Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,362
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:24:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Knife 20 years old

Started by Bazooka, September 04, 2020, 01:08:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazooka

QuoteTo commemorate the release of our first 7" back on August 14, 2000, we're making our full catalogue available on streaming services and digital stores through our label Rabid Records. This includes our soundtrack to the Swedish film Hannah Med H and Live At Terminal 5.

The full Rabid Records catalogue, including releases from Fever Ray and Olof Dreijer, will also be made available on Bandcamp for the first time from Friday 14th August 2020!

I saturated The Knife listening particularly around 2007/08 non-stop, and haven't really listened to them in the last few years because of that. I love Deep Cuts and consider Silent Shout a bloody masterpiece, up there with Merriweather Post Pavilion as the greatest experimental electronic album of the 2000s. Shaking The Habitual has some brilliant moments, but is too safe to hold any light to join the ranks of their previous work, also their live tour for that album was a huge pretentious disappointment.

Pass This On is still wonderful. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gKhjaGRhIYU

The Mollusk

Silent Shout is a masterpiece, I agree. I've long considered it to be a 10/10, I can't fault a single bit of it and I've rinsed it to fuck. Many years ago someone on here said it was perfect running music. I can't run for shit because of respiratory gubbins but I always imagined that it would be perfect for it. Pulsing, minimal, driving, enveloping and drenched with emotion.

I need to give Deep Cuts more attention, but when I first started listening to it I thought it was only like 50% good. Shaking The Habitual was also only half decent but that's because it was literally two discs of music which should have been condensed to one. That track at the end of the first disc which is just 20 mins of fucking vacuum noise is dreadful, glad to see that got lopped off for the later-issued single disc edition.

Bazooka

Shaking The Habitual lacked the great pop (Swedish magic) sensibilities of songs like Girls Night Out https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xSSy3aHsG6c&list=PLCGMXtJZgUAADwkH_btaVODd0PV7j-K2r&index=2&t=0s and the deep complexity of Silent Shouts otherworldly clinical yet organic pulse (sounds horribly pretentious). Its just sadly forgettable in comparison, but fuck it they produced two absolute stonkers.