Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:28:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

oh fuck no

Started by BlodwynPig, September 01, 2020, 02:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buelligan

Quote from: monkfromhavana on September 01, 2020, 03:24:38 PM
You'll be wheeled out as part of the daily briefing in a few weeks, speaking to the nation.

I shall get knitting immediately.  Produce a marvelously offensive woolen bodysock with integrated mask and snood for the occasion.

GMTV

If you're meeting in a restaurant check if any of the other patrons look like they've been in Channel 4 reality shows.

jobotic

Say hi to Biggy, for that's who it is.

'Meet the man who caused the second wave'

Calamitous corona clown unveiled, and of course he's a lefty! Embittered Corbyn fanatic who took the cruelest revenge on the nation that spurned his hapless hero...

Daily Mail journo's banging on the door all day long. "Mr. Pig! Mr. Pig!! Do you feel any guilt for the lives you've ended Mr. Pig? Is it true you strong armed the government into this plan?"

QDRPHNC

chveik

pies and pints all round!

Dr Trouser

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on September 01, 2020, 03:12:07 PM
I can't imaagine the fantasy needed to be dredged up to get in the mood in an environment like that,  PLEASE TELL ALL

The toilets reeked of Thatcher

Do you have any money or connections? This could be the start of you failing your way upwards into the highest echelons of government.

Quote from: Dr Trouser on September 01, 2020, 03:49:53 PM
The toilets reeked of Thatcher

Of course, they now reek of Priti Patel. Still the odour of Thatcher, but with a hint of madras.*

*Pitching this to the new BBC comedy regime to get a gig on HIGNFY. It's anti-Tory but also simultaneously sexist and racist. Something for everyone.

monkfromhavana

If they give you any grief just tell them to go and fuck themselves. They're not family, friends, your boss or your better. If they knew about this stuff they wouldn't be asking you along in the first place.

Just don't sign anything before letting some responsible people give the document a once over (I.E. us).

Jasha

Adopt the baffle with bullshit approach, none of the other attendees will want to put their head above the parapet and admit they've no idea, it's all emperor's New clothes. Quoting lots of facts and figures always helps.

Dex Sawash

You'll be good as Ollie in thick of it

Shoulders?-Stomach!

One tactic when feeling unprepared is to throw back questions, so stall by asking how, why, where, what, if, etc, and use their responses to those to gather data to help you respond either during the meeting or something to 'get back to you' on.

It makes you look thorough, responsive, eager and you can even end all that with a credible excuse to set up a second meeting.

Also, take any excuse possible to talk at length on a tangent about a subject you are completely on top of as a prompt that you aren't a chancer.

There's also the availability to put on a credible but severe stutter that impedes any real progress being made, buying you time to respond in writing to these p... Pppp... at a later date.

BlodwynPig

All good advice, but moot in this case. however, just spoke to the Prof who will be joining me and he is nervous too. he's been co-i on a large project looking at wastewater surveillance of covid for 6 months now and says he thinks he knows even less now than when he started. He also thinks that political interference has hampered how this is being done (something I must try not to speak out loud tomorrow...must not belittle Johnson....not diss the Johnson). We've kind of worked out that the ***** lackey who has been banging on No. 10 trying to get them to listen is resorting to us to try and make ***** and chums actually do something to support it. Superbrain and Galaxybrain, be READY!

bgmnts

When will we be able to drink out of rivers again Blodwyn?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: bgmnts on September 01, 2020, 05:48:25 PM
When will we be able to drink out of rivers again Blodwyn?

Depends on river, location along river, time of day and if there have been any overflows, industrial pollution or dead sheep incidents upstream prior to your drink. Best not to unless you are dying of thirst.

Dr Rock

Probly time to go all V For Vendetta. We're with you Blod.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Dr Rock on September 01, 2020, 05:53:42 PM
Probly time to go all V For Vendetta. We're with you Blod.

Its via MS Teams!

bgmnts

Quote from: BlodwynPig on September 01, 2020, 05:51:05 PM
Depends on river, location along river, time of day and if there have been any overflows, industrial pollution or dead sheep incidents upstream prior to your drink. Best not to unless you are dying of thirst.

Thought so. You guys need to fix that. Blow em all up.

Captain Z

Don't forget to wear a "I went to Barnard Castle and all I got was this lousy Covid" T-shirt.

Or this one:

Twonty Gostelow

Quote from: BlodwynPig on September 01, 2020, 05:46:17 PM
All good advice, but moot in this case. however, just spoke to the Prof who will be joining me and he is nervous too. he's been co-i on a large project looking at wastewater surveillance of covid for 6 months now and says he thinks he knows even less now than when he started. He also thinks that political interference has hampered how this is being done (something I must try not to speak out loud tomorrow...must not belittle Johnson....not diss the Johnson). We've kind of worked out that the ***** lackey who has been banging on No. 10 trying to get them to listen is resorting to us to try and make ***** and chums actually do something to support it. Superbrain and Galaxybrain, be READY!

Good luck

BlodwynPig

Well you all now know how easy it is to enter the corridors of power...even for nanoseconds. This is how they defeat your dreams of revolution.

Buelligan

Don't let them defeat you piggers.  Don't sell your sweet hoggish arse to these terrible monsters.

BlodwynPig

Daedelpig flew too close to the sun

Buelligan

Is it tomorrow that your wax melts?

Operty1

Easiest way through this is to wait for the first person to make any kind of point, then shout 'YES' nod knowingly, lift up a folder of papers while still nodding and repeatedly tap at them. Pop the folder down and say 'Exactly this, this guy's got it'.

Big smile, slurp of coffee, light a fag.

Post results to Cab.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Buelligan on September 01, 2020, 09:03:58 PM
Is it tomorrow that your wax melts?

Yeh, find out at 2pm today, meeting at 11am tomorrow.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Operty1 on September 01, 2020, 09:14:05 PM
Easiest way through this is to wait for the first person to make any kind of point, then shout 'YES' nod knowingly, lift up a folder of papers while still nodding and repeatedly tap at them. Pop the folder down and say 'Exactly this, this guy's got it'.

Big smile, slurp of coffee, light a fag.

Post results to Cab.

Their opening gambit

"So, Dr....Pig, i see you post regularly on a web forum called CookdandBombd..."

Operty1

If you're backed into a corner blame 5G towers.

brat-sampson

Make sure to get in lots of sexist BANTER while everyone's getting their webcams sorted / putting their trousers on / establishing if everyone/anyone can see or hear them properly, so they know you're on board.

Or, actually, could just stick your webcam up your colon and claim technical difficulties until they all go away.

Jittlebags

Give your sweaty ring a good buffing with a finger before shaking hands.