Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 10:20:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Your chargers and dongles

Started by peanutbutter, September 03, 2020, 10:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanutbutter

What're the ones you seem to use all the time?

Until I lost it a few weeks ago, this Anker guy was my go to USB charger

Currently looking for a new one, tempted to get one of those ones with like 4 USB slots and 2 USB-C slots, with one of the USB-C ones capable of charging a macbook pro and all that shit. A one-stop charger. Not sure I'd trust them though. Definitely need something better than what I've lying around to charge my tablet though so I'll have to buy something

In terms of general use dongles and other bits and pieces I plug into my laptop (excluding storage devices), other than what came with devices, I'm using this Aukey one for my Macbook and it's pretty neat tbh. Functions almost like a dock used to. Would be nice if I could swap my keyboard over from one device to another wirelessly though, means I need to leave a lightning cable connected the whole time instead.

Sebastian Cobb

I've got a three port one for ikea.

I also have a 4-way extension lead with 2 usb ports on it in my study.

Dex Sawash

I have the one from every phone ever. Running out of spare outlets to store them.

QDRPHNC

Last year I bought a new Macbook, which comes with only two usb-c ports (one of which is almost constantly used for power), so I couldn't exist without a dongle. I use a fairly pricey Satechi one, that has HDMI, USB, USB-C, SD card reader...

But I wish I hadn't wasted the money, as this type of little adapter that came with my phone is pretty much all I ever use:

I also bought 2 of these memory sticks not long ago, and I use them all the time:

USB on one end USB-C on the other, and very very tiny. It's great to be able to plug it directly into my phone.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I have a Samsung tablet that, very annoyingly, will only deign to work with the charger it came bundled with charger. Even the charger from my Samsung phone won't work with it.

Just bought this little fucker as it was reduced to £3.60. Had something similar already, but it was so weak that it would merely slow the drain of battery if you tried to use any sort of navigation app. With 36 bastarding watts available I'll be able to use my apps and charge at the same time. Game changer.

beanheadmcginty

I have no idea about technology, but I feel that Anker have succeeded in the same way Smeg did. Funny foreign brands sound rude but decent quality goods. Perfect combination. I've just trademarked Ocksucker for my Dutch toaster enterprise.