Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:41:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Napalm Death - Throes Of Joy In The Jaws Of Defeatism

Started by boki, September 05, 2020, 12:48:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magval

It has the broadest range of any Napalm album in quite some time, so you'll get the Joke-esque from Amoral and you'll get the 'fuck it we're trying something new' from Joie De Ne Pas Vivre'. The opening track is the most typical modern Napalm sounding track.

thugler

Wow, it's a great album. Varied and brutal. Has made me go back and listen to some of my faves of theirs from my teens like harmony corruption and it all pretty much holds up. Got to see them live again once the fuckdown ends

iamcoop

idunnosomename

Quote from: ASFTSN on September 25, 2020, 10:30:51 AM
Is there a particular song off of this that you'd recommend as representative of the album or does it not work that way? I've been away from nu-Napalm for a fair few albums.
it should hook you from the first track. I've been a bit meh on their recent material but this is structured so well. very similar to Harmony Corruption

i wonder if all of the current band have even been to Meriden. I've been - twice! funny place.

they're all basically 50/51 now which is amazing. especially for Barney and Danny Herrera

idunnosomename

the new Anaal Nathrakh came out on Friday and I love it, although it is quite clean compared to a lot of their stuff which can be fucking mental heavy. channeling classic iron maiden a lot of the time. not much effort for lyric decipherment required here compared to black widow etc

just catchy tunes as "a pig with cocks in its eyes"

well. i suppose i ought to nws link this. because it's a pig with cocks in its eyes.

https://scontent.flhr3-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/120738802_2686155951598832_7317022300753092617_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=b9115d&_nc_ohc=yFip3MfWt9oAX-86wpF&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr3-2.fna&oh=e5415aa8975e106ca5c0cfa8763a98be&oe=5F9DC582

Famous Mortimer

My friend Si is posting stuff on FB from his extensive collection of ephemera - he designs shirts for bands and has been going to metal gigs since forever. He posted a ticket from a 1987 Nottingham gig where Napalm Death were at the bottom of the bill - I was about to leave a comment about what a big fan I was, and noticed the first comment was from Lee Dorrian! So I've been as fanboy-y as I feel comfortable with.