Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:01:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

ACAB at XR protest

Started by garbed_attic, September 02, 2020, 09:44:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: Barry Admin on September 09, 2020, 01:12:19 PM
Why are you using a Canadian IP address then?

Byeeeee.

Maybe left Hotspot VPN switched on after watching Netflix?

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on September 09, 2020, 04:22:21 PM
Maybe left Hotspot VPN switched on after watching Netflix?

I was just thinking when Mrs Nose worked from home a bit before being furloughed, she had to go through a VPN or proxy or whatever (I don't really know the difference or how they work) which placed her in somewhere like Malaysia despite being sat ten feet away from me.  These VPN companies must be earning an absolute fortune at the moment.

Come on Billy, tell us exactly where you live and throw some council names at me so I can put on my Columbo shitty coat.

Bazooka

Well this site is one of the few sites that I don't need a VPN to access in China, Neil is high up in the CCP.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Bazooka on September 09, 2020, 05:10:59 PM
Well this site is one of the few sites that I don't need a VPN to access in China, Neil is high up in the CCP.

He has got a jumbo poster of chairman Mao on the ceiling above his bed rather than a sex mirror.

shiftwork2

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: shiftwork2 on September 09, 2020, 06:20:18 PM

Casper!!!!!

Don't spoil jokes about Neil being in with the Chinese with jokes made pages ago!  GAWWWWWW!!!!!

shiftwork2

Yeah well I bet they were SHIT.

More Kes pictures for you pal.

'ave you 'ad any tea yet Billy?  Well get some then.  You know where the pantry is.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: shiftwork2 on September 09, 2020, 06:34:37 PM
Yeah well I bet they were SHIT.

More Kes pictures for you pal.

'ave you 'ad any tea yet Billy?  Well get some then.  You know where the pantry is.

Yer bugger.  Little bastard.  Bugger.  Bugger.  Ye bugger you.  Bastard.

Bu' ah wuss onlee...

BUGGER!  BASTARD YOU!

(ad infinitum, etc)

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on September 09, 2020, 05:06:22 PM
I was just thinking when Mrs Nose worked from home a bit before being furloughed, she had to go through a VPN or proxy or whatever (I don't really know the difference or how they work) which placed her in somewhere like Malaysia despite being sat ten feet away from me.  These VPN companies must be earning an absolute fortune at the moment.

Come on Billy, tell us exactly where you live and throw some council names at me so I can put on my Columbo shitty coat.

A proxy usually really just acts as a "go between" redirecting web traffic from your client computer to the outside world and back again.  They used to be popular as local caches of data (web pages etc) back when internet connections where shit and nowadays are more used for snooping/monitoring when used by eomployers.  A VPN can route any/all traffic from your client pc to a remote network encrypting the traffic end to end.

Shit Good Nose

Thanks.

A mate of mine keeps going on about his vpn and how he can watch tv from all over the world, but apart from the US South Park channel I haven't really seen anything that's made me particularly jealous or desperate to shell out £90 a year for one.

Nah, you don't really need a VPN for home use if you're just browsing t'internets.

Fambo Number Mive

A harrowing report from the WWF:

QuoteWildlife populations have fallen by more than two-thirds in less than 50 years, according to a major report by the conservation group WWF.

The report says this "catastrophic decline" shows no sign of slowing.

And it warns that nature is being destroyed by humans at a rate never seen before.

Wildlife is "in freefall" as we burn forests, over-fish our seas and destroy wild areas, says Tanya Steele, chief executive at WWF.

"We are wrecking our world - the one place we call home - risking our health, security and survival here on Earth. Now nature is sending us a desperate SOS and time is running out."...

They recorded an average 68% fall in more than 20,000 populations of mammals, birds, amphibians, reptiles and fish since 1970.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-54091048

Not quite sure about the picture the BBC chose though.

ZoyzaSorris

Too many otter reintroductions.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on September 10, 2020, 09:42:57 AM
Not quite sure about the picture the BBC chose though.

