Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:45:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Ill Oddie

Started by privatefriend, September 06, 2020, 04:44:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelvin

edit:  just realised I was making a witty rejoinder to a post from last year.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Manic depression does not excuse being in The Goodies.

steve98

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on December 07, 2020, 05:16:00 AM
*insert bee-stings joke here*

No "joke", but I've written a short poem called "Kate's Humble Bumble-Bee". It's absolutely delightful (with a timely message for us all), but it's too good for this place (No disrespect).

PS. I've also written a sequel* called "What Kate's Humble Bumble-Bee Did Next"

*The sequel to "What Kate Humble's Humble Bumble-Bee Did."

Paul Calf

What's rude about a Boddie?

Glebe

How Oddie's not really woke, but glad he health is improving.

imitationleather

I had to check his Wikipedia to see if he was dead or not. Honestly thought he was and these tweets were someone hacking his account.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: steve98 on June 22, 2021, 03:17:40 PM
No "joke", but I've written a short poem called "Kate's Humble Bumble-Bee". It's absolutely delightful (with a timely message for us all), but it's too good for this place (No disrespect).

PS. I've also written a sequel* called "What Kate's Humble Bumble-Bee Did Next"

*The sequel to "What Kate Humble's Humble Bumble-Bee Did."

You could write one about Vladimir Putin's bumble bee called "The Cagey Bee".

purlieu

I was in the audience for a wildlife-based comedy panel show pilot for Radio 4 a few years ago, hosted by Chris Packham, with Bill Oddie as one of the team captains. It didn't get picked up (having comedians with no knowledge of wildlife pretty much derailed every single question), but Oddie was absolutely brilliant. Really funny, told interesting stories, good humoured with a twinkle in his eye throughout. Glad to see he's doing better, would be sad to see him go. Especially within a year of Tim.

poodlefaker

There's one on right now, hosted by Sue Perkins. It's awful.

Glebe

Quote from: poodlefaker on June 22, 2021, 04:33:41 PMThere's one on right now, hosted by Sue Perkins. It's awful.

She hosts everything, doesn't she? If you can't get Toksvig*, call Perkins.

*And you probably can't get Toksvig, as she's busy working on David Dickinson's allotment. "I'll have Perkins on me payroll soon, mark my words!"

steve98

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on June 22, 2021, 04:20:26 PM
You could write one about Vladimir Putin's bumble bee called "The Cagey Bee".

D'you think so? I might just give it a go then.

Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead

Quote from: steve98 on June 22, 2021, 05:14:57 PM
D'you think so? I might just give it a go then.
If you do, would you try a limerick? "Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin" scans just right.

idunnosomename

i heard some of that show, it was the biggest load of horseshit I've heard in a long time (haha the animals have sex!! what if they had a cigarette afterwards lol!!!). but didn't hear the one with Oddie on. I heard his "My Teenage Diary" though, one of the most convincing episodes that the diary in question actually exists (because it was one he was forced to keep for an Outward Bounds course in the Lake District in the late 50s). I didn't know his mother had such severe schizophrenia.

steve98

Quote from: Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead on June 22, 2021, 11:02:39 PM
If you do, would you try a limerick? "Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin" scans just right.

Aye, ok. (But don't put me on your "Ignore List", please, if I'm goin' to all that bother - It's not funny.)

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: idunnosomename on June 22, 2021, 11:16:05 PM
i heard some of that show, it was the biggest load of horseshit I've heard in a long time (haha the animals have sex!! what if they had a cigarette afterwards lol!!!). but didn't hear the one with Oddie on. I heard his "My Teenage Diary" though, one of the most convincing episodes that the diary in question actually exists (because it was one he was forced to keep for an Outward Bounds course in the Lake District in the late 50s). I didn't know his mother had such severe schizophrenia.

I have vague memories of a BBC programme about his life some time ago, I got the impression from it he never really got over seeing his mum deteriorate and have to go to hospital for long periods of time. They did take him to where his family originates though which is basically down the road from where I used to live on the edge of a small village called Sawley.

Video Game Fan 2000

What do you think Bill Oddie smells like? I've always thought bran flakes.

Video Game Fan 2000

Fuck me I should've read the last post.

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on June 22, 2021, 11:54:04 PM
What do you think Bill Oddie smells like? I've always thought bran flakes.

He's made of very good fibre so yes

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I think he smells musty, like an old library book.

Twonty Gostelow

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on June 22, 2021, 11:50:26 PM
I have vague memories of a BBC programme about his life some time ago, I got the impression from it he never really got over seeing his mum deteriorate and have to go to hospital for long periods of time. They did take him to where his family originates though which is basically down the road from where I used to live on the edge of a small village called Sawley.

It was probably Who Do You Think You Are?, where he talks about how he was brought up wrongly believing his mother had abandoned him. 

Some poignant clips here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyJyMRbupAk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKmWuRhdMuo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Kj9GtEp3Gw

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 22, 2021, 02:55:58 PMYes, its the dead man's "bump" that many get after a long illness before passing

Oh God, you could be right.

On the other hand, being bipolar, he's been up and down for years, albeit not to the extent of the last year or so, and he's been recovering from lithium poisoning rather than an actual disease, so fingers crossed.

idunnosomename

yeah in this it was mainly about him hiding in his room while she had episodes and then when he saw her in hospital not only did she not recognise him, he didn't recognise her.

Rufus Hound does an unfunny version of the Funky Gibbon at the end but it's worth a listen, I think. Bill came off really well, not a grouch at all. and as I say it sounded more legit than most of them

Twonty Gostelow

Ah, probably wasn't WDYTYA then. That one doesn't ring any bells with me.

gilbertharding

Quote from: poodlefaker on June 22, 2021, 04:33:41 PM
There's one on right now, hosted by Sue Perkins. It's awful.

Fuck yes.

"Ha ha! Women animals behaving virtuously! Men animals being awful!!"

"Oh! Example of men animals behaving in a way which confounds our self-fulfilling stereotype!! How simply priceless!"

lipsink

I once took calls for a TV channel and a caller called to complain that during a programme Bill Oddie got his knob out and wiped it on the camera.

I'm deadly serious.

Replies From View

Quote from: lipsink on June 25, 2021, 04:36:40 PM
I once took calls for a TV channel and a caller called to complain that during a programme Bill Oddie got his knob out and wiped it on the camera.

I'm deadly serious.

Which device did they want him to wipe it on?

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: lipsink on June 25, 2021, 04:36:40 PM

I'm deadly serious.

LOL that reminds me of when a friend at school claimed to have see the 'Relax' video on late at night, and he did that thing where you look left and right to see if anyone's listening, and in hushed tones said "He* ejaculated onto the camera lens!"

*Not Bill Oddie, he wasn't even in the video.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: steve98 on June 22, 2021, 03:17:40 PM
I've also written a sequel* called "What Kate's Humble Bumble-Bee Did Next"
Bummed Dumbledore? Took a tumble, bungled a crumble and grumbled?

The Dog

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on December 06, 2020, 02:03:13 AM
I wonder what his cock looks like.

It is most easily identified by its large bill.