Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:31:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Johnson fails to lead by example

Started by Fambo Number Mive, September 04, 2020, 02:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

I've often wondered why MPs don't wear masks in the House of Commons, given that they could spread covif across the UK, or why there isn't hand sanitiser on the Dispatch Box.

Then I remember we are led by a government of fifth-rate dickheads who study the playbook of Donald Trump and Margaret Thatcher.

Johnson clearly doesn't care if the virus spreads, as shown by this report in Bloomberg:

QuoteBoris Johnson was accused of hypocrisy as his office warned Britons against breaking pandemic social-distancing rules, just minutes after the prime minister addressed a meeting of Conservative lawmakers he described as packed in "cheek by jowl."

At least 50 Tory members of Parliament crammed into the parliamentary meeting room on Wednesday evening for the meeting, despite a sign on the door warning only 29 should be allowed in to limit the spread of coronavirus. And Johnson even commented on how he wanted people to be packed together in the same way by Christmas, according to two people at the meeting.

While some observed social-distancing rules that individuals should be more than a meter apart by taking seats that were spaced out, later arrivals "crammed" together at the back of the room to hear Johnson, according to three people present, who asked not to be identified because the meeting was private.

A spokesman for Johnson said his office would not be making any statement about the meeting with the influential 1922 committee of rank-and-file Tory lawmakers...Just 40 minutes after it finished, the prime minister's office sent a tweet warning people not to attend gatherings of more than 30 people.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-09-03/johnson-accused-of-hypocrisy-over-speech-to-packed-tory-meeting?srnd=premium-europe

I imagine that most Tory MPs have private healthcare and a huge mansion to self-isolate in so don't care if they get Covd. Maybe some don't even think it exists.

BlodwynPig