Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:59:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Morrissey's mum RIP

Started by kalowski, September 02, 2020, 10:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Hand Solo on September 04, 2020, 11:03:43 AM
Of course at the time Money's Too Tight To Mention so when Mick got to the checkout he realised he didn't have enough and had to Hold Back The Beers, because he had a bit of a chekky Pleasure At The Arcades On The Way.

Remembering
The first time
We saw Mick
(He was just appaaaalllling)

poodlefaker

The thing that sticks with me about seeing Hucknell in Chorlton Safeways nearly 30 years ago is that he'd clearly done the old "I'm just going  in for a few bits, I don't need a trolleh" but he'd got halfway round and the basket was far too heavy but he was sticking with it. You can't go back.

Glebe

Quote from: SteveDave on September 03, 2020, 12:27:59 PMI've now got 3 things in common with Morrissey- a mum dying in 2020 is one, can any listeners guess the other 2?

So I've got one thing in common with you and Morrissey there, SD. Deepest condolences... it's been a shit year all round.

As much as I have slammed Morrissey on here, I still have enough residual love for him from 1984-86 to feel deep empathy for the harrowing pain he must be in and the feeling that he's lost the one person whom he has maybe ever truly trusted and loved, at least since he lost Marr.

Many people never recover from losing their mothers and Morrissey is obviously vulnerable to that condition of eternal grief.

samadriel

Mother in a graveyard, I know, I know, it's serious...