Author Topic: Get back in the cubicle, wage slave!  (Read 8034 times)

chveik

• I feel like swimmin' in rat piss
Re: Get back in the cubicle, wage slave!
« Reply #180 on: September 11, 2020, 11:44:45 PM »
state of that graph

« Reply #181 on: September 12, 2020, 12:09:42 AM »
Please elaborate.

Polymorphia

• Watch thou for the mutant
« Reply #182 on: September 12, 2020, 12:14:39 AM »

And God said to Cain, “Where is your brother Abel?” He said, “I do not know; am I my brother’s keeper?” And the Lord said, “What have you done? Listen; your brother’s blood is crying out to me from the ground! And now you are cursed from the ground, which has opened its mouth to receive your brother’s blood from your hand. When you till the ground, it will no longer yield to you its strength; you will be a fugitive and a wanderer on the earth.”

« Reply #183 on: September 12, 2020, 08:39:29 AM »
Yes, probably the only country in the world who did worse than us!

Don't worry, we're working hard to steal that coveted bottom place. If Covid doesn't get us there, Brexit will.

BlodwynPig

• The Last Living Member of COVID-20
« Reply #184 on: September 12, 2020, 10:54:08 AM »
Lord Sugar on LBC telling people to get back to work. Easy to say that when you have your own office. I presume Sugar doesn't get public transport to work each day.

Sugar ignores that many people are working from home and answering these "questions and answers", whatever they are, remotely.
In other news:

https://www.standard.co.uk/business/lord-sugar-offices-property-covid-a4543551.html

he's braindead, look at the phrase "questions and answers that we have to answer". Answering answers. He's thick as pig shit and I would beat the living crap out of him if I had the chance.

BlodwynPig

• The Last Living Member of COVID-20
« Reply #185 on: September 12, 2020, 10:59:09 AM »
state of that graph

its a very informative graph, similar to the Gartner Hype Cycle graphs

« Reply #186 on: September 22, 2020, 11:18:09 AM »

« Reply #187 on: September 22, 2020, 11:51:59 AM »
This should have always been the policy. I get some people are struggling due to space etc but a lot of people have been dragged into an office when they didn't want to and didn't need to; causing those that need to be there to get ill along with everyone. It is pretty clear that workplaces are not staggering timings either so we still have a rush hour.

Attila

• gif made by hedgehog90
« Reply #188 on: September 22, 2020, 12:53:47 PM »
Super waffly new restrictions in the Guardian now. Apparently the covid adheres to curfews and knows to go after the 16th person attending a wedding.

My university will use the loophole that we are a 'covid safe' campus to keep us open (Mr Attila doesn't believe me,,,but there's to be 'an announcement' following the PM's new dictat from the VC this afternoon). The VC keeps insisting that we are a 'covid-free' and a covid-safe campus -- despite classrooms where you can't open windows, shiny new hand sanitiser boxes that have nothing in them, students already reporting that they have to self-isolate (and we're only 2 days into the semester).

On the plus side, I guess that means at least the trains I have to take will be deserted, if Monday was any indication.

Working & even teaching from home, I have got so much done - no worry about the commute, no 4 hours wasted out of my day on the commute, so much savings...just going to campus Monday, that was four hours eaten out of the day to teach for 45 minutes.

« Reply #189 on: September 22, 2020, 12:55:24 PM »
Go "if you can."

I.e go to work.

« Reply #190 on: September 22, 2020, 01:11:49 PM »

Shoulders?-Stomach!

• Silver Member
  • Mr Moose is up! It's done done done!
    • http://jackanderton.jamendo.net/
« Reply #191 on: September 22, 2020, 02:15:02 PM »
Least surprising U-turn ever

A basic admission it wasn't just young people at raves.

I know we can't hurt Bezos, Zuckerberg etc but it would be great if commercial and residential land barons had to sell some of their properties to make ends meet.

« Reply #192 on: September 22, 2020, 03:25:04 PM »
"Why working from home is antisemitic" writes commercial property landlord, Siralan Sugar, only in your super, soaraway Sun/

« Reply #193 on: September 22, 2020, 03:32:11 PM »
'Work from home if you can'. Sensible and long overdue, and should have always been the case until we're out of the woods.

Captain Z

• CABBALD
« Reply #194 on: September 22, 2020, 03:47:18 PM »
"Why working from home is antisemitic"

Brilliant

Tags: