Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:51:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

iTunes Album Art Not Displaying On Phone Properly

Started by Malcy, September 04, 2020, 04:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcy

This happened to me a couple of months ago when i was transferring some stuff to my iPad and now it's started doing it on my phone. I've looked up solutions none of which seem to work, have reinstalled iTunes, deleted caches, removed and added music multiple times etc.

It sometimes works but after 2 or 3 additions it starts putting the wrong album art on things again. I know it's a minor niggle but it's became a bit of a mission to sort it.

Just wondering if it's happened to anyone else and you've managed to fix it. Thanks.

touchingcloth

How do you transfer stuff? Directly via iTunes over WiFi/cable, or you you sync it with Apple Music/Match?

I do the latter and this is something that affects me, but in my experience it seems to be a case of slow syncing and after a few minutes/hours/days things catch up. I'm guessing your issue is different, though.

Malcy

Quote from: touchingcloth on September 04, 2020, 06:16:00 PM
How do you transfer stuff? Directly via iTunes over WiFi/cable, or you you sync it with Apple Music/Match?

I do the latter and this is something that affects me, but in my experience it seems to be a case of slow syncing and after a few minutes/hours/days things catch up. I'm guessing your issue is different, though.

Yeah directly through iTunes. I used to just copy from explorer to phone/iPad direct through iTunes but that was causing albums to appear as separate albums for each track. Sorted that by adding it to the iTunes library first then moving across.

touchingcloth

How do you add the artwork? From picture files or doing the thing in iTunes where you can right click > get artwork (then it tries to find the album online and download what it thinks is the correct cover)?

Malcy

Quote from: touchingcloth on September 04, 2020, 08:29:58 PM
How do you add the artwork? From picture files or doing the thing in iTunes where you can right click > get artwork (then it tries to find the album online and download what it thinks is the correct cover)?

I done some sort of update library thing and that added a lot of covers that were missing in iTunes on my laptop. I've tried updating the tags on the tracks themselves by adding album art that i have downloaded from Discogs or Google or wherever but that doesn't help. The art is working fine in the library until i add it to a device and it picks a random cover.

touchingcloth

Weird. I'll have a play this weekend if I get time to refresh my memory, but it's been a while since I transferred directly to a device rather than syncing to Apple Music.

touchingcloth

I've just tried and had no issues... though iTunes doesn't exist on Macs any more and has been replaced with Music. I'll have a go on iTunes on my windows work pc during the week.

Malcy

Managed to get the new Partridge and a few albums to go on last night, but only by adding and deleting a couple of times. Think that might just have to be the way to do it for now.

magval

The trouble I had with album artwork not appearing on my phone was for files where the art was too big. Identified these, deleted them and replaced them with smaller artwork files (about 600x600 each) and everything was OK again.

Malcy

Quote from: magval on September 07, 2020, 07:27:29 AM
The trouble I had with album artwork not appearing on my phone was for files where the art was too big. Identified these, deleted them and replaced them with smaller artwork files (about 600x600 each) and everything was OK again.
Thanks, i'll have a look at that.