Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:51:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Fibbing about employment

Started by bgmnts, September 06, 2020, 10:15:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

Quote from: Blue Jam on September 08, 2020, 04:56:53 PM
I lived at a couple of addresses in London where I was constantly getting red bills addressed to the previous tenant, and phonecalls demanding to know where they were, and who I was. I didn't know why until someone gave me the "handy hint" to not pay my final bills before moving to a new address.

This sounds like a Viz Top Tip.

"Tired of having no money and some electricity? Why not simply stop paying bills - you'll be "in the black" (the dark) in no time!"

Blue Jam

During the credit crunch I remember someone here posting a link to some handy money-saving hints on BBC Speak You're Branes Have Your Say or something and one of them was "Save money on pens, teabags etc by taking them from work".

I guess stealing stuff really is an effective way of saving money though.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Blue Jam on September 09, 2020, 01:58:55 PM
During the credit crunch I remember someone here posting a link to some handy money-saving hints on BBC Speak You're Branes Have Your Say or something and one of them was "Save money on pens, teabags etc by taking them from work".

"Wee in your sink and save your shits for work.  You'll save ££££s on water and sewerage costs (as long as you are on a meter, if you're not on a meter leave the tap running all day)"

Ferris

Quote from: Blue Jam on September 09, 2020, 01:58:55 PM

Remember "Speak You're Branes"? That takes me back.

Blue Jam

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on September 09, 2020, 02:11:23 PM

iirc the owner of that site stopped running it when BBC Have Your Say just got too ridiculous to ridicule anymore. If only BTL comments hadn't got even worse after that...

EDIT: http://ifyoulikeitsomuchwhydontyougolivethere.com is still live but it's hosting something a bit different now.

canadagoose

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on September 09, 2020, 02:11:23 PM
I used to love it. There weren't many websites that made me laugh out loud, but that was one of them.

Icehaven

Zetetic

Euphemism generator, apparently.

Icehaven

Quote from: Zetetic on September 09, 2020, 08:20:38 PM
Euphemism generator, apparently.

Huh. Well I hope any delightful soul researching the concept of if you like it so much why don't you go live there enjoys their saucy surprise.

Ferris

Quote from: canadagoose on September 09, 2020, 07:18:17 PM
I used to love it. There weren't many websites that made me laugh out loud, but that was one of them.

I was a long time lurker, infrequent poster (under the handle "SoftTouchBritain" or something) but I haven't thought about the place in nearly 15 years. I might have got that name wrong.

jobotic

I used to love Speak Your Branes too.

I think I liked ifyoulikeitsomuchwhydon'tyougolivethere as well but can;t remember anything about it apart from the name. What was it?