Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 10:38:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

oh fuck no

Started by BlodwynPig, September 01, 2020, 02:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Buelligan

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: BlodwynPig on September 02, 2020, 01:01:18 PM
Thank you for all your support over the years. Comrade. But a Boris Jedi must find a time to break free from the commune. That time is now.

OK, see you in 6 months time when it's all over

Blodders today in the meeting, "Mr Cummnigs will drink your essence now, welcome to the team unit 45378"

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on September 02, 2020, 01:18:28 PM
OK, see you in 6 months time when it's all over

Blodders today in the meeting, "Mr Cummnigs will drink your essence now, welcome to the team unit 45378"

Leave LEAVE Mr. Cummings alone

Mr_Simnock

I'm sure whatever happens from now on it will be quite fascinating stuff, I sort of envy the experience of being inside the belly of the beast.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on September 02, 2020, 01:27:56 PM
I'm sure whatever happens from now on it will be quite fascinating stuff, I sort of envy the experience of being inside the belly of the beast.

No worries, fella, I'll be giving Dom a bell later and have a word...gotta dash, Bozza wants a massage.

monkfromhavana

Quote from: BlodwynPig on September 02, 2020, 01:39:26 PM
I tell you what, the BBC doesn't half pump out some quality news and current affairs programming.

Cerys

Huzzah!

That's the correct response, right...?

QDRPHNC

Quote from: BlodwynPig on September 02, 2020, 12:24:06 PM
DONE - Fucking hell. FUCKING HELL.

Nah, not that bad at all. A big teddy bear. Even got to confuse him and everyone at the end with real science. Anyway, he's given me his personal e-mail now, so get your requests in.

NICE ONE

BlodwynPig

Quote from: QDRPHNC on September 02, 2020, 06:52:13 PM
NICE ONE

cheers...still no job yet. I'll be consulting for the Government from behind an Aldi at this rate.

chveik

BlodwynPig

Gonna e-mail Ben to go for a cheeky pie and pint...shoot some shit over the numbers.

BlodwynPig

At one point I am sure I saw D*m stamping on an intern in an unfurnished office.

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: BlodwynPig on September 02, 2020, 12:24:06 PM
Nah, not that bad at all. A big teddy bear. Even got to confuse him and everyone at the end with real science. Anyway, he's given me his personal e-mail now, so get your requests in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHIQzFuLAcU

evilcommiedictator

Seems like the reason they got you in......is for "Operation Moon-Shot", totally showing how imaginative they are?
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/sep/09/boris-johnson-pinning-hopes-on-covid-testing-moonshot-leaked-papers-show

BlodwynPig

Quote from: evilcommiedictator on September 10, 2020, 02:33:59 AM
Seems like the reason they got you in......is for "Operation Moon-Shot", totally showing how imaginative they are?
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/sep/09/boris-johnson-pinning-hopes-on-covid-testing-moonshot-leaked-papers-show

wrong end... our method would actually be far superior to this mass testing or at the very least highly complimentary - it's non-invasive, minimises false positives, close to real-time and can estimate the disease moving through a population at scale. Should have been doing this in March to be fair.

Zetetic

If it's still the shitting stuff, or similar, complimentary presumably - it would let you identify where you're currently missing cases, put easier local access to testing in (etc.), and hopefully get them isolating quicker.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Zetetic on September 10, 2020, 08:32:42 AM
If it's still the shitting stuff, or similar, complimentary presumably - it would let you identify where you're currently missing cases, put easier local access to testing in (etc.), and hopefully get them isolating quicker.

Precis. They have done this on US campuses where they can isolate by dorm and then person even if they are asymptomatic. Of course, there are issues...

Buelligan

If the pope shits in the woods, can anybody hear his data?

pigamus

I'm not giving Boris Johnson my shit. I don't trust him even with that.

Buelligan

No, I'm happy to give it, as long as I can deliver it.  I have been saving for some time.

Uncle TechTip

This'll be shit, I reckon.

BlodwynPig

got a phone call from the government this evening. They would rather hire me directly as a government contractor instead of going through the University. Cast adrift on the stormy ocean of the civil service...pray for me.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Are you wishing you'd screwed the meeting up a bit more?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on September 14, 2020, 07:47:43 PM
Are you wishing you'd screwed the meeting up a bit more?

I'm always a wreck when not armed with information. I have very little at the moment. A lot of serious men talking serious things down the phone. Hell.

BTW, does the security check involve handing over my Cookdandbombd password?

imitationleather

As long as you've never used your account to encourage violence against the government or members of the Royal Family you'll be fine.

Captain Z

I thought we had agreed that this would be dealt with by now.

Operty1

Quote from: BlodwynPig on September 14, 2020, 07:40:51 PM
got a phone call from the government this evening. They would rather hire me directly as a government contractor instead of going through the University. Cast adrift on the stormy ocean of the civil service...pray for me.

Are you going for it?

Sin Agog