Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:33:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Dicky Dawks defends paedophilia

Started by touchingcloth, August 28, 2020, 04:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

Bet this was top bants.

The Richard Dawkins Award winner 2019. FOR PROCLAIMING RATIONAL and SECULAR VALUES and UPHOLDING SCIENTIFIC TRUTH and MAKING LOTS OF PAEDO JOKES.

ProvanFan

Hey babe, talk a walk on the mild side.

Sin Agog

Quote from: ProvanFan on August 29, 2020, 02:00:01 PM
Hey babe, talk a walk on the mild side.

Two two two two two two-two-two two two two two two two two two twooooooo

(Years old).

Hand Solo

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on August 29, 2020, 01:15:07 PM
Or the reverse for Gerontophiles, they're not attractive until they've officially been granted OAP status.

Love a OAP titwank.

Icehaven

Humbert Humbert was supposedly an ephepeophile and Lolita was supposed to be about 12 wasn't she?

pigamus

I assumed it meant early teens - pubescent but not by much.

Shit Good Nose

This is just like when George Lucas introduced midichlorians.

Hand Solo

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on August 29, 2020, 04:39:48 PM
This is just like when George Lucas introduced midichlorians.

Baby Yoda caught midichlorians and died after Lucas and Spielberg raped him over the pinball machine at a Hollywood Pizzagate party :(

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

QuoteThe term was additionally revived by Ray Blanchard to denote men who sexually prefer 15- to 19-year-olds.

HA HA the same Ray Blanchard who insists that trans women are either gay men who decide to be women to get more dick, or inscrutable perverts who are turned on by the idea of being women?

Yes. Yes it is.

I heard about this dumbassery when it happened, having taken an interest in Dwakins' carry-on since his "Dear Muslima" letter (women shouldn't complain about being alone with strange men in a lift in the wee hours of the morning, even if said strange man starts hitting on them and inviting them for 'coffee', because Muslim women have it so much worse). Like... he's saying this as someone who dealt with being felt up by a pervert by saying to himself "it wasn't that bad, he did it to a lot of boys, I'm okay, lots of people get it way worse". His mistake was going beyond his personal experience and announcing that a bit of playful kiddie-fiddling is much easier to overcome than being told that you'll burn in hell for eternity.

flotemysost

Round yon virgin mother and child
Holy paedo so tender and mild
Nonce in heavenly peace
Nonce in heavenly peace

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on August 28, 2020, 05:11:27 PM
I noticed the article is from 2013. He tried to clarify what he meant with a tweet in 2014 but only really dug himself a deeper hole

https://twitter.com/RichardDawkins/status/494012589828218881?s=20

2013 was the year Dicky D had a go at me on the phone. If only I'd known at the time that his outburst was likely fuelled by the urgent, righteous passion of defending paedos.

touchingcloth

What did he have a go a you about?

idunnosomename

i love children but i couldnt nonce a hot one

flotemysost

Quote from: touchingcloth on August 31, 2020, 11:34:24 AM
What did he have a go a you about?

My job at the time involved fielding queries from authors and literary agents - answered the phone one day to hear him on the other end, having taken umbrage at the way an email was worded.

Not a very exciting story, but it's the only Dicky Dawks story I've got and by God I'm going to roll it out every time he's mentioned in my vicinity.

idunnosomename

it's funny how this new atheism bants tanked like a big fat nonce in the dock, in retrospect

touchingcloth

Quote from: flotemysost on August 31, 2020, 12:20:33 PM
My job at the time involved fielding queries from authors and literary agents - answered the phone one day to hear him on the other end, having taken umbrage at the way an email was worded.

Not a very exciting story, but it's the only Dicky Dawks story I've got and by God I'm going to roll it out every time he's mentioned in my vicinity.

"The email thanking me for my charity appearance said "bless you", do you seriously expect an intelligent scientist professor to believe in "blessings" and "gods" when you aren't discussing them while your hand is mildly touching my penis? My wife was in Dr Who."

