Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 10:35:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Former Balls of Steel presenter still a prick

Started by Fambo Number Mive, September 05, 2020, 12:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

As this involves someone connected with comedy, I thought I'd start a separate thread for Mark Dolan, who cut up a face mask live on his Talk Radio show, while claiming the first step to saving lives was binning masks.

No Mark, the first step to saving lives and getting the country back on track is everyone who can wearing a mask and social distancing, and the second step a vaccine. Wearing masks saves lives, they protect the wearer slightly and protect everyone around them from the wearer.

Should I be surprised that the former host of the dreadful Balls of Steel and the co-host of If Katie Hopkins Ruled The World is still a massive prick?

It's the people who can wear masks but won't who are helping prevent us getting back to normal.

the

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on September 05, 2020, 12:57:45 PMMark Dolan, who cut up a face mask live on has promoted the fact that he's still alive and has a Talk Radio show by doing a low-effort feeble stunt

idunnosomename

Well it was a disposable mask so i guess he did exactly the right thing

Also never heard of or seen thiscunt before in my life

H-O-W-L

imitationleather

Whenever I have my attention drawn to Talk Radio it's by a news article mentioning that during a show the presenter tore up something they disagree with.

Gives the impression it's all their shows are. Gammons destroying stuff they don't like.

Dusty Substance

You can expect to see more of this type of thing over the next few months.

Rizla

The correct response to this tiresome bollocks.
https://twitter.com/DaftLimmy/status/1302230593690894336

Prof John Ashton recently said something about how masks should be viewed as the new condoms*. During the AIDS crisis, were there prophylactic naysayers slicing up rubber johnnies on air to prove a point about freedom of choice?

*lol put a mask on ur nob/spunkbag on fizzog!

Fambo Number Mive

Every time a celebrity tweets anti-mask/anti-lockdown etc rubbish, I wonder how many deaths will be indirectly caused by it. You get a certain number of people who will believe what Norman Spunkypants/Sir Buttocks Lively etc has just tweeted because they are huge fans of them and as a result will go down the pub and get legless with their mates or not wear a mask on the tube when they would have done instead.  And as result there will be a few dozen cases more and someone will pass it on to someone at risk and they will die, all because some D-list celebrity wanted some attention.

I think there should be some kind of cancellation for corona-denying celebrities, a mass boycott of their material for example and complaining to the media when they are featured on there. Their bollocks areputting lives at risk. E.g. that Ian Brown guy, no one should buy any of his music again. He's prolonging a public health emergency.

beanheadmcginty

I'm starting to wonder if and when  the anti mask sentiment reaches its logical conclusion, i.e. Someone being wheeled into an operating theatre for life saving surgery demanding that all the medical staff remove their masks. It's going to happen at some point isn't it?

Dusty Substance

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on September 05, 2020, 05:09:04 PM
I'm starting to wonder if and when  the anti mask sentiment reaches its logical conclusion, i.e. Someone being wheeled into an operating theatre for life saving surgery demanding that all the medical staff remove their masks. It's going to happen at some point isn't it?

No, it's not.

Rizla

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on September 05, 2020, 04:55:35 PM
Every time a celebrity tweets anti-mask/anti-lockdown etc rubbish, I wonder how many deaths will be indirectly caused by it. You get a certain number of people who will believe what Norman Spunkypants/Sir Buttocks Lively etc has just tweeted because they are huge fans of them and as a result will go down the pub and get legless with their mates or not wear a mask on the tube when they would have done instead.  And as result there will be a few dozen cases more and someone will pass it on to someone at risk and they will die, all because some D-list celebrity wanted some attention.

I think there should be some kind of cancellation for corona-denying celebrities, a mass boycott of their material for example and complaining to the media when they are featured on there. Their bollocks areputting lives at risk. E.g. that Ian Brown guy, no one should buy any of his music again. He's prolonging a public health emergency.
The question is, are they just being thick or acting in self-interest with this shit? Like Whitehouse the other day, initially I thought fair enough, genuine concern for the industry and the lads on the popcorn stall, basically being thick but well intentioned, then you think hang on, bet he's got a load of capital invested in this stupid show, therefore he's being the other thing. Cuntchops on the radio there, well he's working for Murdoch so it's both. But yes, fuck anyone with a public platform pushing the anti mask, anti lockdown, anti science line. Run them out of town on a rail. Cos you're right, they're contributing directly to death and suffering.

