Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:39:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

oh fuck no

Started by BlodwynPig, September 01, 2020, 02:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

I'm imagining super speed or the ability to communicate with cheese.

Cerys

Does that mean holding a conversation with a chunk of Brie, or performing semaphore using slices of Emmenthal?  I think we should be told.

monkfromhavana

Quote from: Cerys on September 17, 2020, 04:24:18 AM
Does that mean holding a conversation with a chunk of Brie, or performing semaphore using slices of Emmenthal?  I think we should be told.

You could also carve out letters out of any block of non-crumbly cheese and communicate.

Cerys

BlodwynPig

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Buelligan on September 16, 2020, 11:56:16 PM
Brilliant stuff.  Because, of course, during a pandemic the last fucking thing on earth you must do is to work to make it less horrific if you're asked because you have rare knowledge, special abilities and a marvelous pig head on your hoggish shoulders.  Why are you such a cunt btw, DM?

thanks, although I hadn't taken DM's post as nasty or hateful. Just an acerbic jest. If you really despise me DM, please let it be known so I can ignore you ;)

Zetetic

Have you started reading Nick Land?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Zetetic on September 17, 2020, 08:49:12 AM
Have you started reading Nick Land?

Is that Government 101? Fuck accelerationism.

I have to do the DBS Check "Oh it'll just be 25 quid, pretty straightforward", 84 quid and a fucking hassle to get someone to sign my documents while in isolation.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: BlodwynPig on September 17, 2020, 08:51:50 AM
I have to do the DBS Check "Oh it'll just be 25 quid, pretty straightforward", 84 quid and a fucking hassle to get someone to sign my documents while in isolation.

And all that confirms is that you haven't been caught yet...

BlodwynPig

Getting a bit nervy now. Had a phone chat with a organisation who will help me become a contractor for the first 2 weeks before I get the fixed term contract. Apparently I need to be registered under an Umbrella company which will cost 100 quid. Fine, whatever (I get the money back added to my day rate). But what is throwing me is how chummy everyone is. He kept on repeating "you're a good man, a good man". Couple that with the DHSC HR guy saying "fuck the University, we want you"...I feel like I'm in an alternative reality and want to go back to the good old days of slumming it in obscurity.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: BlodwynPig on September 17, 2020, 12:59:21 PM
Getting a bit nervy now. Had a phone chat with a organisation who will help me become a contractor for the first 2 weeks before I get the fixed term contract. Apparently I need to be registered under an Umbrella company which will cost 100 quid. Fine, whatever (I get the money back added to my day rate). But what is throwing me is how chummy everyone is. He kept on repeating "you're a good man, a good man". Couple that with the DHSC HR guy saying "fuck the University, we want you"...I feel like I'm in an alternative reality and want to go back to the good old days of slumming it in obscurity.

So when will you be doing the daily briefing on BBC1?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on September 17, 2020, 01:01:59 PM
So when will you be doing the daily briefing on BBC1?

You can imagine it. Just at the edge of the door that they enter through you see someone offloading a sweating pig like man from a wheeled trolley and prodded with something resembling a cattle prod. He enters, stumbling and gaunt, flopping over the lectern. His first words are just mumbles as he struggles to focus on the camera, his notes fall the floor and a pale yellow liquid pools on the floor.

A journalist pipes up "Prime Minister, Mr. Johnson? Are you ok?"

In the other room you notice the director of the Minotaur franchise lighting a big fat cigar.

Dr Trouser

Quote from: BlodwynPig on September 17, 2020, 12:59:21 PM

Gov aren't allowed to pay umbrella companies because of IR35 - check with your people.

paruses

Quote from: BlodwynPig on September 17, 2020, 08:51:50 AM
Is that Government 101? Fuck accelerationism.

Well done on whatever this job is. Make sure Q doesn't give you the shit gadgets.

Why did the DBS check cost 84 quid though? I did my last one all online for the flat £25.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Dr Trouser on September 17, 2020, 01:36:15 PM
Gov aren't allowed to pay umbrella companies because of IR35 - check with your people.

I'll be paying, but the Gov will increase my day rate to compensate

BlodwynPig

Quote from: paruses on September 17, 2020, 01:38:26 PM
Well done on whatever this job is. Make sure Q doesn't give you the shit gadgets.

Why did the DBS check cost 84 quid though? I did my last one all online for the flat £25.

Probably went with wrong company?

paruses

Quote from: BlodwynPig on September 17, 2020, 01:39:51 PM
Probably went with wrong company?

Yea probably - I did same with a passport renewal when there was no need. Very frustrating.

Presume the £100 was to register a ltd company not register WITH an umbrella. Don't get talked into anything because you are told it has to be that way. Agents in the past have told me I had to work through their umbrella company for roles before and it's just bullshit (I know your situation is slightly different but just be aware - others on her probably know a lot more about contracting to the public sector).

BlodwynPig

Getting a gov laptop so that Dom can watch me sleep and wake me at 3am for the start of my shift.

bgmnts

I'm getting a call from a recruitment company about a job at a sortation place at Amazon next week, so I'm even worse than you Blods. Take comfort in that.

BlodwynPig

Guess who I've got a meeting with next week? (100 points)

I haven't even started working for these people yet and they've dumped me off the deep end.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: BlodwynPig on September 18, 2020, 05:26:14 PM
Guess who I've not got a meeting with next week? (100 points)

I haven't even started working for these people yet and they've dumped me off the deep end.

Ashley Banjo?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on September 18, 2020, 05:28:53 PM
Ashley Banjo?

where did that errant 'not' come from...wishful thinking.

Not Ash or Josef.

Cuellar

jobotic

BlodwynPig

Barry Admin meets Prince Andrew's Ex.

Pingers

BlodwynPig

zomgmouse

Blinder Data

Is it Big Daddy Cummings?