Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 01:21:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Mario-Kart style game on PS4

Started by Puce Moment, September 05, 2020, 05:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puce Moment

I've been loving Gran Turismo Sport, but they do have quite restricted 2-player options. I would like to be able to play with Mrs Moment against other drivers with the potential to fuck people up with missiles and banana skins. You know the sort of thing.

The Sonic racing game looks the most obvious but I have never played a Sonic game in my life.

Sin Agog

If one of them doesn't master the turbo slides, the whole competitive element between themselves will be fucked (never mind the online strangers who'll crush you no matter what you do).  It's arguably a much better game than Mario, but it might be alienating for a couple wanting to pick up n play.  Team Sonic Racing can be pretty demanding as well, but I'd imagine you're more likely to be on a level footing.  Should've bought it a few days ago for 6 or 7 quid when it was on sale.

Wonderful Butternut

popcorn

I think either the Sonic or Crash games are your only real choices if you want daft kart racing action that isn't just utter, utter shit. You probably won't need to have played a Sonic or Crash game before to enjoy them, if daft kart racing action is what you fancy.

Alternatively buy a Wii U with Mario Kart 8 (cheaper than buying a Nintendo Switch).

kngen

PS Now has F1 Race Stars, which is an unholy marriage of Mario Kart and actual Formula 1 drivers in cartoon form. It was the closest thing i could find to entertain my daughter when she demanded the kind of Nintendo family fun all her friends were enjoying, and I was otherwise denying her.

It's not bad, tbh.

Puce Moment

Thanks folks - very useful! Going to give Sonic a try based on the youtube videos of gameplay. I'm really jusy trying to find good 2-player games for the PS4 as I much prefer playing it with my wife.

Quote from: Bazooka on September 05, 2020, 07:04:36 PMDesolation.

You don't know the half of it. This PS4 is my first console!

Get Sonic & All Stars Transformed as it's both cheaper and better than Sonic Team Racing.

Puce Moment

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on September 07, 2020, 05:19:12 PMGet Sonic & All Stars Transformed as it's both cheaper and better than Sonic Team Racing.

Gotcha - thanks!

Bazooka

Quote from: Puce Moment on September 07, 2020, 10:23:55 AM
You don't know the half of it. This PS4 is my first console!

Ha well you've missed out on both the rise and fall of Sonic.

Quote from: Puce Moment on September 07, 2020, 05:26:51 PM
Gotcha - thanks!

I've just realised that Transformed isn't on PS4 so you can basically scratch that recommendation. Twas a bloody PS3 era game.

madhair60

Crash Team Racing is the best kart game ever made