Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:44:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

ACAB at XR protest

Started by garbed_attic, September 02, 2020, 09:44:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZoyzaSorris

Just as an aside, apart from the Alien3 nonsense, it was primarily the catastrophic cobblers about otters in this thread I was thinking about when having a crack at your setting the world to rights on here, SGN.
https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,68717.0.html
As I say, you seem like a nice genuine guy, I just think maybe it's a case of being a bit suckered in by an overly gammon-rich personal milieu and maybe a touch of the 'It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it!', as the dodgy stuff always seems to fall on the side of repeating dodgy anti-environmental/ecology stuff.

Edit: thanks for reminding me of that thread though, I enjoyed everyone ripping the shit out of Bosto. This in particular made me laugh:

QuoteFair enough if you're eating them, but I don't like the idea of you and your boisterous Bullingdon mates galumphing down the riverbank, just bothering the fish, getting all up in their grills and ruining their day.
Dragging along one of your cleaners that's been forced to dress as a fish for the day, covered in bruises from the heavy handed groping.

People say fish don't have feelings and that they have bad memories.
Trust me, being dragged out the water, gasping for breath, being humiliated and manhandled by you and your prick toff cronies, bellowing like a bunch of homeowners, that shit'd stay with anyone.

Those fish crave the sweet release of death forever after, throwing themselves into nets, onto the banks, flapping around on your broken Pimms bottles, desperately trying to sever an artery.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: ZoyzaSorris on September 09, 2020, 09:52:18 AM
Just as an aside, apart from the Alien3 nonsense, it was primarily the catastrophic cobblers about otters in this thread I was thinking about when having a crack at your setting the world to rights on here, SGN.
https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,68717.0.html
As I say, you seem like a nice genuine guy, I just think maybe it's a case of being a bit suckered in by an overly gammon-rich personal milieu and maybe a touch of the 'It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it!', as the dodgy stuff always seems to fall on the side of repeating dodgy anti-environmental/ecology stuff.

Hang on............

No, I said everything I needed to in that thread.  This isn't the place to have that argument again.  I'm leaving it there.

Buelligan

Not wishing to aggravate you but one possible issue could be that you often refer to, what could be termed, hearsay.  Opinion, things you've come across on FB, quote someone at work or refer to your own work, rather than presenting actual sourced evidence to back up your ideas.  This is a perfectly valid choice but it doesn't make for being taken seriously, not when you're talking seriously about serious issues (as the Child-death-ambulence-XR allegations in this thread illustrate).

Billy Casper

I don't know about otters but that's a bit rich coming from you buelligan seeing as how you spend a big chunk of your time on here aggravating people and hiding what is basically internet bullying behind flowery language and saying "this isn't about me" when someone pulls you up on something.  Not wishing to aggravate you though.

bgmnts

Otters won't eat anything, they're carnivorous.

I wonder if an otter will eat tofu.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: bgmnts on September 09, 2020, 10:48:35 AM
Otters won't eat anything, they're carnivorous.

I wonder if an otter will eat tofu.

I won't eat tofu, never mind an otter.

Buelligan

Quote from: Billy Casper on September 09, 2020, 10:46:32 AM
I don't know about otters but that's a bit rich coming from you buelligan seeing as how you spend a big chunk of your time on here aggravating people and hiding what is basically internet bullying behind flowery language and saying "this isn't about me" when someone pulls you up on something.  Not wishing to aggravate you though.

I may well do all of those things but at least I provide sources.

Billy Casper

What a delightful person you are.

Buelligan

Thanks, I feel like we've met before, strange isn't it?

Billy Casper

I don't understand what you mean there but a lot of what you say comes across as double speak used purely to confuse people and again mask the fact that you are bullying them.

Pancake

This blocking an ambulance thing seems unlikely, the only road blocking thing I've done is Critical Mass in London and the unwritten but unquestioned rule is you move for emergency vehicles

Buelligan

Yes, I think it's been agreed that the blocking ambulance thing wasn't quite as stated.

Quote from: Billy Casper on September 09, 2020, 12:46:19 PM
I don't understand what you mean there but a lot of what you say comes across as double speak used purely to confuse people and again mask the fact that you are bullying them.

I don't know how I could be more clear, I feel like you and I have interacted here before.   Have we interacted here before?

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Pancake on September 09, 2020, 12:48:35 PM
This blocking an ambulance thing seems unlikely, the only road blocking thing I've done is Critical Mass in London and the unwritten but unquestioned rule is you move for emergency vehicles

I've already been put in my place about that.

Pancake

Oh it's been done. Yeah even the most fervent protester isn't about to impede an ambo with blues and twos blaring a Sick Tot (copyright Daily Mail) in the back

Pancake

Would have read the thread but I can't be arsed! *partridge stretching out on banquette*

Billy Casper

Buelligan, no. I only registered a few months ago and only started posting today. As I said I've been lurking for years so am well aware of a lot of the cliques and individual personalities but prefer to read and have never posted on here before. This exchange with you being one of the reasons.

Buelligan

Quote from: Billy Casper on September 09, 2020, 12:55:58 PM
Buelligan, no. I only registered a few months ago and only started posting today. As I said I've been lurking for years so am well aware of a lot of the cliques and individual personalities but prefer to read and have never posted on here before. This exchange with you being one of the reasons.

You surprise me.  If you wish to avoid communicating with me in future, may I suggest not calling me out by name?  That way any chance that I may inadvertently bully you can hopefully be avoided.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Pancake on September 09, 2020, 12:54:48 PM
Would have read the thread but I can't be arsed! *partridge stretching out on banquette*

Probs for the best...

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Billy Casper on September 09, 2020, 12:55:58 PM
Buelligan, no. I only registered a few months ago and only started posting today. As I said I've been lurking for years so am well aware of a lot of the cliques and individual personalities but prefer to read and have never posted on here before.

You'll also understand why we all think you're Danger Man then

Billy Casper

I can understand if you thought I was any of several forum members - I know sock accounts are a often mentioned on here. Obviously you can only take my word for it but I am not danger man. Unless danger man is a 53 year old woman with 3 children living in Bristol. Assuming he isn't, I am me and no one else.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Billy Casper on September 09, 2020, 01:49:06 AMI work for Bristol council and was there on the day in question.

Why are you using a Canadian IP address then?

Byeeeee.

Chollis

Ferris up to his usual tricks then I see

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Billy Casper on September 09, 2020, 01:12:00 PM
I can understand if you thought I was any of several forum members - I know sock accounts are a often mentioned on here. Obviously you can only take my word for it but I am not danger man. Unless danger man is a 53 year old woman with 3 children living in Bristol. Assuming he isn't, I am me and no one else.

Where in Bristol do you live?  And what department in Bristol Council?  I know a few people that work there.

chveik

there's a Bristol in Quebec apparently

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: chveik on September 09, 2020, 01:40:53 PM
there's a Bristol in Quebec apparently

Where there is a Norway Bay, just to confuse matters.

idunnosomename

YOU PEOPLE ARE JUST PETS! I'M BILLY CASPER!!

Bazooka

Bristol?  Which means he is Banksy aka Neil Buchanan aka Justin Lee Collins, come to see our threads about Alan Carr.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Bazooka on September 09, 2020, 02:18:05 PM
come to see our threads about Alan Carr.

Big brother Jimmy stood in the background in case it kicks off.

Pancake

Glad I missed the patent horseshit about the excellent and maligned Alien3

BlodwynPig