucially worked fine the first 8 times.

I've tried to burn a cd via various other free Mac burning software, but the story is the same.

Is it that the Hitachi-LG GP60NB60 External DVD Drive USB 2.0 Slim Portable DVD-RW CD ROM Rewriter for Laptop Desktop PC Windows and Mac OS with TV Connectivity - Black is at fault here? Should I seek a replacement or refund before it's too late? Or do any of you hackers and tech-savvy bunch have any suggestions?

Thanks xxxx

Cold Meat Platter

have you tried burning one at a lower speed? Or is it just a flat nope to any activity at all?

Should be in the tech forum btw

Dr Rock

I thought this was the tech forum.

Yes, I've tried recording at a lower speed. I'm just gonna get my money back.

ASFTSN

Tech forum is the PC Gone Made child board accessible from the front page.

Neomod

Quote from: Dr Rock on August 28, 2020, 10:33:07 AM
Is it that the Hitachi-LG GP60NB60 External DVD Drive USB 2.0 Slim Portable DVD-RW CD ROM Rewriter for Laptop Desktop PC Windows and Mac OS with TV Connectivity - Black is at fault here?

Have you tried shortening the name?