Phil_A

Remember when this cunt tried to be Louis Theroux, with his "documentaries" where he went around pretending to be interested in the lives of people with physical deformities?

imitationleather

Quote from: Phil_A on September 05, 2020, 06:33:37 PM
Remember when this cunt tried to be Louis Theroux, with his "documentaries" where he went around pretending to be interested in the lives of people with physical deformities?

My God I'd forgotten about that.

With that and the Katie Hopkins shit the cunt must have one of the worst CVs in the world.

jobotic

He's just some bloke who did fluff pieces on the One Show. Had no idea he was fucking bellend.

Ian Brown however...

Brundle-Fly

Puce Moment

Would love to see how he would react just prior to bypass surgery if the surgeon and staff were sans face masks, coughing onto his pulsating but doomed heart as he slips behind a veil of aneaesthesia. His final experiences before the void being the embarrassed laughter of a poorly looking nurse who has spotted a glob of her own phlegm on his eyelash.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: jobotic on September 05, 2020, 09:12:14 PM
Which one? And who are all those posters?

Never heard of Balls of Steel

Why, 'have a couple of laqers' (misremembered as 'have a laqer and a wank'), of course.

Many of those posters are the old guard of comedy eviscerators.

You didn't miss anything apart from an explanation as to why someone might need to cut up a mask to try and re-ignite their career.

The Lurker

Ripping up a mask on that famous visual medium, radio.

Balls of Steel, shit for brains.

Johnny Yesno

When you make Tom Cruise look reasonable, you are failing hard: https://www.reddit.com/r/cringe/comments/1usmsj/guy_squirts_tom_cruise_in_the_face_with_water/

Unfortunately, this video is blocked in the UK.

Jake Thingray

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on September 05, 2020, 09:33:57 PM
Many of those posters are the old guard of comedy eviscerators.

SOTCAA were right about the cretin Dolan. Am mildly surprised Olivia Lee doesn't seem to have an OnlyFans account, these days.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Rizla on September 05, 2020, 04:23:32 PM
The correct response to this tiresome bollocks.
https://twitter.com/DaftLimmy/status/1302230593690894336

Is there a Limmy video where he does a reaction to people doing Limmy gif tweets at Limmy?

ajsmith2

Quote from: jobotic on September 05, 2020, 09:12:14 PM
Which one? And who are all those posters?

Never heard of Balls of Steel

I always find it odd that seemingly without fail, if an old CaB thread is linked to on here it contains 0 current posters. For some reason I find it hard to believe there's been quite such a Ship Of Theseus/Triggers Broom level of turnover of actively involved personnel here. I know there was a big seachange when the Corpses quit in the late 00s but I'd still expect more continuity of regulars. Unless there's a lot of people who changed accounts (Admittedly I did in 2017, but only cos I couldn't get back in after the site got hacked. And I kept (nearly) the same name).

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: ajsmith2 on September 06, 2020, 02:38:33 AM
I always find it odd that seemingly without fail, if an old CaB thread is linked to on here it contains 0 current posters.

Genuinely with fail, on the page I linked to alone, there's imitationleather, Catalogue Trousers, Goldentony, Dirty Boy and me.

I think Dolan and his producers did this for the clicks. Talk Radio streams on YouTube and shares highlights from their shows, this kind of thing gets views and people talking.

The Government however have always been anti or reluctant to use masks, so in the wider societal context a Radio presenter doing this helps. Masks inhibit their message of getting back to normal, so part of me wonders if this message would be encouraged in some quarters.

ajsmith2

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on September 06, 2020, 07:07:24 AM
Genuinely with fail, on the page I linked to alone, there's imitationleather, Catalogue Trousers, Goldentony, Dirty Boy and me.

(Genuinely) Thanks for correcting my somewhat myopic impression of the boards membership. I still got a lot to learn.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

One of my favourite lines from the Tumbleweeds was, in reference to Dolan, 'He just screams Tory Parents'.