Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,468
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:10:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Get back in the cubicle, wage slave!

Started by Alberon, August 28, 2020, 11:51:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ASFTSN

Quote from: SpiderChrist on September 02, 2020, 02:02:32 PM
might be supposed to be a play on the word "US"? can't think of any other reason. fucking daily mail cunts, btw.

Tabloids have been using the sort of English grammar in their headlines that they would deride as "poor English" for decades. None of it makes any sense when read in isolation, it's just yammering fucking bilge designed to throw a bolt of hate and fear into your brain. Add in the way weird public school slang gets pushed into common vernacular via politicians ('sexed up', 'frit' etc etc) and you get a bubbling stew of pure nonsense.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 03, 2020, 09:27:48 AM

fucking hell. The marketing drone who crapped that out has been living in a sealed off room watching The Office for the last 20 years. 'THIS IS HOW IT IS...THIS IS ALL THERE IS!!!"

Imagine thinking any of those things are fun.

lol, remember the time I called a customer a cunt and accidentally copied him in and got sacked? Proper bants.

buttgammon

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on September 03, 2020, 09:43:58 AM
Imagine thinking any of those things are fun.

lol, remember the time I called a customer a cunt and accidentally copied him in and got sacked? Proper bants.

It's the sort of thing you'd see as you're grimly shuffling your way onto a tube to a job you hate that'd make you contemplate jumping in front of the train / running away forever.

BlodwynPig

You shuffle
You jostle
You board
You disembark
You sign in
You work
You work
You cubicle sandwich
You work
You work
You get bolloxed
You work
You work
You sign out
You shuffle
You jostle
You board
You disembark
You microwave
You cry
You wake
You shuffle
You jostle
You drop onto tracks...

Sebastian Cobb

Can't wait to get back to the office so I can BCC emails again.

Fucking love a BCC.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 03, 2020, 09:58:34 AM
Can't wait to get back to the office so I can BCC emails again.

HIGH FIVE

LIVIN' THE LIFE

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: GMTV on September 03, 2020, 09:23:18 AM
I get some of you are enjoying the lack of commute, but I can't help but think long term mass WFH will result in worse terms and working patterns than there would be if most folk went back to the office. Will be much easier for them to introduce cunty changes, cut rates, ensure no unions etc. I'm struggling to see it working out better overall for everyone.
I thought the advantage of the commute/office/commute drudge was to sap us of any energy/spirit to actually give a fuck about such things. That might just be my experience, though.

Wet Blanket

Fucking Hell that's really a horrifying insight into the minds of these people that the thought of plastic plants, weird carpets, alarms and wearing ties don't immediately make them want to kill themselves. And they've put 'Receptionists' in the same league: actual human beings! They're experiencing the plastic plants too, mate. Fuck me, it's no wonder they can't understand the appeal of Europe, with their long lunches and general interest in life outside the office.

buttgammon

For some reason, I thought that was an advert for Dettol or something and have only just realised it was put out there by the government...just...fucking hell. I'm never moving back to the UK.

Quote from: buttgammon on September 03, 2020, 10:19:52 AM
For some reason, I thought that was an advert for Dettol or something and have only just realised it was put out there by the government...just...fucking hell. I'm never moving back to the UK.

I thought it was for disinfectant, but I can't seem to find a version of it with the missing half.

Thomas

HuffPost say Dettol.

It reads like a list of 'why I did it' reasons on a suicide note.

Sebastian Cobb

Leaving work early for a cheeky eternity in grave.

buttgammon

Quote from: Thomas on September 03, 2020, 10:28:17 AM
HuffPost say Dettol.

It reads like a list of 'why I did it' reasons on a suicide note.

Oh, so I was right all along! It's bloody hideous whoever was responsible.

Danger Man

Quote from: GMTV on September 03, 2020, 09:23:18 AM
I get some of you are enjoying the lack of commute, but I can't help but think long term mass WFH will result in worse terms and working patterns than there would be if most folk went back to the office. Will be much easier for them to introduce cunty changes, cut rates, ensure no unions etc. I'm struggling to see it working out better overall for everyone.

Companies will decide that their employees are now 'freelancers' and, if they can get away with it, will pay them a flat hourly rate with no other benefits.

That was how 'working from home' used to be before everybody started doing it.

Alberon

Companies will always try to get away with whatever shit they can no matter whether you're working out of your spare bedroom or chained to a desk.

What's important is that unions adapt to the new normal quickly.

Sebastian Cobb

Butchers Blind

Proper bants. Not just bants but proper bants.  Its why we go to work for the proper bants.

Ferris

Quote from: Butchers Blind on September 03, 2020, 11:32:13 AM
Proper bants. Not just bants but proper bants.  Its why we go to work for the proper bants.

Personally I'm only in it for the receptionists.

JamesTC

Hearing an alarm. Putting on a tie. Overcrowded trains and buses. Spot the ball every fucking week. That colleague who needs to leave early for parent's evening every week. 1 ply toilet paper. Shit on the toilet wall. Mice infestations. Broken chairs. Small talk about a global pandemic. Overpriced coffee and sandwiches.

bgmnts

Second family.... I almost vomited in my mouth.

Ferris

Quote from: bgmnts on September 03, 2020, 12:18:28 PM
Second family.... I almost vomited in my mouth.

My second family live two towns over and I've told Her Indoors #2 that I work on an oil rig. Fuck knows what that has to do with offices.

frajer

Quote from: Butchers Blind on September 03, 2020, 11:32:13 AM

Too long has covid panic deprived us of proper bants. The bants you know you deserve. BRITISH bants.

Butchers Blind

Quote from: frajer on September 03, 2020, 12:51:58 PM
Too long has covid panic deprived us of proper bants. The bants you know you deserve. BRITISH bants.

Dave's glued your coffee mug to the desk. Proper bants
Mike's deleted all your files on the PC. Proper bants.
Sandra's having sex with Dave in the disabled toilet. She's married to Mike. Proper bants.

Cuntbeaks

At what point does Bants become Proper Bants?

ASFTSN

Quote from: Cuntbeaks on September 03, 2020, 01:55:11 PM
At what point does Bants become Proper Bants?

When someone objects and gets overruled.

idunnosomename

Distinguished from common bants, proper bants refer to a specific entity rather than a class of entity