Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:07:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Best Ever Last Bits Of Great Movies EVER!!1 so SPOLIERS Obv

Started by Dr Rock, September 02, 2020, 08:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Rock

1. The Long Good Friday.
Spoiler alert
Hoskins acts his little face off in the back of a car as he realises he's done for. And his missus too.
[close]

2. Jojo Rabbit. The last twenty minutes are fucking brilliant - I love you Colonel K! - but the very last bit where
Spoiler alert
Jojo and Elsa start to wiggle about and then... and then all my tears fly out of my laughing head every time.
[close]
I can only think of one other movie,
Spoiler alert
It's A Wonderful Life that gets me blubbing at a happy bit.
[close]
3. The Third Man.
Spoiler alert
She just walks straight past him! Poor fella.
[close]

4. Out Of The Past/Build My Gallows High.
Spoiler alert
The mute kid lets the lady think Mitchum was a rotter even though he wasn't, so she could have a happier life with some chump. Just as his dead mate Mitch would've wanted! Blub!
[close]

5. The Sopranos.
Spoiler alert
Tony gets whacked! Debatably. Wait that's not a fillum.
[close]
These are probly the only good ones, but if you know any others please share xx

The Mollusk

How are people supposed to know what films are gonna be spoiled until they open the thread and potentially have a load of amazing film moments ruined for them? You should probably use spoiler tags.

Dr Rock

Absorb the anus burn

Carry On Girls
Spoiler alert
Sid James fucks off on a go-cart with Babs Windsor.
[close]

Stop Making Sense
Spoiler alert
David Byrne blacks up, takes a shit on the stage then fucks off on a go-cart with Babs Windsor.
[close]

Famous Mortimer

The Carry On lot could do a fun ending. Like Carry On Henry, and the bit where
Spoiler alert
Kenneth Williams, head about to be chopped off, is so tired of helping Henry out that he goes "carry on, executioner, carry on!" when he's offered a reprieve
[close]

The end of the Sixth Sense when Bruce Willis is a
Spoiler alert
likeable balding everyman
[close]

Uncle TechTip

If you read a spoiler before you see the film just forget about the spoiler and you'll be all set.

Or the Sopranos example, there's four series or so isn't there, that's plenty of TV to get through and forget what happens at the end. Even then the spoiler sounds like a quite obvious conclusion.

greenman

Hoskins showing that many great endings have someone going away...

The Grifters -
Spoiler alert
Angelica Huston goes away neoishly post filicide
[close]

Paris, Texas-
Spoiler alert
Harry Dean Stanton goes away in a romantic americana fashion
[close]

Blue is the Warmest Colour -
Spoiler alert
Adele goes away whilst melancholically acknowledging modern class boundaries
[close]

Angel Heart -
Spoiler alert
Mickey Rouke goes away in metaphorical faustian fashion
[close]

Under the Skin -
Spoiler alert
Scarlett goes away from misogony whilst on fire
[close]

Glebe

Quote from: Dr Rock on September 02, 2020, 08:08:28 PM1. The Long Good Friday.
Spoiler alert
Hoskins acts his little face off in the back of a car as he realises he's done for. And his missus too.
[close]

Yes, an absolute cracker of an ending to one of the great gangster flicks.

Cracking theme tune too!

I can't really think of anything decent to add at the mo, but do wanna say that the ending of The World's End - which is not one of my fave movies by any means - is a fun and refreshing surprize after the rather dour hour and a half or so that precedes it.

wooders1978

A little bit obvious but
Spoiler alert
verbal kinlon
[close]
at the end of the usual suspects is tough to beat

Except it has been beaten by Rutgers speech in blade runner

shagatha crustie

BlodwynPig

Fr.Bigley

The extended scene at end of The Avengers where they
Spoiler alert
are eating hot dogs in the trashed restaurant and are all sitting around silently until Tony Stark starts winding Banner up about his old model Nokia communicator so Banner turns into the Hulk and viciously rapes Stark while Black widow and cap'n watch on in horror. Hawkeye just starts filming it on his phone, laughing uncontrollably
[close]

Shaky

Egyptian Feast

The last ten minutes of Head and Repo Man are amazing, plus both have great songs to end on (two in the latter film, where the wonderful 'Reel Ten' by The Plugz is succeeded by Iggy's title song and the credits going the wrong way).

beanheadmcginty

I rewatched The Taking of Pelham 123 the other night (original obviously) and that final freeze frame on Walter Matthau's gotcha face is hard to beat as far as I'm concerned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDlEcFRZUYI

lipsink

The ending of Magnolia where
Spoiler alert
she breaks the fourth wall is great and makes me smile. Especially as her smile is in perfect synch with the guitar lick. Apparently it was unplanned but I'm not convinced.
[close]

Dr Rock

^ Yup pretty great.
Michael Caine has at least two with The Italian Job and Get Carter.

Brundle-Fly

The Fly (1958)

Spoiler alert
"help me, please help me"
[close]

Yes, it's hokey AF, but this surreal cinematic denoument terrified me to the very core of my soul as a little kid. It still chills me now; even more than anything from Cronenburg's brilliant remake. It's just so weird.

studpuppet

Electra Glide In Blue (1973) where the copper
Spoiler alert
goes after the hippies to give them their driving licence back, and gets both barrels out of the rear window of their camper.
[close]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-ZpJtr2x14