I dunno - one of the primo poster boys of the natural world showing its ass to its destroyers.  Seems kind of apt.

Quote from: ZoyzaSorris on September 10, 2020, 10:19:23 AM
Too many otter reintroductions.

Elephant anus is their favourite.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: bgmnts on September 10, 2020, 04:28:49 PM
https://www.independent.co.uk/environment/climate-change-glacier-melting-antarctica-thwaites-doomsday-warm-water-b421022.html

I remember when the BBC reported on this last year, when they first saw huge bits of it disappearing practically overnight.

219million tonnes a day.  A fucking day.  You can't even picture it.

Buelligan

I bet you'd have to divert an ambulance or two for that.

Sin Agog

It's a shame Captain Scott didn't embark on his South Pole expedition in the last year or two.  Not only would he not have perished, he could have saved all those Siberian ponies and huskies wasting their energy dragging tons of equipment when all he'd need to bring is a spare pair of Bermuda shorts and a portable BBQ from Asda.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Sin Agog on September 10, 2020, 04:57:57 PM
It's a shame Captain Scott didn't embark on his South Pole expedition in the last year or two.  Not only would he not have perished, he could have saved all those Siberian ponies and huskies wasting their energy dragging tons of equipment when all he'd need to bring is a spare pair of Bermuda shorts and a portable BBQ from Asda.

Maybe one of those little burn blocks as well, just for that nice post BBQ cosy glow.

thenoise

Quote from: Buelligan on September 08, 2020, 12:01:30 PM
It came about because we live in a society where it was, perhaps is, acceptable to exploit women for money and power.  Where women are seen as commodities.

I mean, just imagine for a moment, what you'd think in my little scenario if the sexes were reversed.  What would you think about a big old mum, sat at the table staring at pictures of teen cock, maybe chugging a can of Heineken, whilst her husband and teenage sons worked to feed her?  Does that seem healthy and normal?

Keith, 17, isn't afraid to 'tackle'  the issues of the day - he is glad that President Boris is on the 'ball' with getting Brexit done! "I just think he should get on with it, really" purred Keith, bless him, as he slipped out of his whities. We couldn't help thinking there was something we'd like him to get on with, know what I mean girls! Yes that's right, fuck us right up our fannies!!!

Dusty Substance

Quote from: Buelligan on September 10, 2020, 04:47:32 PM
I bet you'd have to divert an ambulance or two for that.

Only dancing to the Bee Gees outside Buckingham Palace can save the planet now.

Buelligan

Yeah, you're probably right.  I'm not doing that, it's embarrassing and will only be viewed as pointless and antisocial.  I'm just going to sit on my arse, eating snacks and watch the planet burn.  That's the sensible choice.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Buelligan on September 08, 2020, 12:01:30 PM
It came about because we live in a society where it was, perhaps is, acceptable to exploit women for money and power.  Where women are seen as commodities.

I mean, just imagine for a moment, what you'd think in my little scenario if the sexes were reversed.  What would you think about a big old mum, sat at the table staring at pictures of teen cock, maybe chugging a can of Heineken, whilst her husband and teenage sons worked to feed her?  Does that seem healthy and normal?

It's normal for the East Midlands.

Paul Calf

('Normal' is not a value judgement. It's a statistical mean.)

Thomas

According to the WWF, 68% of the planet's wildlife has been killed by traffic diverted by XR protests.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Thomas on September 11, 2020, 11:16:41 AM
According to the WWF, 68% of the planet's wildlife has been killed by traffic diverted by XR protests.

Actually the figure is 75% as everyone on the road that day was driving American muscle cars.  All the sensible people were either protesting or sat at home wanking.

The other 25% killed by otters (I may as well say it before someone else does)

evilcommiedictator

Quote from: Thomas on September 11, 2020, 11:16:41 AM

How many were killed by Roman Reigns himself though, like 60%?

Petey Pate

Looks like the British military is resigned to things going to shit and expects the government to take no serious action.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/ep4w5j/british-military-prepares-for-climate-fueled-resource-shortages