Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:29:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Syncing (not just transferring) from Mac to Android

Started by magval, August 29, 2020, 04:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magval

The Internet is full to fuck of articles with unnecessary introductions as to why you're reading the article (you know - you've clicked on it, consciously, while awake).

None, that I could find, could answer this question, despite all this worthless preambulatory prattling.

Is there a thing such as an app, for Android, which will sync to an iTunes library on a Macbook? Playlists and all?

If NOT -

Is there an app anyone can recommend for Mac which has an Android companion app between which I can sync a music library?

Thanks to anyone that can help. This one has me bate.

NoSleep

Android File Transfer is what you need to get the files onto an Android phone. And a player like Foobar2000 that you can point to the files and play them. No syncing, though.

magval

I've been using Google Play Music which is grand although I read there that it's not going to exist by the end of the year.

The only finnicky thing about it is having to manually keep track of what I add to and delete from it.

NoSleep

I only use iTunes to organise mp3s on my Mac ("Keep iTunes media files organized" and "Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library" both ticked), so that it's easy to find them for operations like you're describing. I'm not so keen on using it to play stuff as I also have a lot of FLAC files that it refuses to acknowledge (and I'm not going to convert them all to ALAC while I have a third party player that will play both mp3s and FLAC). But it's nice to have all the mp3s filed under artists/albums like that.