Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:31:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Things you use your tablet for

Started by peanutbutter, September 06, 2020, 06:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanutbutter

Bought one just there, it's pretty old but I imagine can do most things you'd need a tablet to do. Looking for some ideas. 10.5" so as big as you can get without being horribly heavy or expensive.

Atm I've got:
- movie viewing device in bed (OLED screen too so less abrasive and all that hopefully)
- comic book reader
- PDF reader (they're always way too small on my kindle)
- portable second monitor
- emulator maybe, probably not

It doesn't have pen support but I see I could upgrade to a Galaxy S3 Tablet w/pen for like £50 so I might do that to use as a notepad or some shit.

Neomod

I use my Galaxy 7 with Caustic, a nifty little DAW that I can use to sketch out musical ideas or make complete tracks.

Oh and as a book reader.

Retinend

Blumf

samadriel

I bought a Galaxy Tab S5e mid-last year, 'cos it's nice and big, and I wanted to read comics.  I don't think tablets have gotten much bigger since it came out, and the resolution is nice enough, so I didn't feel the need to get anything more modern.  Life has been a blissful parade of digital comics ever since, as evidenced by my posts in the comics thread, so go!  Enjoy your tablet!

Sebastian Cobb

Thimbleweed Park.

Other Lucasarts adventures via ScummVM.

Aside from that, not much apart from apps my rooted phone can't run (e.g. banking) because it doesn't pass security checks.