Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:10:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Fluoxetine

Started by bgmnts, August 28, 2020, 01:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canadagoose

bgmnts, I'm on Sertraline as well now (for the first time in 7 years) and I'm seeing an improvement. I hope you do too. I'm currently on 150mg but that might change.

I'm also glad to hear[nb]well... it's a shame, but I'm glad I'm not alone[/nb] that others have had the same experience of becoming really anxious with some medications. I was put on moclobemide before this, and I felt horrid. I had panic attacks for the first time since I was a teenager; I just couldn't stop feeling anxious, even with a higher dose of propranolol; I constantly felt guilty about loads of things; and alcohol made me feel sick if I had more than about 5 units. This was after a really yucky withdrawal from duloxetine, which was done gradually but clearly not gradually enough. Constant nausea and vomiting (I had to be admitted to hospital when I just couldn't stop throwing up, over and over again), shivers, sweating, headaches, dizziness, and really low mood. If you're ever thinking of coming off duloxetine, don't. be very careful coming off it and ask your GP or psychiatrist for extra help.

bgmnts

Yeah no joke I noticed Fluoxetine induced retching. That may be a theme with a lot of these medications.

It was mostly triggered by my asthma-induced constant yawning and I finally vommed in the street on Saturday. That was one of my "yeah get off this shit" moments.

lankyguy95

Hope Sertraline is the right one for you. It's definitely been the best one I've been put on.

canadagoose

Quote from: bgmnts on October 12, 2020, 03:12:58 PM
Yeah no joke I noticed Fluoxetine induced retching. That may be a theme with a lot of these medications.

It was mostly triggered by my asthma-induced constant yawning and I finally vommed in the street on Saturday. That was one of my "yeah get off this shit" moments.
It's a strange mechanism, and I don't really understand why it happens. I'm sure someone more medically-minded will know, though.

royce coolidge

I have been prescribed most anti depressants over the last 20 or so years,but been on Duloxetine for about 5 years have managed to whittle down from 150 to 60mg but cannot go lower.
By far the worst withdrawal effects of any drug I've ever been on,I would strongly advise anyone to steer clear of them,I think they are genuinely dangerous.
I once(stupidly) tried going cold turkey and by 48 hours felt I was in a waking coma,completely dissascotiated from myself and the world,truly dreadful.

royce coolidge

Oh yes,they never helped my mental health one iota either.