Paul Calf

Hand Solo

If evolution was real, why haven't paedophiles evolved genitals that look like an Xbox controller?

touchingcloth

Quote from: Hand Solo on August 31, 2020, 07:48:12 PM
If evolution was real, why haven't paedophiles evolved genitals that look like an Xbox controller?

Just you wait, as soon as the first peodo finds a fertile child the mutants will start to arrive.

Flouncer

HOW ABOUT NEXT CUNT TO DEFEND PAEDOPHILLIA GETS HIS FUCKING WINDOWS PANNED IN OK

ZoyzaSorris

He was right though wasn't he? Some instances of sexual abuse are objectively worse than others. (They are all firmly on  the bad side of the ledger for avoidance of doubt). A silly point to die on a hill pedantically about though.

Paul Calf

Quote from: ZoyzaSorris on September 07, 2020, 07:27:12 AM
He was right though wasn't he? Some instances of sexual abuse are objectively worse than others. (They are all firmly on  the bad side of the ledger for avoidance of doubt). A silly point to die on a hill pedantically about though.

No. A 15-year-old boy shagging a 16-year-old girl is exactly the same as satanic murder of babies and anyone who says different should be castrated in public surrounded by a bukkake party of wanking Daily Express readers.

chveik

Quote from: ZoyzaSorris on September 07, 2020, 07:27:12 AM

I guess but the problem comes from all the stupid shite he says after that

Paul Calf

And the fact that he thinks it's neccessary to say it. I mean, the only possible motivation is to claim a stake of the hot, sweet attention that seems to serve in place of ideas, personality or self-esteem in some quarters.

touchingcloth

It was also his use of the term "mild paedophilia" which implies that it is mild in an absolute sense. Given that he's a scientist who should be used to talking carefully and specifically it would have been easy for him to couch things differently by saying "milder", for instance.

But then his point was never to talk about the relative awfulness of different types of sexual abuse, just to put across his important hot take that some forms of sexual abuse are more acceptable than telling a child that Jesus exists.

Who is the real child abuser? The school caretaker bringing children back to his house for rapes and murders, or is it the priest in his cassock and tie?

Zetetic

Quote from: touchingcloth on September 07, 2020, 09:21:52 AM
saying "milder", for instance.
I'm not sure that the comparative saves it in this case. "More of a laugh" wouldn't work either.

Thursday

"I am very conscious that you can't condemn people of an earlier era by the standards of ours. Just as we don't look back at the 18th and 19th centuries and condemn people for racism in the same way as we would condemn a modern person for racism, I look back a few decades to my childhood and see things like caning, like mild pedophilia, and can't find it in me to condemn it by the same standards as I or anyone would today," he said.

So what exactly is "Mild Pedophilia" he hasn't defined that clearly enough, and what exactly does he mean "condemn it by the same standards" how much should we condemn this thing that hasn't been defined very clearly.

People might also take some exception to the idea that we don't condemn racism in 18th and 19th century and argue we should.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Thursday on September 07, 2020, 02:01:38 PM
So what exactly is "Mild Pedophilia" he hasn't defined that clearly enough, and what exactly does he mean "condemn it by the same standards" how much should we condemn this thing that hasn't been defined very clearly.

Well, nothing wrong with window shopping is there.

Black Ship

Quote from: pigamus on August 29, 2020, 11:31:46 AM
15-19? That can't be right, surely? I mean I know I'm a dirty old man for fancying a 19-year-old but I object to being drawn into paedo territory.

IIRC there are still some states in America where 21 is the age of majority, so even if you are 18+ you are still legally classified as a minor.

El Unicornio, mang

18-20 are considered minors, but only in respect of them not being allowed to drink alcohol or gamble. Bars will have "no minors allowed" which means no-one under 21 allowed (or people who work underground lol)